• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Fan Club

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I liked Derpy's part, but I would agree about her voice. It's just... idk. I don't really like it. I'm on the fence about the clumsiness, so when it comes to that I'll hold off on commenting until we see more Derpy screentime. As for the name... well, it was inevitable. I'm sure a friend of mine really liked her part though, since he's a big fan of Derpy. I haven't really looked around, but I'll assume that the reaction of Derpy's screentime was mixed.

I did like the episode in general though. It's lovely to see my favorite pony get more screentime! ♥

olih

Who says you can't go home?
Years
Yeah, Derpy's voice was kinda... eh. Hard to place. Something :S I liked this episode, though! And scary Pinkie is just 0_0 That double voice...

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years
To be honest, Derpy's voice is almost EXACTLY how I imagined it to be, some people don't like it because of a Youtube user by the name of "BaldDumboRat", who is well known for his Derpy fandubs...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I've never heard of that Youtube user.

idk. Derpy's voice just irks me in general. I mean, I can see how people can imagine her to sound like that, but I think it puts the 'derp' in derpy a liiiiittle too much. idk. This makes me want to text my friend who loves Derpy and hear what he thinks though.

olih

Who says you can't go home?
Years
I didn't really expect it, and to me, it doesn't fit much :\ I haven't heard of that Youtube guy, so... yeah. Also, Derpy sounds like me, which is kinda sad once you think about it XP

Last edited:

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
It's a girl. I've been a fan of her for a while. xD;

Anyway, I'd love Derpy to be implemented into more episodes like that. Her own episode on it's own would be even better! Fat chance of that, though. o3o

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Well, it looks like in this second season they're trying to give some of the popular background ponies some lines. I think Derpy was actually the second background pony to have lines?

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Years
Derpy shouldn't talk, she already had a strong foundation as a "Where's Waldo?" kind of character, and now they want to take all that away, the fun of trying to find her hiding, and if they do through with this, she'll be hiding in plain sight, and that's not fun at all.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Years
I didn't like Nightmare Moon, but the pilot episodes were was got me intrigued with the show.

I was indifferent to the Luna Eclipsed episode, however I did like everypony's costumes (minus Spike's completely unoriginal costume.)

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
Years
- Favorite Episode: Lesson Zero or Party of One
- Favorite Main Pony: Twilight
- Favorite Side Pony: Big Macintosh
- About Me: I'm me, I don't have much to say. I'm a guy who has interest in this show. I don't think its the best show in the world, but I like it enough to be considered a fan (not a brony)

As a post into this thread, I would like to let you all know of a song I've been listening too. IT IS AMAZING! I don't really care for music in this genre, but it features one of my favorite antagonists ever, so its a win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPfMb50dsOk

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Years
- Favorite Episode: Lesson Zero or Party of One
- Favorite Main Pony: Twilight
- Favorite Side Pony: Big Macintosh
- About Me: I'm me, I don't have much to say. I'm a guy who has interest in this show. I don't think its the best show in the world, but I like it enough to be considered a fan (not a brony)

Welcome to the club, new member! Hope you enjoy your stay in the club. You'll be added to the member list right away.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Years
- Favorite Episode: The second one.
- Favorite Main Pony: Twilight Sparkle.
- Favorite Side Pony: Princess Luna.
- About Me: Not a lot to say, just got into the series this morning.

This morning? You're a little late to the party! But, we warmly welcome all bronies, no matter when they became a fan of this show.

Welcome to the club. New episode tomorrow!

Years
Welcome, new members! :3

Anyways, a popular artist I'm acquainted with got into an incident over Tumblr recently where one of her fans said via the site that they were disappointed with her falling into the pony fandom and drawing more ponies. I can somewhat understand where the person is coming from since it's reasonable to get tired of constantly seeing a specific fandom but an artist isn't here to please anyone - art's a form of expression and if the artist likes what they're drawing, they should be free to continue with it. If you dislike it, unwatch the user rather than making it public. That probably won't change anything tbh.

A lot of people actually agreed with that user (last I checked there were about 1,050 notes on the Tumblr picture, though after looking through some, I'm willing to bet a good 30% of them were people reblogging from the artist's side). I didn't really like how the artist responded to that message though, it was a little harsh, especially when the person worded their message pretty nicely. Though I can see her frustration.

..it was slightly ironic though since the artist they're complaining about mostly draws Pokemon, which is quite a popular fandom itself xD;

Last edited:
Back