• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yes, now I want my name to be…

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I like Patrick. In fact, I like it more than using an internet alias, and almost never use an alias anymore. And I would've, too, if I didn't feel apprehensive and lazy simutaneously when signing up.

In fact, I'd prefer to be addressed as Patrick as long as you know that's what my name is. dbp is so lazy and weird. As far as iRL goes, I can't say I'd ever want a different name. It's not too unique, not too overused.

PokemonMasters

Always Remember Forever&After
Years
Hmm, I'm okay with Fritz :3 That's not a very common name in my place. Even though sometimes people compare it to Ritz the crackers and drinks, Im still fine with my name xD

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
No, I don't think I would. It's only a name, it's not that important, and I like mine anyway. I'd keep my first name definitely, but gun to my head I might change my last name to something that goes with more stuff. Last names that begin with R tend not to go with a lot of first names and flow smoothly, so I'd change it to something with a hard-sounding first letter.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I really don't like my name, but honestly, any name I would want to switch to would also require a gender change, so all in all, I'll stick with the name I have. At least it's not something weird lol

Years
I've been Brendan my entire life, so I've got no real reason to change that now. It's a unique enough name that I've only known a small number of people with it, but common enough that everyone knows how to say it.

Maybe if I grew up with a fairly common name like Joe, Matt or Steve I might have felt differently about my name, but I'm happy with it the way it is.

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I can't think of anything in particular I would want to rename myself. Erin, though it is a boring name, suits me okay. Even if I could change it, it would be like an endless cycle. I'd get bored of one name and move on to the next one. I could be like...the world record holder for the most amount of legal name changes.

Nobody would know what to call me. c:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Ugh naming is tough... to think of new name for myself is probably even harder. I'm used to being Eddie (my RL name) and I can't really imagine what's a "more suitable" name for myself haha

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I used to dislike my name but now I'm used to it. I'd definitely change my middle name (just get rid of it.) I'm named after an uncle who has now turned out to be a jerk. Plus the name is pretty horrid.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
My name is so so so so so so common, so yes, I would love to change it. I wish Megan was my actual real name though, so I can finally get used to it and drop my "soap opera-ish" name xD

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
As much as I dislike my full first name, I don't think I could ever change it. It's a boy name and I was named after my grandfather and dad (it's their middle name), but now that my grandfather is gone, I don't think I could ever change it. The name I go by which is short for the full first name is very unique. It was a common name in the 70's I believe, but spelled different. It's annoying that no one ever spells my name right, though. But eh...it's different and it's cute and I like it enough to keep it.

If I had to choose another name, I would change it to Allison and go by Alli. Though if you called me that now I would probably respond anyway. :P It's kind of close to my real name anyway, so yeah.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 13, 2021
I would change my first name for the sake of having it shorter, like Sky. I use a nickname over my formal name IRL, which is only one letter difference, so eh.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I like my name well enough, but if I were going to change it, I might go with something like Roy... although it doesn't really flow with my last name.

Khawill

<3
Years
I'd completely remove my name, that way people would have to refer to me with only pronouns. Though that is probably not legal in most countries so I would go with the name Thirteen (the value of my name in scrabble)

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
I personally like my name, Lydia Ryan, but my bf found out about 2 days ago that his birth name isn't Brandon, but it's Tybor(tie-burr, for those who don't know how to pronounce it). I know it's weird, but I like it. He's going to find out tomorrow why his parents called him Brandon instead of Tybor.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I have no real issues with my name. It's not an amazing name or anything, but there's also nothing really wrong with it. By changing it, I'd need to inform everyone who knew me by my previous name and tell them why I'm changing it and answer loads of different questions and then I'd need to get my passport and other official documents changed and oh my god so much effort. So no. I'm not going to get my name changed any time soon.

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
Years
No. I may not like my name as much as I like others, but it is my name and I will forever have it.

There are plenty of names I like more than mine, though. Charlotte is my favorite name right now.

Tackle

Pancham
Years
I never think about changing my name, I think my name's very good.
I'm okay with George. =)

Back