• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Odyssey: A New Beginning [T] [Best Veteran 4Q '12]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen today
Accatosh "Blitzkrieg" Coronis

Accatosh watched silently as the battle ended, and the conversations that took place... he wondered if "Sentry" that pathetic Scizor remembered him. as Accatosh recalled that Scizor had been hit by this very attack that Accatosh had released, back at Gold City... but he kept himself in check, and just listened to the conversation, he slowly released access to the Dragon heart's power. when all was said and done, Accatosh looked around, "Where is our sister,the Ninetales,she fought bravely, I hope she is alright," his voice taking a worried tone. He began to take a few steps, but then noticed how sore his body was from the fighting, the strain that he put on his body was too much, even with all his training... he hadn't trained to endure such physical drain as he had just released. He collapsed, feinted, from over exhaustion.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Kyusu "Kasey" Fuella Arashi
Gold Tribe
Plains of Valkaria
Sentry

Kasey leaned against the tree, gasping for air. Her chest was heaving with the effort, and she was almost certain she would pass out if she could not get a hold of herself. She could hear the battle raging back near the camp, and occasional flashes of light would meet her eyes as attacks collided. Even without being able to see the battlefield directly, she could tell that it was Hell just from the sheer noise of it all.

"Someone keep an eye out in case there's another group somewhere," Hanso said over telepathy, obviously speaking to the entire Gold Tribe in the area. She didn't even have the strength to try and maintain the link with Hanso to send him a message. So she sat there, fighting the pain as her vision began to blur.

A few moments later, there was a flash of light and Kasey noticed a tall, green figure. Her instincts told her that it was Hanso, and she had faintly gotten used to his energy signature thanks to the telepathic links that they had already shared in the short time that they had been traveling together. She tried to look at him, to get a more clear picture, but she was so weak she wasn't even sure that her eyes moved.

Through her blurred vision, Kasey noticed an orb of light form in Hanso's hands. After a moment it flashed and seemed to get bigger, leading Kasey to believe that it was heading towards her. She wasn't sure what it was that the Gallade would be doing, but she had known some members of the Ralts family in her time and knew that some of them possessed healing abilities. Granted, some were much more skilled at it than others. She had learned that, nine times out of ten, Gallade were not as skilled at it as Gardevoir or certain Kirlia. Regardless, Kasey welcomed the orb of energy as it enveloped her, seeping into her skin and flowing throughout her body.

After a moment, Kasey could feel her strength returning. She took one last gasp of air and her vision cleared, the pain in her muscles easing. She still had a splitting headache, but she doubted that would last too long. If it did persist, she would find ways to ignore it.

As Kasey stood, she noticed that Hanso had already disappeared, presumably rushing back to the battlefield to help their comrades, running on the assumption that his healing ability had worked. Kasey took no offense, as she understood completely and most likely would have done the same had the roles been switched. It had worked, after all, so she wasn't upset.

There was a bright flare in the sky as an object was launched high. It split into dozens of smaller fragments, bombarding the battlefield with its power. Kasey recognized it as some variation of the Draco Meteor attack, and immediately assumed that it was the product of one of the Salamence.

Once the raining of flaming stone subsided, Kasey ran back towards the battlefield. She froze at the edge of the forest as she saw a flash of bright, metallic red.

The first thing she realized was that the battle seemed to have stopped completely. The second thing she realized was that she was staring directly at a Scizor; the Sentinel, Sentry. He seemed to have been speaking with Vigil. Kasey only managed to catch the tail end of the conversation.

". . . Noctus?" Sentry questioned, looking at Zane. "Oh. Him. So Noctus is his name. I never did learn his name. Who knows? I'm sure if you look hard enough, you'll find him." Sentry turned, speaking to Zane as he began to depart. "Or perhaps not."

Noctus. Kasey remembered the name from the story Zane had detailed earlier. Her mind flew into overdrive as she accessed all of the things that Zane had said mentioning Noctus.

The best that Kasey could infer was that, Noctus being the supposed traitor that he was, Zane had probably questioned Sentry on his whereabouts, perhaps trying to confirm whatever suspicions that he may have had. The answer didn't seem to prove fruitful.

Kasey remained where she was as Sentry departed. The rest of the Gold Tribe seemed to be as stunned as she was, although her visage betrayed nothing of the affirmative.

"I'm way faster than that Arceus-forsaken prig," one of the Gold Tribe unfamiliar to Kasey, presumably The Swift, said. "He is a disgrace to Scizor kind." Kasey looked at the Scizor, examining him.

"Where is our sister, the Ninetales? She fought bravely. I hope she is alright." Kasey turned to look at the green Salamence, Blitzkrieg, as he spoke. She was about to respond with the assurance of her immediate well-being, but the Salamence fainted before she could.

"Too much stress for his body, apparently," Kasey said bluntly as she walked back towards the group.

She turned her head back towards The Swift as she reached Blitzkrieg's form. "Do well not to underestimate any of Sentinels, brother. Even if in anger, as that is the worst form. Arrogance will bring you nowhere."

Kasey instinctively placed her paw upon the Salamence's body, checking his vital signatures. His heart rate was high, as to be expected from a body that had just been placed under so much stress, but other than that, he was fine.

Kasey raised her head and looked around the battlefield. She wrinkled her nose in disgust. Blood covered the area and bodies lay strewn across the grass.

"Would anyone wish to help me gather up these bodies so that I may burn them?" Kasey asked in a tone that wasn't so much questioning as it was expectant. She walked off without another word, starting on the task that she had assigned.​

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Daricka "Wildfire" Cambar

Daricka granted Bane only a fleeting moment of attention as the Ninetales charged in with a Flamethrower, keeping most of her focus on the Ancients. She gave a mental sigh of exasperation as the flaming fox continued past her, Blitzkrieg, and The Swift instead holding the line with them, which would have been much more effective since they could have then worked together. Though, Bane seemed to be doing fine on her own at the moment so Daricka instead turned her attention to the Ancients the Ninetales wasn't mowing down.

Using the natural agility of an Infernape, Daricka swung herself up onto the low branch of a tree. From there, she sprung down onto a Rampardos' back, the force combined with Close Combat bringing it to the ground with a crack as it's head twisted at an odd angle. Abandoning the motionless Ancient, Daricka moved onto her next target with a Flare Blitz already prepared. For the next few moments, Daricka was a dark blur of fire, fists, and kicks as she lashed out at whatever moved into her path as she made her way closer to Bane in case her sister required aid. Unfortunately, she was a few moments to late as a Rampardos slammed into Bane, bringing down Ninetales with the aid of a Bastiodon.

Daricka was momentarily distracted from Bane's crisis as she crouched low to the ground to avoid a blast of water. When she rose to her full height, her body's temperature rose drastically before she unleashed the heat in a dark-tainted Heat Wave that partially melted the hard shell of the Kabutops that had previously attacked her, as well as any other Ancients caught up in the attack. As a Bastiodon's charge caused Daricka to fumble for footing, she spared a quick glance toward Bane to ensure that she was safe and saw Blitzkrieg and The Swift fiercely defending the recovering Ninetales.

Satisfied that Bane was alright, she turned her full attention to dealing with the Bastiodon currently attempting to trample her. Bracing herself by grabbing the top of its head, she swung herself out of danger's way and onto its back where she proceeded to batter its unprotected neck with Close Combat until it fell.

The sound of multiple explosions brought her attention to the meteors raining down about her. Moving quickly, Daricka leaped to another Ancient, only to push off it to the next as she moved along a chain of Ancients to the edge of the fighting, where she then watched the shower of meteors decimate the Ancients.

"Hold!" a voice called over the fighting as Daricka prepared to rejoin the battle. Her oceanic blue eyes were drawn to a Scizor she immediately recognized as Sentry. "Ah, the Gold Tribe…this is problematic. Here you are, and yet…Lord Auron's orders…hmmm…" He placed one claw to his chin, as if debating what to do next. After a brief moment of silence, Sentry spoke again, "Much as this would be a good a time as any, I was in pursuit of those other Pokemon, not you."

"If you want them, you claim them only through us," Vigil replied.

"Yes, I figured as much," Sentry sighed. "Today is not the day you die. But mark me: that time comes soon. Ancients! We move out!"

As the ancients retreated, Vigil appeared to be thinking of something. Sure enough, he called after the Sentinel, "Where's Noctus?"

Sentry turned toward Vigil, a confused look on his face. "…Noctus?" He repeated, then an expression of realization crossed his face. "Oh. Him. So Noctus is his name. I never did learn his name. Who knows? I'm sure if you look hard enough, you'll find him." Sentry turned, adding as he left, "Or perhaps not."

"I'm way faster than that Arceus-forsaken prig," The Swift announced when Sentry was out of ear-shot. "He is a disgrace to Scizor kind." Daricka silently agreed with him, though no words came out of her mouth. Her mind was elsewhere, slowly closing out the others as they spoke, as she thought on something Sentry had said.

The Silver Tribe Sentinel had mentioned something about Auron's orders. What exactly were these orders that stopped him from eliminating the Gold Tribe? The more she thought about it, the more she came to believe the Silver Tribe had other plans in store.

"Would anyone wish to help me gather up these bodies so that I may burn them?" Daricka returned to awareness at Bane's request. Her eyes shifted to the unconscious form of Blitzkrieg, whom had apparently fainted from overexertion, then back to Bane as she moved to assist her sister in moving the bodies into a pile.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Online now
Ragnaros 'Bloodthirster' Phylax

"Hold!" A voice said, from the middle of the Ancients; Ragnaros looked up, after dropping his heavy front foot at an Omastar. Their enemies parted to form a path to a Pokemon that was none other than Sentry; he fixed his hateful stare at the Scizor, imagining biting his torso off. Another traitorous Wurmple that had betrayed the Gold Tribe.

"What, you're gonna ask us for more?" Bloodthirster said quietly in a mocking tone.

"Sentry!" Vigil shouted.

"Ah, the Gold Tribe…this is problematic. Here you are, and yet…Lord Auron's orders…hmmm…" He placed one claw to his chin, as if debating what to do next. Bloodthirster felt the tribe before him ready to strike, as he was. But Sentry spoke again. "Much as this would be a good a time as any, I was in pursuit of those other Pokemon, not you."

"If you want them, you claim them only through us."

"Yes, I figured as much." He stated with a deep sigh. "Today is not the day you die. But mark me: that time comes soon. Ancients! We move out!"

Bloodthirster made a move to chase them, two steps forward, then he realized nobody was following him. He looked back at the others, his face full of the anger he hadn't let out on the Ancients before. But Vigil had his attention focused on the Sentinel.

"Where's Noctus?" the golden Bisharp asked Sentry. Bloodthirster glanced back as well, and he thought of attacking them right there and then, but his curiosity was intrigued; he wouldn't be able to catch the 'fastest Pokemon alive', as was the rumor regarding Sentry, anyway. My flames would catch up to that little bug, he thought, but he shook his head and focused on the conversation.

"…Noctus?" Sentry repeated. "Oh. Him. So Noctus is his name. I never did learn his name. Who knows? I'm sure if you look hard enough, you'll find him. Or perhaps not."

And just like that, the Sentinel and the Ancients departed. Despite his thoughts of giving chase, Vigil probably knew better. They would have to stay like birds in their nests, sitting on their eggs. This action wasn't enough... he thought, and why didn't the Sentinel attack us already?

"He's just afraid of us, just as he should be," Ragnaros spoke his thoughts out loud, not in his usual, intimidating manner but in a more quiet one.
A grin revealing his entertainment was spread on his face, which looked monstrous, painted red as it was from the blood of his enemies. It was the blood of a Kabutops, an ancient unlucky enough to be caught within his jaws, between his electrified fangs. He couldn't say he had done much but crush a few of them; he didn't enjoy it either, as he wasn't fully prepared, although willing. But his slow movement was mainly because he was observing Blitzkrieg, who was fighting ferociously. The two of them weren't much different, he reckoned, but he seemed too foolish to guard himself from the opponent's hits - Ragnaros would make sure they were dead before they could fight back. His grin widened in the thought, blood dripping from his scales, his eyes running through the group of the Gold Tribe members, now to meet the Tyrogue and the other two Pokemon; only then he remembered how they got in the fight with the Ancients in the first place. He fixed his intense gaze on the Tyrogue, as it was the first time he was seeing this species.

"Tell us why you were running," he demanded to know, smirking his eyes.

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Hanso SharpEye
~~~~~
As it turned out, it was only moments later when the battle ended. "Hold!" Hanso frowned, staying in his place in the tree, thinking that he might not be noticed by...

"Sentry!" Zane shouted irately.

"Ah, the Gold Tribe…this is problematic. Here you are, and yet…Lord Auron's orders…hmmm…" Hanso cocked his head slightly. Auron's orders?...And there's only one Sentinel here that we see...any others around? Sentry spoke again. "Much as this would be a good a time as any, I was in pursuit of those other Pokemon, not you."

"If you want them, you claim them only through us."

"Yes, I figured as much." He stated with a deep sigh. "Today is not the day you die. But mark me: that time comes soon. Ancients! We move out!" Wait, the Silver Tribe was leaving. Sure, just a relatively small group of Ancients and one Sentinel, but they weren't trying to get rid of the Gold Tribe. Sentry had said 'problematic', as if meeting them here and fighting them was...was...against Auron's orders, perhaps?

"Where's Noctus?" Zane asked Sentry. At the mention of the name, Sentry turned and looked at Zane, a somewhat confused look on his face.

"…Noctus?" He repeated, trying to apparently decipher the name. He then suddenly realized. "Oh. Him. So Noctus is his name. I never did learn his name. Who knows? I'm sure if you look hard enough, you'll find him." Sentry turned, speaking back as he departed. "Or perhaps not."

As the Ancients left, Hanso slowly let himself down out of the tree, landing on his feet. It was a bit of a struggle to keep only mild confusion on his face. He didn't feel as if he could make his face impassive at the moment. Something about Auron's orders had kept Sentry from unleashing the remainder of his Ancients on the Gold Tribe. In fact, it seemed that, if it wasn't for Auron, the Silver Tribe probably would have attacked them by now. As for Noctus, Sentry's answer didn't prove anything. Well, except that he didn't know the name of the Silver Tribe's spy before. Hanso still thought that Noctus was as likely to be guilty as he was to be innocent.

Part of the problem was that they didn't know anyone else who might have been the spy. Guilt pricked at Hanso's mind, though it wasn't so strong now.

"Do well not to underestimate any of Sentinels, brother. Even if in anger, as that is the worst form. Arrogance will bring you nowhere."

Hanso turned his attention to Bane, then to the unconscious Salamence. The Ninetales seemed confident, after a moment, that Accatosh was fine.

"Would anyone wish to help me gather up these bodies so that I may burn them?"

Hanso glanced over at the three Pokemon who had begun this particular fray, removing the confusion from his face. They didn't seem like they were Gold Tribe members - almost too young, perhaps, and he didn't see any emblems on them at the moment, though he was looking from a distance. The only other reason Hanso could think of for Sentry and his Ancients to be chasing these three, other than being important refugees of some sort, was that...

His eyes narrowed. He wouldn't say it, but he didn't know for sure how the three would act by morning. As Hanso walked over to the unconscious Salamence, he mentally threw out several sensors around the area. As long as they weren't tampered with, he should be aware of anyone coming...or leaving. Hanso placed a hand on Accatosh, then teleported both of them back to the campsite, which would be a better resting place for the Salamence. He then returned to the battlefield and began helping Bane and Wildfire with piling the dead Ancients in one place.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Plains of Valkaria

Almost immediately after the Sentinel left, Blitzkrieg, the new arrival, fell onto the ground due to apparent exhaustion. Zane imagined this was the most intense action he had had in a while, probably since Gold City, so he probably needed some time getting used to it all again. TrueStriker took him back to the campsite to rest, where the Healer immediately started to check up on him, and then a few of the others began piling up Ancient bodies to burn. Bloodthirster made his way over to the three Pokemon, who seemed to be alright for the most part. The large Salamence got straight to the point.

"Tell us why you were running," he demanded to know, smirking his eyes. Zane crossed his arms and shook his head a bit, figuring there was a less blunt way of asking such things. Oh well, to the point it is. His breathing had become steady again now that the fight was over.

"Sorry, Bloodthirster can be a bit forward sometimes. Are you three alright?"

The Tyrogue glared right on back at the Salamance. "Why should we dragon? You aren't the boss of us!" The fighter delcared as he crossed his arms over his chest. "In fact, you're lucky that we didn't just try and fight you as well!"

The Eevee paled as her friend talked, "Uh... Saul... you shouldn't talk to him like that..." She crokaed out in a very soft and weak voice.

The fighter just snorted, "Yeah, thanks for the help and all that stuff, blah blah blah, but we have to get going." He stated. "We have a deadline and such, plus there are others counting on us!" He said with a bit of pride in his voice as he readjusted the sack he had over his shoulder.

The Pawniard however held up a hand, "Wait Saul." The small pokemon turned to Vigil and gazed at him for a moment, "That Scizor... said you were Gold Tribe." He bowed his head for a moment, "Thank you. If you hadn't saved us we surely would have landed in the prisons they have." He gestured to himself, "I am Lashire, you have already met Saul, and the Eevee is Zara. A pleasure to finally meet the Gold Tribe. I had heard most of you were wiped out, but that there were still a few alive, fighting the Silver Tribe. I assume you are those survivors." He stated.

Zane nodded his head. "Yes, you're right. I'm Vigil, interim leader. This is Bloodthirster." He said, gesturing to the large Salamence next to him. "It was our pleasure to help. But I have to ask...why were the Ancients chasing you to begin with? Where are you from?"

Zara spoke up at the question, "We are from Cape Ciy Mr. Vigil." She said softly. "We were getting supplies and scouting."

The Tyrogue gritted his teeth, "Zara! They didn't need to know that much!"

Instantly her ears flattened against her skull. "Oh... sorry." She croaked out.

"Cape City?" Zane repeated. He figured this might be as good a time as any to ask. "You wouldn't happen to have seen a Golduck passing through around there recently have you? Or perhaps on the road here?"

At the word Golduck Zara perked up, but Saul quickly clamped her mouth shut as he smirked, "Golduck eh?" He chuckled. "Well, I COULD tell you what we have seen... how much does it mean to you?"

Lashire glared at Saul, "Enough Saul." He turned to Vigil, "Well, Cape City is home to many species. Refugees have been pouring in from all over, so if you are looking for a specific Golduck I wouldn't be able to help. Many of us don't go out into the city itself, only the very well trained scouts do. But, if you do need to find someone fast, I know of a guy who can help you. We work for him actually, he's trying to get the city freed form the Silver Tribe and I'm sure he could use some help on that front. He knows EVERYONE that goes in and out of Cape City. I'm sure if a Golduck walked in then he could pinpoint you to where he lives, what his name is, even if he made any friends in the city. He has informants everywhere you see so it wouldn't be that hard for him."

Once more Saul rolled his eyes, "Yes! Tell them everything Lash! Just give away everything!"

The Pawniard ignored his comrade, "If you want, we can lead you to him. It's in the tunnels, but in a very secret part. You did save our lives, so we owe you that much, and if you can help free the city that would be of even more benefit to us." He said with a nod.

Zane tilted his head to the side a bit, cocking an eyebrow. The way Lashire described this Pokemon, he must have been pretty powerful, or at least was well-informed. But Zane had never heard of any official there before with that kind of knowledge. It was probably more likely that whoever this was, they came about after the invasion. Perhaps another rebellion leader, like Guardia was in Eternity City. Still, this was their best lead, so Zane knew it would be foolish to turn it down.

"Alright." He said with a nod. "We can travel together to Cape City. And with your friends help, we can help free Cape City together, once we find the Golduck. Agreed?"

Lashire nodded, "Agreed. We can head out in the morning, my friends and I need to rest, that run was rather tiresome, but early morning is our best bet to get past the Ancients that guard the way. Any other information... I won't be able to give you. Sorry, but sometimes we do come across those that, in the past, tried to have our leader killed or get information to others of his where abouts. Just know if you get on his good side, then he'll help you."

With that the Pawniard nodded and looked over at the campfire, "We do have a bit of extra supplies we can share with you if you wish." He stated as Saul was already moving to the fire, muttering to himself while Zara followed right behind the Tyrogue, looking about warily.

Lashire's response made Zane a bit confused, but he nodded in agreement anyways. It wasn't often that the Gold Tribe had to get on someone's 'good side'. Usually, they were already there, and then some. They did have their reputation, after all. This made Zane wonder who this mystery Pokemon was, and what ties he had. The three of them seemed friendly enough, which might say something about their leader. At least, he hoped. Zane supposed he'd see. He headed to the others, and began to tell to those who haven't heard what the situation was now.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Online now
Ragnaros 'Bloodthirster' Phylax

"Do well not to underestimate any of Sentinels, brother. Even if in anger, as that is the worst form. Arrogance will bring you nowhere," Bloodthirster heard his voice and said nothing in response. He wasn't underestimating anyone. He was overestimating himself, although he wouldn't admit it. As for the arrogance, he had learned very well that you needed to be strong to survive, and to fully exert your power, you needed to overwhelm your opponent. But it didn't matter, really. All that mattered now was learning where these Pokemon came from and why they were running. Were they thieves that managed to get away from their forest, with their help? In that case, they used them, again. If so, Bloodthirster would immediately ask for permission to obliterate them. His agenda was full of 'kill thieves' entries.

"Sorry, Bloodthirster can be a bit forward sometimes. Are you three alright?" typical of Vigil to be polite, Bloodthirster thought, profoundly ignoring the comment on his attitude.

The Tyrogue glared back at him fearlessly. "Why should we, dragon? You aren't the boss of us!" He crossed his arms. "In fact, you're lucky that we didn't just try and fight you as well!"

Bloodthirster smirked his brows so much they joined together. He was not sure whether he should laugh or get angry at such statement. Either he was a fool or foolishly brave; the Eevee voiced something reasonable, earning the dragon's stare. "Uh... Saul... you shouldn't talk to him like that..." She uttered in a soft voice.

"Yeah, thanks for the help and all that stuff, blah blah blah, but we have to get going." He stated. "We have a deadline and such, plus there are others counting on us!"

The fighter readjusted his sack as he was truly ready to leave. The Pawniard behind the Tyrogue raised his hand. "Wait Saul." They turned to Vigil. "That Scizor... said you were Gold Tribe." He bowed his head for a moment, "Thank you. If you hadn't saved us we surely would have landed in the prisons they have." He gestured to himself, "I am Lashire, you have already met Saul, and the Eevee is Zara. A pleasure to finally meet the Gold Tribe. I had heard most of you were wiped out, but that there were still a few alive, fighting the Silver Tribe. I assume you are those survivors."

Zane nodded his head. "Yes, you're right. I'm Vigil, interim leader. This is Bloodthirster." Vigil gestured to the Ragnaros next to him, who briefly nodded. "It was our pleasure to help. But I have to ask...why were the Ancients chasing you to begin with? Where are you from?"

Zara spoke up at the question, "We are from Cape Ciy Mr. Vigil." She said softly. "We were getting supplies and scouting."

The Tyrogue gritted his teeth, "Zara! They didn't need to know that much!"

Instantly her ears flattened against her skull. "Oh... sorry." She croaked out. Just what was the beef of that Pokemon? They were the Gold Tribe, for Arceus' sake. If they weren't supposed to know confidential information by Pokemon on their side, who was?

"Cape City?" Vigil said. "You wouldn't happen to have seen a Golduck passing through around there recently have you? Or perhaps on the road here?"

At the word Golduck Zara perked up, but Saul quickly clamped her mouth shut as he smirked, "Golduck eh?" He chuckled. "Well, I COULD tell you what we have seen... how much does it mean to you?"

Lashire glared at Saul, "Enough Saul." He turned to Vigil, "Well, Cape City is home to many species. Refugees have been pouring in from all over, so if you are looking for a specific Golduck I wouldn't be able to help. Many of us don't go out into the city itself, only the very well trained scouts do. But, if you do need to find someone fast, I know of a guy who can help you. We work for him actually, he's trying to get the city freed form the Silver Tribe and I'm sure he could use some help on that front. He knows EVERYONE that goes in and out of Cape City. I'm sure if a Golduck walked in then he could pinpoint you to where he lives, what his name is, even if he made any friends in the city. He has informants everywhere you see so it wouldn't be that hard for him."

Once more Saul rolled his eyes, "Yes! Tell them everything Lash! Just give away everything!"

The Pawniard ignored his comrade, "If you want, we can lead you to him. It's in the tunnels, but in a very secret part. You did save our lives, so we owe you that much, and if you can help free the city that would be of even more benefit to us." He said with a nod.

So, there was somebody on Cape Town that had informants everywhere. That could be proven useful, for the peaceful Gold Tribe... as for Ragnaros himself, he'd rather march in the city and destroy the Ancient force. But to do that, they would need all the help they could get - either from this Cape Town King or whatever he was, or from a lost member of theirs... About Penance... that guy must've really flipped out. Guess life's been too hard on his brain... poor fool said he was gonna meet somebody, friend of his, at Cape Town. Just makes me wonder if it ever crossed Vigil's mind that that somebody might very well be a figment of Penance's damned imagination... he remembered the Golduck talking to a wall and he slightly felt himself pitying the Pokemon, although he didn't fully realize what pity was.

"Alright." Vigil said. "We can travel together to Cape City. And with your friends help, we can help free Cape City together, once we find the Golduck. Agreed?"

Lashire nodded, "Agreed. We can head out in the morning, my friends and I need to rest, that run was rather tiresome, but early morning is our best bet to get past the Ancients that guard the way. Any other information... I won't be able to give you. Sorry, but sometimes we do come across those that, in the past, tried to have our leader killed or get information to others of his whereabouts. Just know if you get on his good side, then he'll help you."

With that the Pawniard nodded and looked over at the campfire, "We do have a bit of extra supplies we can share with you if you wish." The Pokemon walked off, leaving Bloodthirster thinking of what they said.

"'Get on their good side'?!" he said, appalled. "I'll be damned if anybody doesn't trust us," he yelled, with a hint of sarcasm in his voice. He turned to Vigil. "Alright then, we compromise. This will have to take diplomacy or something, right?" the thought of Genevieve crossed his mind. She was definitely skilled at diplomacy. Then, another thought occurred to him, following the same tread... "Vigil," he spoke in a serious manner, "what if the Sentinels get to this guy first? If he's not yet on our side... he might be with theirs. These three," he spoke, glancing sideways at the three Pokemon, "could be spies. I doubt it, but it doesn't hurt considering everything, especially after the betrayal of those raticates," he jerked his head to the Thieves' Forest.

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Genevieve L'esprit & Vera
"Wait!" Said Vera as Genevieve tried to walk away from the Mess Hall. "I saw you enter Scar's room. I have no intention of passing judgement for whatever it is you did in there, but I wish to speak with you. Some matters we need to discuss." Vera leaned forward in her seat, and held out an arm towards the seat in front of her. "Please, take a seat."

Genevieve cursed under her breath as Vera beckoned for her across the expanse between them. So she had seen her? That was rather unfortunate. Perhaps she should kill her now, it would certainly make her feel better. She actually entertained the thought for more than a passing second, her mind frozen on the scheme. No, Sovereign would react poorly and he didn't need further mental instability. Really, none of them needed further mental instability. She would play it off, as if it was no big deal. Vera had no idea as to what her and Scar had been up to, not in the slightest.

"It matters not that you saw me enter Scar's chambers," Geneveive turned and answered her. The once regal and pompous tone of her voice had returned under her practiced care. Even if everything wasn't, she had to pretend like she was okay. "We were simply...conversing," she lied, as she drew nearer to the indicated seat. Their other extracurricular activities were not relevant to the little whelp. Unless Scar chose to out what had taken place, this secret would better die with her. Her eyes twitched as she glared at the Blaziken with unrestrained hatred. Holding her hands out in front of her, she gracefully seated herself and crossed her legs. A facade of stability and strength trying its best to mask her real state.

"Speak quickly, you know I do not enjoy talking with you."

"Conversing?" Vera laughed at this. "Genevieve, although we do not get along, I must admit to a mild amount of respect I have for you. I may disagree with your methods, but you are one of the few individuals in Auron's army with any real intellect. Normally you maintain yourself with much class. But what I saw in Scar's doorway was not class. What I saw was a creature of lust. You looked just like your title for the first time. But that is not why we're talking." Vera paused a moment. She had been thinking about what she would say to Genevieve for hours, yet somehow she didn't quite know where to start.

"Do you know why I'm here Genevieve? It's not for some cause that Auron seeks. Arceus knows I have no love of the Gold tribe, but I do not seek a vendetta. I would have been plenty satisfied to go on living my life in seclusion, away from this conflict. But, I joined you at Sovereign's request." Vera looked down at the table. Her hands were scarred from battle, something she never expected before. "I am here, because Sovereign is unstable. You have probably already noticed this. I don't know what happened between you two in Silver City, but you certainly seemed relieved when we were leaving."

She now focused her eyes on Genevieve, making eye contact, a fierce look upon her face. "I don't know for sure what you were doing in Scar's room, but I do know this. Sovereign has lived a life of hardship, without the love of his own mother. I think that's what he sees in you. A love he never had. It's unfortunate he can't see how fake it really is. It would crush him if he found out what you and Scar were doing."

"Mark my words Genevieve, if you hurt him, the last sensation you will feel is the grip of my hands wrapped around your neck."

"Are you threatening me?" Genevieve rose from her seat and planted her hands firmly on the table in front of her. The response was a bit more harsh than would normally have been solicited from her. Her instability still had her a bit on edge it seemed. "Do you dare forget who I am, you useless piece of refuse?" Genevieve's eyes began to glow, a sure indication of her mounting indignation and build up of psychic power. She threw the table away that separated them and lifted Vera into the air on a whim. "Your type never learns," she spat right in the other woman's face, there eyes separated by mere inches.

"What transpired between Scar and myself is nobody's business but our own. I urge you to reconsider what it is you saw, before I take a more permanent solution to the problem." The threat was obvious, she tried very little to actually mask what she had meant. A permanent solution to Vera was death and she could deal with the consequences that brought later. Sovereign would not look favorably upon such a solution, but he needed to be dealt with all the same. The lot of them, all could be disposed of, one by one.

"I will not have you belittle me like one of those mindless ancients. You are here for Arceus knows what reason." She dropped Vera and let her get her own footing again. "You may have a mild amount of respect for me, but I assure you, I harbor no such feelings for you. If you cross me again, I will bring a fiery hell down on you so hot, you will wish for my more 'permanent' solution. This, I promise you." She turned from her and started walking towards the exit once more.

"We will not speak of this again."

"Hehehehe," Vera weakly laughed. "Maybe I'm not a threat to you after all. But then again, I'm not really the one you should be worried about. I can only imagine what he'd do if you broke his heart like that. I'm sure you saw it in his eyes. That darkness inside of him. I take back what I said, my hands won't be the last thing you feel. His are." Vera, feeling she had made her point, began to collect the debris of the table, and tidied up the mess that Genevieve had made. It would raise too many questions if such a mess were left out in the open.

Vera had never found herself at odds with a Sentinel before, as she had always been on the same side. It was not something she wished to repeat, and decided that perhaps it would be best to let Genevieve make whatever mistakes she wanted.​

Years
  • Seen today

Accatosh woke with a sudden jurk, he looked around for a moment in slight alarm then settled down as he saw that he was back at camp. he looked over and saw the three pokemon they had just saved sitting around the fire, resting. While Vigil and the other Salamence were talking about something or other. How long have I been out? he asked, I haven't had that much strain on my body in a long time, I haven't been in a fight like that in a while... since Gold City. he shifted his weight a little to get more comfortable. he grunted, "so... what'd I miss, How long was I out?" he asked Vigil.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
The Swift slumped to his knees in exhaustion. He had been running for hours and fought a battle with a horde of Ancients. He hadn't even discovered anything useful during his scouting mission! The only good part of the day was the new information that the Gold Tribe acquired from the smaller pokemon. Jirmonji helped gather the bodies with Bane, but quickly left when it was time for the burning. Scizors tended to not like fire. It was there weakness, and they have very few in terms of those, including vanity.

He made his way back to camp and nodded to the gathered members of the Gold Tribe. "I shall retire. Wake me upon the morrow." The Swift found his place far from the fire and layed down. I shall not dream pleasantly tonight. He never did after battles. The fall of Gold City had seen to that. "Damned Auron." He muttered under his breath. Moments later he was fast asleep.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Plains of Valkaria

Bloodthirster had a point. These Pokemon came from nowhere. They probably weren't apart of the Alpha Alliance either. Which made their tie to the Silver Tribe highly likely. Zane was also on edge after the debacle with the Thieves.

"I realize how you feel." Zane responded to Bloodthirster's comments. "And I agree, we have to be wary. But to not trust anyone based on the acts of those with past bad blood between us is folly. Many hate the Silver Tribe, and this guy probably is one of them. Besides, we need to find Defender, and they said he could help us free Cape City. Isn't that worth the risk?" He asked him, crossing his arms. He sighed, as Blitzkrieg began stirring from his unconscious state next to him.

"Not long." Zane said, responding to the newcomer's question. He filled him in on the current plan, before getting back to Bloodthirster. "If it comes to the point that we have to fight our way out, or anything of the manner, we'll manage. This time, we'll be prepared. We're the Gold Tribe, after all. Right?"

As the Swift passed them on the way to bed, Zane nodded in silent compliance, remembering how late it actually was. "We should all probably be heading to sleep. We've got a long day ahead of us. I'll take the first watch." He decided, seeing as they all were probably tired from the fight anyways, and he didn't feel he should bother the newcomers with the watch yet. Slowly, the others in the Gold Tribe began to retire. Some stayed up for a little longer while others decided to go to sleep. Zane sat silently by himself for a while as he kept watch, the cool wind of the night sky reminding him to keep his eyelids open. He sat, staring off into the distance of the direction of Cape City, thinking on many things. As the Swift prepared to sleep, he heard him mutter something under his breath. "Damned Auron." He said, before drifting off. Zane stared at the Swift for a while as he slept, his words inside of his mind, flowing through. Zane supposed they were good final words to say before a drift to sleep, a curse of your enemies, in this case the enemy. In times of war, Zane figured that this would be the equivalent of a "Good night." It might as well be. He shrugged, thinking to himself that he would probably do the same as he would go to sleep as well. A slight smile crept onto his face by this, followed by a pondering question.

He wondered if Auron should be the real target of their curses. He was the face of the enemy now, the wielder of the Silver Crystal, the one who must be defeated if all of this were to end. But he was not the source of evil. The Silver Crystal was. But could he really curse the Crystal as he would go to sleep? It was just an object, no face behind it. Then what about the Dark being inside? Zane had no idea what in fact it looked like. Could he put that face to Noctus? Noctus, who helped them earlier, only to disappear now and is believed to possibly have been the one to start this all?

"Hey." the deep, grumbling voice of Gallant said as he placed an arm on Zane's shoulder. Zane looked at him, snapping out of his deep trance-like daydream. Apparently, a lot of time had passed as he was in this state. "Your shifts over. Why don't you go get some sleep, Vigil? I'll take over for you."

Zane stared into the face of Gallant for a moment before nodded and heading over to his supplies, laying out his mat he carried with him and resting his head upon it, closing his eyes. As he closed them, he tried to paint a picture of the face he should curse, the one who was the source of all this, but couldn't picture it. Instead, flashes of Dark Lightning and Calamity were in his mind. Destruction in Liberty Town, the Ruins of Poseida, the damage done in Albia. Those were the pictures that haunted his mind. The constant faces of the ones that were lost, or those who had stayed behind to mourn them flashed in his mind. That was the face of what he cursed.

"Damned war." He said to himself, slowly drifting off into sleep.

Years
  • Seen today

"Not long." Vigil said, responding to the Accatosh's question. Vigil filled Accatosh in on the current plan, before getting back to the other Salamence. "If it comes to the point that we have to fight our way out, or anything of the manner, we'll manage. This time, we'll be prepared. We're the Gold Tribe, after all. Right?"
"We should all probably be heading to sleep. We've got a long day ahead of us. I'll take the first watch." Vigil decided

"very well then," Accatosh said curling up, "Sleep well friends and siblings..." he yawned as he lowered his head and let sleep take his eyes, he kept his ears somewhat open, ready in case something happened in the night. he dreamed of cape city in all it's glory in the older days... the days far before the Invasion.

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Hanso SharpEye
~~~~~
Hanso was silent as they gathered the dead Ancients and piled them up to burn. It wasn't a short task to be brushed aside, considering the dead weight of the Ancients. As they finished their task, Zane came around and told the rest of the Gold Tribe what he had learned from his conversation with the three Pokemon. Apparently, the three - Saul, Lashire, and Zara - were from Cape City. They'd been out getting supplies and scouting, and there was a powerful figure in Cape City who knew about the comings and goings of refugees.

There will be a pokemon there who knows all about Cape City. That had been in the letter that Penance had left behind. Hanso stood and watched the burning Ancients for a few minutes, thinking. He hadn't really considered it before, but could Penance have been out of his mind with leaving for Cape City, or only imagined this Pokemon? Hanso shook his head. No, he was sure Penance was in his normal state of mind at the time. Would a crazy Penance have left the letter? Or contacted the Gallade and spoken normally? For that matter, during their brief mental exchange, the Golduck's mind had seemed normal.

He knows what he's doing. It was just a matter of what Penance was doing... Hanso gave a brief nod to Bane and the others who had helped pile Ancients, then turned back to the campsite. He took the time to wipe off his hands and arms, then ate a short meal, drawn from the food he'd packed. From the looks of it, Zane would be taking the first watch of the night. Hanso checked on his outer sensors, then mentally placed another set right around the campsite. So the three claimed to be Cape City...scouts, they might be called. Hanso hadn't been around for the conversation itself, so he hadn't been able to gauge their words and actions.

Whether they really were part of Cape City's network - what else could it be? - or were Silver Tribe spies, or maybe even... Hanso had enough doubt in his mind to keep his sensors out, though it would be harder to detect Pokemon that flew overhead or burrowed underground. The sensors were at ground level, after all. Hanso lied down on his sleeping mat, staring up at the stars before drifting to sleep.

~~~

"So...what? You're paranoid, now?"

That didn't take long. He glared at his mirror-image as he replied, "Why would I be paranoid? They don't know anything about my plans."

"Oh, yeah, sure, so why'd you set up those sensors? Hm?" The mirror-image folded its arms. "Afraid that they're spies? Or that maybe they'll try to steal everything and leave in the dead of night?"

"Like that'll happen. They're not big enough for tha--"

"And may I remind you of what you've done? She went right ahead and told the other Sentinels, from the sounds of it, even told Auron. Nice how it worked out that his orders kept Sentry from beating all of you to a pulp."

He threw a punch at its face, but the mirror-image dissolved into nothingness, leaving him alone in the room. It was a shade of the white room that the Golduck had set him to learn to empty. At the moment, though, there were a few images swirling around like mist, images of the past few months. The only thoughts that stuck for more than a fleeting moment were of his time in the torturehouse...the poisonous injury he'd gotten from Ignitus...Roswell's betrayal, and Dark Lightning's face...Calamity as well, for that matter...Sovereign charged straight at him, reaching out to slam his prey's head into the ground--

He blasted the mirage-Tyranitar with thrown Psycho Cuts. It disappeared, but the feelings surrounding that event swirled around him. He would return the favor, that was for sure. Yes, such a thing would help the Gold Tribe, but even if they and the Alpha Alliance passed from existence, he would return the favor. Then thoughts of her intruded...she'd broken into his network, but that was nothing, compared to his confused feelings about the Gardevoir. He shouldn't be thinking of her as anything except a Sentinel, an enemy. The few images around him began reflecting their conversation, then their meeting.

Perhaps it was that that made him feel worse, rather than that seed of revenge, which was rather ridiculous. Worse than that was the guilt that came from conversing with the enemy, from what he'd told her of their movements, from what he felt--

Hanso awoke with a start, though he was sure he hadn't uttered a word or cry. It was the dark of pre-dawn, with hardly any light at all. At least he'd been able to hide much of what he'd thought during his meeting with Genevieve. So he thought. She better hold her part of the deal, and teach me what I need to learn...

Last edited:

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Snype

Snype could hardly hold his excitement in of finally being independent from the rest of the thieves and at last one among the Silver Tribe. The King of Thieves was dead... all of the thieves were dead. Snype was begining to wonder if he was the only one alive at this point? If that were the case then he could start a whole new line of thieves once the Silver Tribe was finished with the Gold Tribe and be his own King. Just a little day dream to have but for now, he had to be loyal and make a good impression to his superiors. He worked hard to make it to Sentinel status and despite being a complete loony, he wasn't going to mess that up. It was rather late, so the most he could do for now was at least get Acquainted with his comrades.

Snype was walking by the Mess hall when he suddenly heard a loud crash! He could hear somebody yelling from inside. "Do you dare forget who I am, you useless piece of refuse?" Snype heard. Peeking inside he noticed two Women arguing about something. Whatever the case, that Gardevoir was angry! Snype wished he knew why though, he always loved hearing secrets! He continued to listen in until the Gardevoir left. Snype quickly climbed up onto the wall and clung onto the ceiling with his sharp claws.

All Snype managed to hear was something about Scar and Sovereign. He wasn't familiar with the names at all so he honestly had no idea what to think but perhaps there were important figures. Either way, it looked like this Gardevoir was involved in quite alot! Already he had learned some details about one of his Comrades but not enough! Snype thought about getting to know somebody from the Silver Tribe but perhaps this Gardevoir wanted to be left alone... maybe it'd be good to let her have some time to herself...

"..."

Snype didn't hesitate to follow her. If she got irritated by Snype's presence then that just made it more fun! Besides, he had a natural immunity to physic abilities so he could avoid the worst she could do. Snype smiled down at her giving a large bright grin.

"You look like you've been having a bad day." Snype said. A little Sableye wearing a backpack would be creeping right above her.

Claire*

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Genevieve L'esprit
A voice. A voice from above, like that of Arceus, but more in the guise of a demon. A smooth, lacquered tone that eased into her ears. Genevieve's steps froze in an instant. She had been so preoccupied with that sad excuse of a Blaziken, she had failed to sense the presence of another. Quickly spinning on her heels, she surveyed the area for who it might have been. If she didn't sense somebody, were they real? Surely it wasn't another voice that only existed in her head. She could not afford those voices to return, those nagging reminders of self doubt. Not now, not now.

Maybe the voice was indeed hers. It hadn't said anything that she didn't already know to be true. It was indeed a bad day and it kept growing increasingly worse. But she would not let that be the case. She could not afford to lose herself in these thoughts. That was what lead her down this path. That was what caused her to give in to her animal instincts and lose herself to that pig, Scar. He was probably still asleep in his bed, a smug smile plastered on his face from his night time rendezvous with her. But, that was not the issue at hand, however, she could not dwell on it. Where did this voice issue from? The dark of night cast the hall in shadow, her eyes searching for any semblance of other life.

"Show yourself!" She barked into the darkness, her voice carrying off into a haunting echo down the far side. "You do not know with who you contest. I assure you, the best thing I can give you is a swift death." Running her gaze across the well worn roof, she finally spied what might have been the voice's origin. It wasn't much, but it was a wide, toothy grin and what seemed to be a radiant pair of gem-like eyes. The rest of the creature was cast in darkness, an impenetrable shroud that caused definition to elude her. "Got you," she whispered in an almost inaudible tone.

Genevieve closed her eyes for but a second, her hands crackling with the vivacity and heat of electricity. She had no intention of hitting her interloper, simply to scatter him like the hidden roach that he was. As much as she would love to follow up her threat to end his existence, she knew you never kill without first getting answers. The build up of her thunderbolt continued to mount, the jolts licking the tips of her fingers in a ticklish caress. Opening her eyes, she unleashed the bolt right near the source of the voice, the result of the attack leaving a smoking crater where a ceiling tile should have been.

"You will come down and face me, or so help me, I will not miss again."​

Megaman765

Years
Snype was getting alot of joy watching the girl look around for the source of his voice. It amused him more that her actions answered his question. They do say that actions speak louder then words after all. As expected, the upset Gardevoir attacked Snype. His eyes gave off a bright glow as he used detect to properly avoid her jolt of electricity with ease, as if he had telegraphed her move. Detect was one of his biggest life savers. He quickly jumped down onto the ground on all fours and looked up at her with a large creeping smile. Snype got up onto his two feet and brushed himself off.

"Kehehe, well that certainly answered my question! Do you blast every Pokemon that looks at you the wrong way? Because if you do, I want in on some of that action! Kehehe..." Snype said, still keeping a large grin on his face while crossing his arms and observing her.

"Hm... well you certainly don't seem as mindless as the ancients... I'm guessing your one of the Sentinels then? Oh my, have I picked the wrong lady to stalk tonight! Oh woe is me! This Sableye's days are numbered to a measly decimal!" He joked, giving off a playful snicker. Snype was enjoying himself already. A fine start.

Claire*

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Genevieve L'esprit
A Sableye, no wonder she had such difficulty detecting him before. His kind was notorious for their abilities to blend in with the background and simply disappear. He had landed near her with agility that she did not know his type possessed. His type... resistant to much of what she could do to him, just like Sovereign. What was this little creature's reason for being here? Did he not know who she was? He had to guess at her being a Sentinel, that itself was an insult to her station.

"Oh, you want some action?" She smiled at him in her most seductive way, her hips moving in an over the top provocative manner, as she stepped in front of him and knelt to his level. "I can blast you alright, but I'm thinking it might be more fun to squish the insect." Genevieve giggled and ran a hand up to his face, her face becoming more and more stern by the second. Her eyes glowed in that insidious way they did when she used her psychic abilities. But her power wasn't focused on him, rather, something down the hall. Silently, she levitated a grand statue of Auron towards them both. A carving of monumental weight and prominence. It would do the job nicely.

Quickly stepping away from the intruder, she glared at him anew, hatred and all the days pent up aggression focused on him. He picked a very bad time to cross her. It would be the last mistake he ever made were he not careful. The statue faltered under her mental grasp before she quickly regained composure. It was heavy, but she could not let it drop without purpose.

"You will tell me your purpose and your name, or the previous words you uttered will be your last. I suggest you speak quickly." A bead of sweat ran down her face as she kept her focus simultaneously split on both him and the mammoth statue. Her legs quaked as she shifted her stance and reaffirmed her threat.

Megaman765

Years
Snype kept a large smile the whole way through. The way she was attempting to seduce him and as he watched her lift a giant statue of Auron using her own Psychic abilities. Oh what fun! She didn't even know who he was and already she was ready to squash him! He kept standing straight up and looked up at the statue above him. He simply stood there, noticing that she was struggling a bit to keep hold of the statue. Her legs gave it away. He snickered again.

"Kehehe. Yup. You sound like you just hit twelve. Where should I start..." Snype stood as if he were saluting her. "Name and Rank, Snype! Newest recruited Sentinel! Ex-Thief! Purpose, spread a little bit of chaos and get to know everyone. Kekeke..." Snype said with a large grin. He didn't move away from the statue at all. He just continued giving off a maniacal smile. "And so far you are making quite a good first impression! Are there more folks here like you? Kekeke...!" He added, not moving from his spot and winking at her.

"Your Genevieve right? I've heard about a few of you before, but I just got a feeling that I'm right! The way you move and your abilities, sounds pretty accurate." Snype said, smirking. Her charms wouldn't work on him. He had an item in his backpack meant to make that sort of thing backfire. Something like Attract would work on him sure, but it would end up affecting the user as well.

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Plains of Valkaria

Alright, everyone. This is it, a voice echoed in his mind. Zane saw nothing. Nothing but darkness. The voice sounded familiar. He believed he heard it in a dream before.

Be on your guard. Stay close to the Gold Crystal. So you won't fall under the Silver's influence. The vision slowly came into focus. There were figured. Figured in a…city. The city was burnt, damaged. Zane couldn't recognize it. The vision focused more, showing a group of Pokemon outside of the door to some larger, gray building, broken and ruined, but still standing. Bombardments of attacks passed overhead. Zane's vision focused onto the Pokemon in front. He recognized them from a dream he had before. "Kaiser" Kent Reed, the Gold Tribe leader from 100 years ago was among them, as was Burstborn, and others. Others he had heard about and seen before. It must have been a continuation of the dream from before.

Remember. Kent told the others. Chaos forms shouldn't be activated if the Gold Crystal is close by. Neither should illusions. It's a straight shot to him.

It's Bellator. An Absol told the Zangoose leader. Kent looked back at the Absol with solemn eyes, reflecting the mood of them all.

That's not Bellator anymore, Silver. He's long gone. Bellator would have wanted to sacrifice himself. He wouldn't have wanted this to continue. We have to end this. We have to end this now.

The Absol silently stood beside the Zangoose leader, all of them with dropped heads and heavy hearts. Zane connected the dots. This was the same situation. Bellator must have been the wielder of the crystal last time this had occurred. Zane watched as the scene unfolded, the Gold Tribe charging into the building, one by one as their faces were marked with contrasting signs of both resolve and sorrow. All left into the building, except Kent Reed, who stood outside for a moment longer.

Sacrifice. Kent repeated to himself, as if he mulled the words over in his head. Then, in a bizarre twist, he turned to Zane, his eyes fixated on him. He repeated to him words he had heard in dreams prior.

Sacrifice is part of being in the Gold Tribe. Sacrifice of your name, your attachments, and ultimately even yourself. Everyone in the Gold Tribe has to be willing to do this. The question is, Zane: are you?

"Zane." A voice said, and with it an arm shook him. Zane popped his eyes open, the cracks of the sun slowly showing itself above the peaks of the Korhal Mountain. He looked around at the Thieves Forest, at the other Gold Tribe members rousing themselves, and then at his waker, The Keeper. He was smiling down to him as Zane rose himself up onto his backside, then picked himself onto his feet, patting away any strands of grass on his body. The others began to rise themselves as well, those that were already awake rose those still in their sleep.

"Have a good sleep?" The Keeper asked him, still maintaining that smile on his face.

"More or less…" Zane responded, eyeing the group as they prepared themselves to depart. He gave them all some time to eat and pack up before they'd be off again. Time wasn't with them.

***​

Cape City

By the time he had reached Cape City, night was almost gone, and daybreak was just around the corner. Sentry ignored the dispersion of the Ancients he commanded and headed straight to the Stoneguard, where the other Sentinels were staying. If he counted correctly, now that he had arrived, and counting the new addition Auron had just added, six Sentinels now resided there. Though he wouldn't be around for long. He preferred the company on no one but himself usually. It wasn't to say that he despised the other Sentinels, but more that he had no opinion of them to begin with. They were the same to him as an Ancient: a tool for the Silver Tribe to use as they saw fit. Besides, Sentry knew his strengths and teamwork certainly wasn't one of them. All he had to do was notify the other of the new addition, the Sabeleye known as Snype, and be on his way. He hoped none of them would be awake, so that he could merely leave a note for them to read, and be done with it. But as he heard the raised voices originating from the mess hall, he knew it wasn't meant to be.

Sentry sighed and proceeded there, immediately seeing Genevieve and Snype in the middle of a…'discussion'. "Oh. Good. The two of you have met. Genevieve, this is Snype. Our newest Sentinel. Snype, this is Genevieve. I'm sure the two of you will enjoy working together…and so on and so forth. Do tell the others, will you? I should be goi-"

"What's all this then?" Another voice came from the opposite entrance to the room, the slight echo of it reaching down the hallway as it reached Sentry's ears. He let a deep sigh escape from his mouth, looking over to see the floating Castform of the Sentinels. Cedric "Deluge" Ceffyl. "Did the Sentinels decide to have a meeting and not invite me? I find that rather rude."

"Genevieve. Sentry." It's been far too long. Has the war kept you busy?" The floating Pokemon then turned his form to the newcomer, an odd look on his face. "And who might you be? Not someone I know. Of that I am certain. I never forget a face."

Years
  • Seen today

Accatosh slowly awoke, feeling revived and ready to go. He stood up yawned his good morning to the sky before shaking his head to get rid of the sleepiness. "Good morning friends and siblings," he called out, his mood was clearly cheerful. he took a couple of apples from his neck bag and ate them. A light breakfast yes, but all the more nutritious. he stood up and stretched out his limbs, starting with his legs, then neck, back, tail and finally his wings. ready to go, he simply stood ready, scanning the surrounding area for a few moments. When he decided that they were safe and there was no approaching threat, he glanced over to the three young ones, and gently awoke them from their slumber. "wake up young ones… it's morning, we'll have to leave soon," he said in a calm, gentle but firm voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back