• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

This internet browser is better than the other!

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I currently use Firefox; I tested a majority plus one sorta unknown browser to different tests, and Firefox came out on top overall. The unknown one I've took a liking to, is called Comodo Dragon. It's based from Chromium, and seems to be more secure and performs better than Chrome, but that's just my opinion. I use it on my small computer.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
I use google chrome for pretty much everything I use. Plus all my accounts are saved on this browser. I use firefox to play flash games and blah.

Years
This one's gonna be somewhat interesting, but here goes.. on my tablet I have both the default Chrome browser installed and Firefox too. The only reason I have the Firefox browser is because it supports Flash player, and whenever I need to view flash player content and I'm not at my computer, Firefox for Android comes in handy.

Lunarose

replaced by lies
Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2020
Google Chrome is the easiest for me, compared to Internet Explorer or Firefox the design of the browser is simple and easy.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
I used to use IE like everyone at one point until I learned that it was bad in more ways than one. So I switched to Firefox once I got my own laptop (about 5 years ago). Which was fine until a year later and my laptop kept lagging and being really slow. So I was on the lookout for a faster browser. I tried Safari (which, may I mention, is like, the slowest browser ever when it's not on Macs), Opera and lastly Google Chrome. I was so impressed with how smooth Chrome was and how lightweight it was. It didn't have any nasty toolbars at the top, had adblocker..bingo!

Now even til this day I use Chrome and I definitely would recommend it to anyone.

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
I use Opera 12. I love the Presto engine and the sidebar. Unfortunately the new Opera is basically a Chrome copy so I haven't updated to that. I guess I'll just use Opera 12 until it becomes impossible to use anymore.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
I use Opera. I just love it more, everythings nice. Turbo for faster connections on a slow network. Built in pdf, irc, ect. I dont know. I just like it :P Though the sometime crashes and internet connections are annoying.

I usually have trouble with chrome, plus it dosent look good to me. On android I use chrome though, thats good.

IE is usuable.

blue

gucci
Years
Google Chrome seems to be the top dawg, I always accidently click the Internet Explorer Icon which takes foreveeeeer to open.

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
Years
Wow, you people are so boring, as you all use Chrome, Firefox, IE, and any other mainstream Browsers.
I'm using ELinks.
Warning: Huge Screenshot.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
I prefer Firefox 3.6 but I lost it.

Now I use updated Firefox on this laptop and updated Chrome on the other.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I always use the latest version of Firefox, which it's currently version 24.0. Firefox is open source, customizable and pretty much anyone can contribute to the source code. ^^

I have Google Chrome set as default on Windows 8 to use from the Start Screen, but I use Firefox most of the time.

Razgriz

Acetaminophen
Years
I'm using Opera but I used to get along with Chrome :( Until it failed me and now I got used to Opera and I'm too lazy to change back to Chrome xD
Opera is really fast though and it gets the job done :) I am considering changing to firefox though...

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I used to use Firefox but that changed when I discovered about Lunascape 6 and Opera. Just discovered that Lunascape can render the page in different engines(Trident and Gecko) and Opera is very fast right now. :D

Last edited:
Years
Google Chrome it is :D
Haha just because IE has always been bothersome and firefox has always been slow.
IE just random closes on me way too much and firefox cant seem to handle flash very well.
Also does Chrome see to support the most things when it comes to webdesign and coding. IE fails on too many subjects and Firefox seems to display them in it's wicked ways xD

Chrome seems to be doing just fine for the time being :D

FireOfExile

2363-5961-4897 (3DS)
Years
Chrome, because everything is Chrome in the future.

Spoiler:

My school uses Internet Explorer. The other day one of my classes was in the computer lab. After everybody left (except the teacher) I quickly ran around the room and typed in "WE WANT GOOGLE CHROME" as the username.

Let's hope they listened when I get back to school tomorrow :)

Years
I use Firefox. Part of the reason is that I don't like Google (the company) much anymore and made a big effort to switch from their products that I could last year, and the other part of it is that I like being able to use about:config to customize just about anything I'd want to.

It also does exactly what I need with the fewest extensions or add-ons, which is a nice bonus.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I use Chrome. It's just much more neat and the placement of buttons and stuff makes more sense to me than Firefox's. Also when I switched from Firefox to Chrome (albeit long time ago) the increase in load speed was tremendous.

Haven't touched Internet Explorer since my father's old Windows 98 computer :] I just remember it always wanted to install all these annoying extrabars.

Years
So what browsers do y'all use on your mobile devices? On my iPod Touch 4G I use the default Safari browser, even though I have Google Chrome for iOS installed.. and on my Nexus 7 tablet I use the default Chrome browser, though I wish the AOSP browser for Android worked for it ;;

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
On mobile devices, I usually prefer more of Opera Mini because it saves much of my money due to compressed data, even though sometimes I have to rely on Opera Mobile because it handles the Javascripts better.

Back