• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FIRST GvS SCREENS!!!

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
How many layers are you allowed to have?
2 but i can change that to 4 in like 20 seconds if u need 4 layers.

I don't like the screens very much, neither the quality of the shot, but that won't affect the game itself, will it?
The quality is bad because i saved it as a jpg lol so no it wont effect the gamov(game movie) its self

As for the quality I think it was zoomed 2x and that's why it looks crap, when you put it back to original size it will look as in the game
No that is fullsize 32x32 sized tiles only and the reason it looks crap is because its a jpeg file saved at low quality to naturally the quality of the graphics is lost when i play the gammov on my computer its crystal clear and looks just like the pokemon games.

This looks interesting. I'll keep a watch on this.
And you should there will be many updates and Gammov's relesed by all kinds of people keep in mind that the use of custom resources such as Tilesets, SpriteSheets and Facesets will allow the use of non Pokemon Graphics so people can make other GamMovs not based on Pokemon.

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
nice, humz, 4 layers should be enough unless you really want to make some really good special effects or smth, you should add an option for the user to add as many layers as needed (if possible) :D

question: are you allowed to choose the tiles where you want a reflection effect (for the water)?

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
well the more layers there is the bigger each map file is and im trying to make all the files as small as possibal because we dont want movies that people on 56k's cant download. i shall make 4 layers

As for reflections i will not be hardcoding things like that as there is really no point in doing that being that i have programed in a scripting language anything like that can be programed in by the users things that the user can program in include
-reflections
-special effects ( i shall make a few basic ones but u can make advanced ones )
-Custom OSD ( On Screen Display) like Health Bars ect
-basically there is no limet to what u can have if you wanted you could write a script to sync up a sound when something happens so anything u think off u can make its a dynamic language.

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
what script programming language is it? smth like Ruby or JavaScript or is it one that you made yourself?
As for the layers o_o there's still people with 54k? :o, 'nyways you can add the feature of adding as many layers as desired when you manage to render avi files because then they will all be saved as one image instead of 4 different :)

If I want to add scripting stuff like reflections, etc. can I make them and send them back to you so that if you like them you can include them on a future release or smth? :D

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
I made the programing language my self i call it GvSBasic its extreamly simple my 10 year old cusin can use it lol
Because of conflicting technical reasons with the map file
when the website is made there will be a forum for peoples scripts u can upload your scripts there

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
Here is a list of the commands which can be put in use with the Script Language

-LoadMap,MapName
-CreateChar,Index,Name,X,Y,Visable,ImageName,ImageIndex
-MoveChar,Name,Direction
-Wait,Miliseconds
-PlayMovie,FileName3
-LoadTileset,BmpName
-PlayBGM,background.(mid,mp3,wav)
-PlaySFX,background.(mid,mp3,wav)
-StopBGM
-StopSFX
-ChangeCharImage,Name,ImageName

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
OH lol yes it works fine on AMD :P i use amd :P amd +3600 :P

Oh btw in about 3 to 4 mins i will be relesing a demo gammov for you to see it lasts for like hrmm 50 seconds :P its a story about ash walking down a path getting abducted by alien's includeds sounds and faces even the narrator from the series XD

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
Okay here are the instructions to watch the first GamMov

Run Gold Vs Silver - Player.exe
it will tell you to load the Main.GSP file press OK
then a Open Dialog will show up
navagate to the Episodes\Epp01 - Ash Abduction folder select the Main file and press open volla watch the 50 second GamMov

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
-,- ok hold on ill make a full relese including .dll files .ocx files and all

Make sure u have
windows media player 9 or greater installed

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
Grats on the new computer mate
just to let you know im on a 56k so im waiting 10mins for it 2 upload :P wont be to much longer tho ill post when its done come back in 15 mins

also im looking for 1 persson to write pokemon storys of about 1 half an a4 page size for me to animate and relese as Ryan & Whomever's Pokeyourmom series that will be relesed on the official website if your any good at writing pokemon story's please PM me with some work youve done

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
you can change the way they work they are only choppy because i was in a rush to make the movie and put wait,200 before the guy moves :P which means each step he takes he waits 200 miliseconds b4 he takes another :P if u remove that its total smooth walking

Back