• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Years
Now, throughout all of this, I'm still 100% straight, and had never once thought about being gay or bi myself.

This progression just continued until I eventually found myself noticing guys here and there. And it wasn't until I met a friend online, when I was planning to go to anime expo last summer, that I truly felt something for a guy. I found myself wishing I could ask him out, but I was still straight in my mind. A couple months and a lot of confusion later, I started posting in this thread, and here I am now.

I know this was kind of long and pointless, but since no one seems to believe me, I want to explain as well as possible. Plus, I kind of feel like some of you don't want to accept that others did choose/change because it undermines your own belief of what a sexuality is… and this may sound really weird to you, but I don't even really think there is such thing as a sexuality. It's just a label we made up to understand it better. Your sexuality is really more of a wibbly-wobbly sexy-wexy ball of... stuff, that is never set in stone, until you set it there yourself. Which is why I think all three ways of 'obtaining'(couldn't think of a better word lol) your sexuality are possibilities.

(This seriously took me like 2 hours to type by the way... and I kind of want to take out that last bit... but I can't bring myself to delete the Doctor Who reference. lol)
Glad you didn't remove the reference. And I believe you. If you say you were straight before and not now then who am I to disagree? It's your life, your experience. I don't think that if someone were "acting" straight before coming out as gay that they were necessarily acting. Some might have been, but some might not have been. I think we should respect someone's sexuality and not say "Well, you weren't really straight then. You were just confused." And even then, if someone did happen to be confused I think that can be valid, too. No need to call someone out for not being "genuine" or anything.

oh, something happened at school today. Let me vent.

I was considering coming out to my group of friends over the past week, and I was going to finally do it, but I didn't. The first lesson of the day was English, and we had to make a movie. I was the only person man enough to play the Crazy Pidgeon Lady, and the girls covered me in makeup. Like, tons. I don't know what it was, but I looked like a hot drag queen.

Anyways, we didn't even film, but I washed off the makeup before recess and sat at the group. Of course, they heard, and one of my close friends said, "so, are you officially gay now, Adrian?"
It was not a question, but an insult. And considering she had a secret homosexual relationship I really don't see how she can have any right to say that. I just laughed, but one of my friends was sitting next to me, and I had already came out to them. Lucky they didn't say anything, but yeah.

And during English I found out that gay men can't donate blood. My teacher was shocked, but some kid snorted and replied "Good." Luckily my teacher is an awesome open-minded individual and put him in his place. But then it made me rethink all of this, because frankly being gay and wearing makeup for a play is the equivalent to painting a bullseye on my back.
It sounds like you might have a bullseye already there if people know you wore makeup. Do you think things would change if you came out?

Also, gay men can't donate blood? 0__0 But...but...;__;
I think, technically, in the US at least, it's only a ban on "men who have had sexual intercourse with another man." But of course I wouldn't expect the people at the blood donation tents to make that distinction since they wouldn't want to risk their jobs by collecting the ~gay~ blood even if it happened to be virgin gay blood.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
I personally think this would have been a perfect opportunity to come out. Not only was it an opening to the subject, but it would have also shocked them and shut them right up. It could have been a glorious moment lol.
I agree with this. That's actually exactly the kind of thing I would do, haha.

But of course I wouldn't expect the people at the blood donation tents to make that distinction since they wouldn't want to risk their jobs by collecting the ~gay~ blood even if it happened to be virgin gay blood.
Yeah, that's how I ended up catching it. They need better regulations on that stuff.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
But of course I wouldn't expect the people at the blood donation tents to make that distinction since they wouldn't want to risk their jobs by collecting the ~gay~ blood even if it happened to be virgin gay blood.

You know you can get schizophrenia and Multiple Personality Disorder through gay blood, too? Their blood starts talking to you and telling you to go out to pick up men and everything. Then your straight-arrow blood starts getting homophobic on the gay blood and kills it like it's a disease.

Whoops! Need another transfusion!

You know, with this logic, it's shocking they haven't come to the conclusion that a gay man's blood increases a straight woman's libido.

Also, gay men can't donate blood? 0__0 But...but...;__;

As Scarf said, in the US and some other places (specifically Australia, Japan and Sweden), gay men can only donate blood if they haven't had sex with another man in at least a year. As of November 7th this year, England, Scotland and Wales will have the same restrictions.

I'll just take a nice quote from the BBC report regarding the latter 3 countries.

The gay rights group Stonewall said the move was a "step in the right direction".

However, its chief executive Ben Summerskill said there would still be tighter controls on low-risk gay men than on high-risk heterosexuals.

"A gay man in a monogamous relationship who has only had oral sex will still automatically be unable to give blood but a heterosexual man who has had multiple partners and not worn a condom will not be questioned about his behaviour, or even then, excluded."
This doesn't exactly seem like it's going in the "right direction" here, since anyone managing blood donation appears to trust disease-ridden heterosexuals over clean homosexuals (no offense to the clean heterosexuals, of course).

Reddit

Indubitably.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Nov 14, 2011
I didn't actually say that I chose it. I don't think very many people genuinely choose their sexuality.

It wasn't a sudden change at all... in fact, I think I can explain exactly how it happened.

Up until I joined PC, I literally had zero contact with any LGBT people. I was raised in a Christian home, and genuinely believed that Gays were evil.

Once I was exposed to them for the first time, I realized... hey they're normal people just like me... but I was still fairly homophobic.

After awhile I started to think, why is it so wrong? They're just normal people, and as far as I can tell what they're doing isn't really any different. But I'm still a Christian so I can't support their lifestyle. (I remember thinking this exactly, when people were talking about joining the GSA at school.)

After graduating from high school at some point, while talking to my mom about it (she talked to me about religion all the time, to make sure I would stay Christian I guess) I decided that there was nothing wrong with it, and that we're wrong to hate gays. Whether they go to hell or not, we don't have the right to treat them badly.

Now, throughout all of this, I'm still 100% straight, and had never once thought about being gay or bi myself.

This progression just continued until I eventually found myself noticing guys here and there. And it wasn't until I met a friend online, when I was planning to go to anime expo last summer, that I truly felt something for a guy. I found myself wishing I could ask him out, but I was still straight in my mind. A couple months and a lot of confusion later, I started posting in this thread, and here I am now.

I know this was kind of long and pointless, but since no one seems to believe me, I want to explain as well as possible. Plus, I kind of feel like some of you don't want to accept that others did choose/change because it undermines your own belief of what a sexuality is… and this may sound really weird to you, but I don't even really think there is such thing as a sexuality. It's just a label we made up to understand it better. Your sexuality is really more of a wibbly-wobbly sexy-wexy ball of... stuff, that is never set in stone, until you set it there yourself. Which is why I think all three ways of 'obtaining'(couldn't think of a better word lol) your sexuality are possibilities.

(This seriously took me like 2 hours to type by the way... and I kind of want to take out that last bit... but I can't bring myself to delete the Doctor Who reference. lol)

Oh, okay! Sorry! I completely misunderstood you. I thought you were trying to say you completely chose to. ;o; I'm stupid sometimes.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
You know you can get schizophrenia and Multiple Personality Disorder through gay blood, too? Their blood starts talking to you and telling you to go out to pick up men and everything.

Yepyep, the lesbian blood they gave me did that to me too.

I'll just take a nice quote from the BBC report regarding the latter 3 countries.
Usually people are wise enough to mask the actual significance of what they're saying, but that wording was really surprisingly to the point.
"We're just coming out and saying it: it's okay for a straight guy to have sex with multiple women all over the place and possibly spread any number of diseases from a veritable myriad of possible sources; however, gay men who are not promiscuous and are in a committed relationship and would probably know by now if they had STDs . . . well, their blood is off limits."

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I saw this and figured I'd post it here:

6.png

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
My sister and I saw a funny scene in American Dad:
Snott: "Who cares what pizza we order!? Barry's just gonna eat it all anyways!"
Barry: "Stop saying factual statements at me like they're insults!"

Then my sister said "I'm going to say that whenever someone calls me gay."

TornZero

Years
I'm really happy but really depressed at the same time. T_T

Spoiler contains slightly (if not very) disturbing/creepy story.

Spoiler:

So, yeah, if you survived that, I could really use a hug, or a slap in the face right now. (I had to resist performing the latter myself in the car, though one reason was to stay awake.)

Last edited:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I don't think there's anything wrong with that. It sounds like you look up to him quite a bit, maybe a little bit more than you should, which isn't really that surprising, considering he's your older brother.

I mean, obviously there isn't much you can do in that situation... nor should you try, but I don't think it's anything you should beat yourself up over either.

TornZero

Years
I don't think there's anything wrong with that. It sounds like you look up to him quite a bit, maybe a little bit more than you should, which isn't really that surprising, considering he's your older brother.

I mean, obviously there isn't much you can do in that situation... nor should you try, but I don't think it's anything you should beat yourself up over either.
It's not that I beat myself up over how I see him (though I do try repressing it back to the "brotherly love" view), but that I have to keep myself from being able to show it how I want to without the moderate risk of losing the respect he has for me in accepting who/what I am.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
TornZero, nobody will judge you here. Your story wasn't creepy or disturbing whatsoever, in fact I thought it was sweet. It made me want a big brother like that lol.

I'm not exactly sure what I'd do about your problem though. I certainly wouldn't admit that you have feelings beyond the brotherly for him because he might find that weird, but I think it would take a lot for him to lose respect for you.

Melody

Banned
Years
I don't believe your experience is a unique one TornZero. I don't doubt that other people of your orientation and similar do occasionally find themselves in similar situations.

I suppose all you really can do is try to bring something to keep your mind off of it. Barring that, you could always spark up an intelligent debate-like discussion that you know can keep your mind in a mode other than falling to mush. xD

Believe it or not you have it harder because you're the younger one and you look up to him. But if you use a little creative emotional redirection you can probably avoid doing anything embarrassing. >_>

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
So, yeah, if you survived that, I could really use a hug, or a slap in the face right now.
-Big hugz-
My suggestion is to maybe try and show some subtle affection or admiration. Nothing too big. It's perfectly fine, I mean he's your brother and you've missed him.
I think maybe this would loosen the tension a bit.
Also what Pachi said about distracting yourself is good too.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
I have a question:

Do you think that all people who oppose all or certain LGBT rights/liberties inherently hate LGBT people?

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
I have a question:

Do you think that all people who oppose all or certain LGBT rights/liberties inherently hate LGBT people?

Hmm. I don't think so, necessarily. There are a lot of people out there that subscribe to love the sinner, hate the sin. So they wouldn't want to allow gay marriage or anything, but they might not actually hate the LGBT population.

Charlie Kelly

King of the Rats
Years
I'll join, I suppose. I'm Bi. Not 50/50 Bi, though. I only date women, though I am sexually attracted to both men and women.

Of course not. Most are usually just ignorant or fall back on an upbringing that taught them that sort of thing wasn't socially acceptable. Most people I've met who "hate" gays really don't specifically have a problem with gays as long as they aren't hitting on them. It's just a default attitude some people have, and I can't really fault them for that.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
I'll join, I suppose. I'm Bi. Not 50/50 Bi, though. I only date women, though I am sexually attracted to both men and women.
Welcome new friend!

Replying to the topic at hand:

Certainly not supporting certain rights doesn't equate to hate. I in fact (not proud of this) used to be homophobic and not support LGBT rights at all, however despite my apparent point of view on it, I found myself unable to actually hate LGBT people whenever I met them. I could only be intolerant in an impersonal way.

Last edited:

Charlie Kelly

King of the Rats
Years
I agree it isn't right, but there's enough of a difference to me between "well-thought-out, rage-inducing" hate and "oh I'm different than you and I don't like you I guess" hate. Those I feel will eventually accept or tolerate homosexuality, given enough time and appropriate exposure.

Back