• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you discover new music?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gideon Jeremiah

The giving Pokèmon breeder
Years
I do not have any specific "way" of discovering music.
Usually, it simply happens by me.
Seeing as I don't dislike anything in particular, I enjoy everything that happens across me.

Utzipher

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 4, 2014
I have found that the best music finds me when I least expect it. I'm not intentionally looking for it. I may be browsing through iTunes or I come across a music video and it all goes from there.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Either via the radio, though the playlists are somewhat limited/repetitive, or via an app on my phone called Deezer which essentially allows you to search/play/download any song that you want for free with multiple ways of finding random songs that you've never heard of before or countless songs from a single artist and having them all play at once. I've ended up finding so many great songs and artists this way so now I've developed a habit of leaving the app to choose any random song it can find and there's a fair few gems amongst them. The only other way I tend to come across music is from friends/siblings playing it, but most of my friends like the same kind of stuff as me so that's also pretty limited.

Matty Mayhem

Matty :3
Years
I find tons of music! I usually find my music by being active on Got-djent & Ultimate-Guitar. I also like to take note of what my favorite musicians like to jam to as well.

BeckJohn21

Banned
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 14, 2023
For me, I listen to my Daily Mix on Spotify, for new music, and there's also Youtube Playlists or videos that group several music.

Years
For me, I listen to my Daily Mix on Spotify, for new music, and there's also Youtube Playlists or videos that group several music.

Hi there BeckJohn21,

Welcome to the forum!

We have a section at Pokecommunity called Entertainment and Media, that is especially for music, as well books, movies, sports, pretty much the whole world of entertainment. That area is probably a better fit for your post than here in Off-Topic.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fn=entertainment

Also since this is a pretty old thread from 2013, and music has changed a lot since over the years I think making a brand new thread with this question in E&M would be your best bet. We typically encourage folks to remake topics after a few years, instead of reviving the old.

Let me know if you have any questions, enjoy your stay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back