• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Pokemon did you consider "useless" for journeys?

Cossolotto32

Pokemon Collector!
Years
Unfortunately one of my favorite pokemon-Beedrill. He seems like a great idea until you hit about the fourth gym. Then the killer bee gets KO'd by almost anything :(

Now there are certain Pokemon you find useless to use in journeys of your playthroughs. But I don't mean those that have the same type/types of your team. I mean by a specific Pokemon.

For me, I consider Plusle and Minun. They are Electric types, yes, but their movepool along with horrible Defense makeup(mainly Plusle) makes it useless to use. Even Spinda or Kricketune. Not to mention Ditto.

I agree. Others: In ag, the pokemon that don't evolve.
Plusle, Minun, Roselia, Volbeat, Illumise. (i wanted to have evolutions when I play.)

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
Some are even more useless. Shuckle and Dunsparce, for example. Although Shuckle is good for competition in some cases, ironically.

Hmm...

I can say Farfetch'd, Delibird, Sableye, Mawile, and Luvdisc as well.

BraveNewWorld

The Breaker
Years
It'd be easier to identify the Pokemon worth using. ;)

Seriously, there's a lot of poor Pokemon, I don't even know where to start.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Magikarp and Caterpie are ones that come to mind.

Magikarp takes to long to train and it's time and EXP that could be saved for MVPs on your team. Caterpie because, even as Butterfree, he's not very useful.

Back