• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics School: .:BreD's Photoshop Homeroom:.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
Years
hey Bred, sorry I'm late with my assignment...
This is how I usually do my banners, and I could really used some help.
Anyway, here it is:

cfbeaead7c.png

The clipping mask feature is a useful option in photoshop, but I don't normally use it.
But I have no idea what's C4D is..

BreD

Where's ButteR?
Years
Sorry, sorry i was in abit of a rush :S

@Chikara... that doesn't realy matter, we can improve on over things... but it looks like you left PC now, ohwell.

hey Bred, sorry I'm late with my assignment...
This is how I usually do my banners, and I could really used some help.
Anyway, here it is:

cfbeaead7c.png

The clipping mask feature is a useful option in photoshop, but I don't normally use it.
But I have no idea what's C4D is..

Your signatures ok, but the background's abit bland... try smudging it with the scatter option enabled. Add a nice gradient map on overlay / softlight to change the colour.
Maybe make the signature abit smaller because it's realy big at the moment. Try using some nice interesting brushes... instead of the same one in the background.
Use some filters like... Filter > Brush Strokes > Spatter or Filter > Distort > Ripple... Try other filters out aswell. Put a c4d in there somewhere on overlay or something, or smudge the C4D in. Maybe lower the opacity on the bar in the middle and make it smaller and make the text abit smaller... especialy if you make the signature smaller.
Here you can find lots of good c4d's...

The second assignment is to edit your signature, and try to do what i said.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2018
MB45.png

Here is the finished results of the second assignment. I couldn't get Clipping masks to show properly, unfortunately.

BreD

Where's ButteR?
Years
OK... Ok... it's no problem, it's a good start anyway ^^
I was thinking for the 3rd assignment, we'll try to make a sig with no brushes, just smudging... just to see if your capable of it.
Ye, that's it a smudge sig it'll be! :D
Here i made a tutorial for all of you.
smudgetutorialcopyxi4.jpg

Don't forget to add finishing touches, like Sharpen the eyes of the render to bring the attension to it, blur the edges abit and add a light source close to the render.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2018
So is that 3rd assignment set in stone?

BreD

Where's ButteR?
Years
Assignement 3:
d1226200e4.png

As asked, I only used smudging and clipping masks.

Brilliant! Ok, i think this one is better than the previous one.
4th assignment is like the second one, read what i have to say.
Try adding a red and pink gradient map, to realy bring out the colour as the it's abit dull colour wise... you want something that catches peoples eyes.
Maybe duplicate the best smudge layer and bring it to the top of the sig and set it to over lay, that will again make it more apealing.
Grab a 300 px soft brush and brush a light source above the the render.
Did you use CTRL+U to change the colour? it's handy, you should change it to a more eye catching red / pink.
Add some text along the side of her hair horizontaly and it will look quite good, remember make sure it doesn't stand out to much.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2018
Smudge.png

There is my 3rd assignment banner. It looks horrible. I believe I didn't do good this time around.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
Years
Allright here's my 4th assignment:
e8a9edce1c.png

I hope the colors are better now, I tried to follow everything you said, but one thing I didn't understand:
Grab a 300 px soft brush and brush a light source above the the render.

Thanks teach! ;)

Back