• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Just the Classics~ Original 151 Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Hello, my friends! Welcome to my new club...
Just the Classics
Original 151 Fan Club

Introduction
This club is for all of us who just love the original 151 Pokemon. Here we will hold discussions on our favorite Gen I Pokemon, and we will have appropriate events regarding these all-time classics.

Rules
- As always, follow all PC rules here.
- No trolling, no spamming, and no flaming.
- This club is for the original 151. Discussion outside of that will be considered as spam/off-topic.
- No more than 3 members may have the same partner Pokemon, so that we may have diversity in our partners.
- Place the phrase "Indigo Plateau" in your join post to show you have read the rules. (as of 12/26/2011)
- Please answer the poll question when you join. This is for my reference for creating WiFi-based events.
- As always, have fun!

Sign-up form
Username: deoxys121
Favorite Gen I Pokemon: Snorlax
Partner Pokemon: Sleepy the Snorlax
Answer to the current topic: *Insert answer here*
Obviously, substitute in your own information

Members
Hover over your name to see your title and points (older members only)

ShinySearcher01
Ani133MS.png

deoxys121
Ani143MS.png
Ani012MS.png
MagikarpShinyIcon.gif
Ani148MS.png

AlexOzzyCake
Ani027MS.png

johnny18
Ani144MS.png

miltankRancher ★
MewtwoShinyIcon.gif
Ani143MS.png
Ani034MS.png
GengarShinyIcon.gif

ikaroschase
VaporeonShinyIcon.gif
Ani004MS.png

Avishka
Ani006MS.png

Taposa
Ani006MS.png

gunnerpow7
Ani045MS.png

NightOfRemorse
VulpixShinyIcon.gif
Ani002MS.png

Jayster23 ★
006.gif
Ani135MS.png

tminus89
Ani149MS.png

MrKyurem
Ani123MS.png

2Cool4Mewtwo
Ani150MS.png
ElectrodeShinyIcon.gif

Olli97
Ani004MS.png

DragoniteMySavior
Ani149MS.png

Sector Revenge
038.gif
Ani150MS.png

miakalina
Ani037MS.png

Unknown#
Ani007MS.png

Dave_
Ani131MS.png

astoriachase
Ani120MS.png

classiccartoonsftw
Ani094MS.png
Ani026MS.png
Ani121MS.png
Ani112MS.png

Flame-Typhlosion
Ani094MS.png

Pachisou Yutohru
Ani065MS.png

Pokemon Game Fan
Ani149MS.png

Aluminum76
Ani051MS.png

lewieboy124
Ani025MS.png
Ani038MS.png

J1KTheGamer
Ani143MS.png

Hydro Pumper
Ani130MS.png

Xeberos
Ani134MS.png

Spritingyoshi22
Ani052MS.png

Cid
Ani007MS.png

Bonfire411
Ani132MS.png

arbok
Ani024MS.png

earth boy
Ani128MS.png

hiinotama
Ani099MS.png

jbthedelirious
Ani009MS.png

Meganium90
Ani144MS.png

Hikari10
Ani025MS.png

Antitryptic™
25.png

Huggie
136.png

Arcan3
59.png

Elgyem
59.png

fatcatfuller
6.png

Bewbs
31.png

Myc Shredder
5.png

CliveKoopa
trr21

TheAC29
2RAJy

Pikachukid
25.png

Chipsoft
9.png

ZachLMedia
9.png

Current Discussion Topic

Cutest Gen I Pokemon?

Current Event
Nothing at the moment
If you have suggestions for events, PM them to me and they will be considered

Past events
Classic Profile Designer Contest - Winner: miltankRancher
Create-a-Banner Contest - Winner: ikaroschase
General discussion on the topic of the club.

Banners and Userbars
deoxys121
Spoiler:

miltankRancher
Spoiler:

ikaroschase
Spoiler:

NightOfRemorse
Spoiler:

2Cool4Mewtwo
Spoiler:

Bonfire411
Spoiler:

Arcan3
Spoiler:

ShinySearcher01
Spoiler:

Elgyem
Spoiler:

Welcome to all! Enjoy the club!​
~Thread by Deoxys121​

Last edited:

ShadowTheDarkrai

The :~*Fanciest*~: Snivy around
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
Username: Shadow The Darkrai
Favorite Generation 1 Pokemon: Mew
Partner Pokemon: Charlie the Mew
Why it is: Mew is totally adorable and it is a powerhouse being able to know transform, metronome and learn any TM making it a master of moves. (just like Arceus is a master of types)
Yay I'm pretty much the first person! Anyways, here's a topic for this club What in your opinion is the most admirable thing about Gen. 1 Pokemon?.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Welcome, ShadowTheDarkrai!

As far as your topic, I think the answer for me would have to be that the Gen I Pokemon is where Pokemon started out. Therefore, their memorability is what appeals most to me; they're the Pokemon I've known since I was 7-8.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'll sign up here!

Username: AlexOzzyCake
Favorite Gen I Pokemon: Sandshrew
Partner Pokemon: Chilli the Sandshrew <3

I like how their designs seem a lot more basic than more other generations. "Lets make a caterpillar. Let's make a bee. Let's make a mouse. Let's make a fish. Let's make a starfish. Let's make a pink blob with arms." I find that kind of design process absolutely charming and it makes me love Gen I Pokemon a lot. <3

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
Username: johnny18
Favorite Gen I Pokemon: Articuno, Snorlax, Dragonair....too many to list x.x
Partner Pokemon: Eternal Blizzard Articuno

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Username: miltankRancher
Favorite Gen I Pokemon: Mewtwo, Snorlax, Butterfree, Charizard.
Partner Pokemon: Clone the Mewtwo.c

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Members list has been updated. Welcome to all.

Alex, I couldn't agree more. The concepts were basic, but effective. It was very clear what they were based on, their names are very reflective thereof, and Gen I is the only gen where I never looked at a Pokemon's design and thought "WTF is that thing?!"

miltankRancher

Years

I like how their designs seem a lot more basic than more other generations. "Lets make a caterpillar. Let's make a bee. Let's make a mouse. Let's make a fish. Let's make a starfish. Let's make a pink blob with arms." I find that kind of design process absolutely charming and it makes me love Gen I Pokemon a lot. <3

Well, gen V also did it. "Let's make a trash!" Yeah, nothing could ever beat the originality that gen 1 brought us.

ikaroschase

サンダース the crackling of sparks
Years
Username: ikaroschase
Favorite Gen I Pokemon: bulbasaur, nidoran ♂♀, growlithe, gengar, eeveelutions
Partner Pokemon: Marina the vaporeon

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Welcome, ikarochase!

Starting up a topic for us: Does it seem to you that the popularity of the original 151 has dwindled down in recent times with the new gens? Why/why not?
From my viewpoint, though they're still among my favorites, among the general population they have definitely become less popular, and it's a shame. What with the fact that many have received evolutions, the originals we've come to know and love have been forgotten. Also, with the younger generation of today that Pokemon is generally aimed at, they have never been fully exposed to the classics that this club is dedicated to.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Does it seem to you that the popularity of the original 151 has dwindled down in recent times with the new gens? Why/why not?

If think that the had always been the favourite generation up until Gen IV came out (at least in my mind they were!). But when Gen IV came around the Pokemon introduced were so unique and innovative that it blew some of the old ones out of the water! Although most of the ones that I really appreciate from Gen IV are the ones that are just build ups of old Pokemon, such as Magnazone and Leafeon - these could never exist without Gen I Pokemon to originate from.

ikaroschase

サンダース the crackling of sparks
Years
Does it seem to you that the popularity of the original 151 has dwindled down in recent times with the new gens? Why/why not?
nope (: alright, maybe a little :/ there are still others who complain that the first generation is the best ever >< the new generation pokemon evolve pretty late although they have better stats [which apparently stole the crowd] it may also have dwindled due to the fact that they removed the other generation pokemon in black and white until you obtain the national dex );

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

Yes, Alex. Even those that aren't evolved/pre-evolved from the originals, many of them draw similar concepts to the originals. This is especially true of Gen V.
woobat_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d382n93.gif
041.gif

th_emolga_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d38oxvw.gif
pikachu__bw__by_yuchikuto-d33syy8.gif

braviary_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d38yvcz.gif
Fearow.gif

^ Ya get the picture?

Ohhh yes, there are far too many of these around haha. Bouffalaunt in my opinion being the most painfully obvious noticeable. It does seem like a lot of these should've just been evolutions/prevolutions of the older Pokemon haha.

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
Yes I believe so as the new gens bring more unique pokemons than the original. Those pokemons are little bit better with the evolutions from the old one.

miltankRancher

Years
Does it seem to you that the popularity of the original 151 has dwindled down in recent times with the new gens? Why/why not?]

pokemon have been aiming for the younger audiences insofar. and since we are the generation of the classics, it's been hard to reintroduce them to the mainstream play, especially as their remakes are already on the now obsolete gameboy advance. also, stats also take some of the older generation to the new gens. Several newly introdueced pokemon have been given beastly stats whereas most gen 1 Pokemon have been relying only on gimmicks and strategy to stay alive in the OU tier. Out of the 45 OU pokemon, only 9 are from gen 1. Cloyster, simply because of it's shell smash + icicle spear/ rock blast combo. Dragonite, well, he is a beast actually. Same as Gengar, Gyarados and Starmie. Ninetales for his drought. tentacruel is a great Toxic Spiker. Vappy for his Baton passing abilities, and with the new Wish mechanics, he became a great cleric. And venusaur for the newly rising popularity of sunny day teams. Compared to other pokemon in the OU, these Pokemon would be rarely seen in the metagame (except for Ninetales. That fox shows up quite a lot.) They have several Pokemon to compete with like Landorus, Metagross, Mienshao, FERROTHORN. How would their popularity not dwindle.

DualBlade

The Umbreon Lover
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 24, 2013
Username: DualBlade
Favorite Gen I Pokemon: Lapras!
Partner Pokemon: Lean the Lapras!

Hope This is a Group who likes Lapras like me!Haha!

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Username: Avishka
Favorite Gen I Pokemon: Charizard
Partner Pokemon: Charizard

Last edited:

Taposa

;)
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 7, 2022
Username: Taposa
Favorite Gen I Pokemon: Charziard
Partner Pokemon: Charlia the Charziard

(Arg..My Pokémon got picked already but it's ok)

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Members list has been updated. Welcome, DualBlade and Avishka!

DualBlade, to answer your question, at least I like Lapras. imo, it's one of the best Water-types of Gen I.

I would like to bring up a point about Gen I that can and I hope will lead to further discussion: When I first started playing these games when I was young, I didn't even know about stat values, base stats, STAB, or anything like that. I just used my favorite Pokemon, and I had fun with it. I feel this is another big appeal of Gen I for me.

EDIT: Whoa, Taposa, you ninja'd me! I'll get you in the list. Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back