• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How are you most afraid to die?

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Being stabbed or shot late at night. Specifically in a drive-by shooting ,but just being killed on the streets late at night in general. My city isn't entirely the safest city, in fact we've been ranked the most dangerous city in the US several times.I've also been almost mugged twice on my way to places. So walking at night anywhere makes me sort of uncomfortable and I feel like someone is gonna come out and stab/shoot me.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'm most afraid of dying early like murder or a fatal disease at a young age. I'd rather die due to natural causes.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Being shot,or dying in a fire or something, pretty much anything that's not natural causes.

Years
There's no specific cause of death that frightens me more since they're all kind of abstract in a way, but I am afraid of dying suddenly before I have a chance to say any last words to people or put my affairs in order.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Anything violent or anything drawn out like illness.

I'm not really okay with dying, anyway. :\

Honest

Hi!
Years
Drowning. They make it seem so peaceful on TV, but the idea of water filling your lungs sounds uber painful, to me, I'd pass. I'd also rather not be hanged, since it takes a while to die. Decapitation also disagrees with me, or rather my head.

I'd rather die from falling off a building, or saving someone I love. Period

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
For me the worst way to go is hypothermia - slowly freezing to death, 2nd worst way is burned alive, unable to escape or stranded/lost in the desert.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I agree with everyone, but especially the breathing related stuff. But for me also afraid of a heart attack or a stroke or being murdered ;(

Years
Even though being murdered by my father and being killed during a robbery of my house at night are pretty high up there, it would probably have to be from a hurricane, seeing as I live in Florida and hurricanes are come way too often here because we can be hit from 3 sides ;_;

droomph

weeb
Years
my only scare would be not to make a difference before I die.

If I get killed, it's supposed to happen I guess. God's will, you know. I'll let him take care of the life issue and I'll work on giving unfortunate people happiness.

Years
This thread is a little morbid... but I'd say that any sort of death by asphyxiation would probably be the worst (drowning, hanging, choking, etc.) I guess anything else that isn't instant or at least fairly quick (starvation, burned alive, bleeding to death) would be pretty bad.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Anything where my insides are pulled out or taken to places where they're not supposed to be. I suppose, also burning to death is another great fear of mine, since I think it's a horribly painful way to die.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Cancer or some other long disease. I think the stress of it all would do my head in long before I actually died. The constant fear and worry that your life may be coming to a close. It's the advance notice and the anticipation that worries me more than death itself.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Definitely cancer or some kind of fatal disease which takes a long time to take effect. It'd be so scary counting down the days till you're expected to die :(

_Dean_

smoke if you got it
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
Definitely cancer or some kind of fatal disease which takes a long time to take effect. It'd be so scary counting down the days till you're expected to die :(

Personally, I wish I did know when I was going to die. That isn't to say I wish I had cancer, though. But if you knew how long you had until you died, you would also know how long you had to truly live. Meh.

Anyway. I'm terrified of drowning. But I love to swim. >_>;

Back