• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2016
For adding extra trainers try a-trainer. That is advanced trainer,and try pokemon amplifier for addind more moves. You can find the tutorials on this site. I have successfully tried both,and it works.have added about 25 extra trainers and 250 moves to my rom. Pet doesnt work,nor does yape.

1.I used a-trainer to get one new trainer inserted.
2.then just copied its id,changed its sprite to nurse joy,and gave her a chansey and blissey.
3.next i wrote a trainer script,and put my id i got from a-trainer there.
4.now just remember.,you put a special command in this trainer script.
5.i think its in thethethe tutorial.see there is a script called special,which makes your pokemon heal.
6.i just wrote that script after the trainer script,so that when the line to commence trainer fight is over,the next line starts from the special script line.and that line is executed next,before being released.
7.compile using pokescript,and check.
8.make necessary changes using pksvui. Ex.you can put special command lines before,after,before and after both,etc...
9.in my hack, when you go to a pokemon centre,and talk to nurse joy,she says that you cant get treatment for free.then fight starts,and at the end,irrespective of fight output,she says that my pokemon looks weakend out,let me cure them,the screen fades,comes back and my pokemons are healed. After that she says,do come again sometimes.
9.i also removed checkflag so that i can go again and again in that pokecentre,and and this nurse joy fights and heal me...

Hope you understood.

1.I used a-trainer to get one new trainer inserted.
2.then just copied its id,changed its sprite to nurse joy,and gave her a chansey and blissey.
3.next i wrote a trainer script,and put my id i got from a-trainer there.
4.now just remember.,you put a special command in this trainer script.
5.i think its in thethethe tutorial.see there is a script called special,which makes your pokemon heal.
6.i just wrote that script after the trainer script,so that when the line to commence trainer fight is over,the next line starts from the special script line.and that line is executed next,before being released.
7.compile using pokescript,and check.
8.make necessary changes using pksvui. Ex.you can put special command lines before,after,before and after both,etc...
9.in my hack, when you go to a pokemon centre,and talk to nurse joy,she says that you cant get treatment for free.then fight starts,and at the end,irrespective of fight output,she says that my pokemon looks weakend out,let me cure them,the screen fades,comes back and my pokemons are healed. After that she says,do come again sometimes.
9.i also removed checkflag so that i can go again and again in that pokecentre,and and this nurse joy fights and heal me...

Hope you understood.

Last edited:

Sensui

Ascend
Years
I haven't seen this posted anywhere, so I'll just ask: how do you find the X,Y coordinates for HG/SS to put into PPRE?

When I open it, and look at the events, they all take the coordinates from very small units of space. i.e. x-693,y-392

And anything I've used to find the coordinates like say, map editors, it always treats the coordinates as 1 per tile, so I get x-12,y-8.

So when I want to add a Pokemon to interact with into HG, what do I do for it's coordinates? (I know the rest, just not this!)

Okay, update. Through trial and error I found the coordinates are still done as 1 per tile in PPRE and the actual ROM, I had my new overworld appear (y-3) under another sprite and it did just that. But why are the numbers so big, like 600/400? My conclusion is they probably start at a number much higher than 0, because I doubt it's taken from every tile in the game for every coordinate.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2019
Hello everyone, I having a question hope has someone to answer me.

I want to make my hack rom like a animation, for example I taking to a team rocket membars, and suddenly have a earthquake, and moving to a black screen, after that show a Groundon at a lava cave destroying the cave, that's all.

I use warpmuted command to moving the screen to lave cave, but I don't want player ow sprite showing at the map, I tried to use movement command to hide it but need a few time to make it dissapear, have a method to make the hero ow sprite not showing at the lava cave?

Sorry for my bad english hope have someone know what I'm saying

Hello everyone, I having a question hope has someone to answer me.

I want to make my hack rom like a animation, for example I taking to a team rocket membars, and suddenly have a earthquake, and moving to a black screen, after that show a Groundon at a lava cave destroying the cave, that's all.

I use warpmuted command to moving the screen to lave cave, but I don't want player ow sprite showing at the map, I tried to use movement command to hide it but need a few time to make it dissapear, have a method to make the hero ow sprite not showing at the lava cave?

Sorry for my bad english hope have someone know what I'm saying

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2021
How do I get back to the outside of my cave? Every time I exit I end up in the middle of the town instead of outside the cave

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2013
I'm currently hacking my first romhack, a pokemon ruby hack, and I Am trying to edit the back in-battle sprite for my character, but whenever i do, it just becomes a horrid, messy, bad pallete, also, i use unLZGBA, and Paint.net for the recoloring, also, I Only use colors from the actual sprite, with the dropper tool. CAN ANYONE HELP ME?!?!?!!?!?!?!?! I Can't find anything for RUBY, But theres tons of programs for fire red, I'm hacking ruby, SO SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2019
does anyone know how the wild unown forms work? I want to have a hack with like different shellos and stuff. So first it would help to know how different unown forms work

edit: is it possible to somehow make multiple pokemon link back to the same pokedex entry?

Last edited:

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
I'm currently hacking my first romhack, a pokemon ruby hack, and I Am trying to edit the back in-battle sprite for my character, but whenever i do, it just becomes a horrid, messy, bad pallete, also, i use unLZGBA, and Paint.net for the recoloring, also, I Only use colors from the actual sprite, with the dropper tool. CAN ANYONE HELP ME?!?!?!!?!?!?!?! I Can't find anything for RUBY, But theres tons of programs for fire red, I'm hacking ruby, SO SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

That's because you arn't changing the palette in APE. Here's a link to a video that shows how to do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGihhXkQOPk

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2013
That's because you arn't changing the palette in APE. Here's a link to a video that shows how to do this:

I Did EVERYTHING In that video TO THE LETTER, And it Didn't work, remember, I'm working with ruby, here. if that is universal, Then what the heck? Shouldn't it have worked? also,I Removed the url, because i havent posted 15 or more posts yet

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2013
Alright. First time post here. I am having a few problems but I am pretty sure they are linked to the same cause, I just don't know how to go about fixing it. 1) When you enter cycling road entrance arrows appear between my character. 2) When exiting buildings a portion of my character's head appears at the bottom of the door instead of the arrow. 3) When surfing/flying my character's sprite splits when entering/exiting the surf/fly animation. Any Ideas?

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2013
Hey all, quick question. I'm using advanced map 1.92 to hack Fire Red. I have 2 sprites in 2 positions on the map (they are not the only sprites). When I run the game to test it they appear in 2 completely different spots. What's the deal?

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
I'm having troubles editing Pokemon Trainers, A-Trainer keeps giving me the "Subscript out of range" bs, and PET sometimes wont let me fully edit the Pokemon, and by that I mean it wont let me edit their movesets, and abilities. For example: I hover over the moves that the Pokemon can learn, and the scroll bar does not appear.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is the specific problem: Subscript out of range DrawTile8@LZ77
Someone said it had something to do with sprites, first off I disagree, because I ran this on a clean rom, and it did not matter at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back