• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Battle Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Thanks! I'm mostly doing mapping now so i'm happy to hear that my maps look good!

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
I also really like the idea with the treasure chest. Do they replace finding items in pokèballs?

No I'm not sure how I am going to work them out.

I might have it so you can find keys around the world and chests around the world, so if you find a key and you remember you found a chest in winnipeg earlier, you can go to winnipeg and see what's inside the chest. All the details aren't worked out but I like the idea of chests as well :P I also found a way to make it look opened after you have opened the chest.

Hm... Interesting. I attend other Screenshot.

I'm going to add more screen shots once I add more maps, right now there is not much to show. Not to mention I have had to stop working on it for a bit because of school and such but come december I should have a lot more time to add screenshots and such.

Years
You know my last post was mostly to bump the thread. I seen it slowly dying Dx. But yeah I do like the chest & key idea alot

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
You know my last post was mostly to bump the thread. I seen it slowly dying Dx. But yeah I do like the chest & key idea alot

Thanks I really appreciate it! However since there is not much to the game right now (no download, not many pictures) im not too worried about getting a lot of views and comments, however I greatly appreciate it and I check the PC daily and when I see someone has commented, it really makes me happy.

iLoveHate

Hmmmmmm.... :D
Years
Awesome!!! I.... Would......Love......TO PLAY THE GAME! Okej all think people will get competition with this hack comming! :D

- Greetz me ;)

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Awesome!!! I.... Would......Love......TO PLAY THE GAME! Okej all think people will get competition with this hack comming! :D

- Greetz me ;)

Haha thanks a lot man! It means a lot coming form the person who pretty much taught me how to do basic scripting! :P

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Dude, haven't checked here in abit, hows progress working out?
Thanks for asking man it means a lot to me! It's been pretty slow due to school and such! I am also trying to find a spriter so I am not spending the next year just trying to make half decent sprites. However it's been going well! :)

Frosty~

Pancakes are a girl's BFF
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2021
I think the new tiles look great. But I was wondering, how are you going to expand on the storyline? It seems as if its missing something... unique I guess.

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
I think the new tiles look great. But I was wondering, how are you going to expand on the storyline? It seems as if its missing something... unique I guess.

I am not entirly sure what I am going to do. I think I am going to focus more on gameplay rather than story. I find if your game runs smoothly, it will be much more popular than a game with a good story. (althought I know story is important, I am going to work on that as I go along)

Frosty~

Pancakes are a girl's BFF
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2021
What font did you use for Battle Brown? And who else is working on the hack besides you and the beta testers? btw I know I've said this before but your titlescreen. Beautiful.

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
What font did you use for Battle Brown? And who else is working on the hack besides you and the beta testers? btw I know I've said this before but your titlescreen. Beautiful.

Well no one is currently working on my hack other then me!
The title screen was made by Karatekid552! I hired him to make it (so I also paid him to do it) but other then that (and beta testers) I have been making the whole thing!

The font as given to me by the same guy who is currently making pokemon cobalt. I would ask him!

However, even though I am making my game on my own, I need some help! I am trying to find a good spriter to work with! So if anyone who is reading this knows of a spriter who is willing to be a part of this ROM, let me know! :)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 8, 2015
*GASP!* I saw the multiple options of starters, and I'm seriously in awe. I ADORE the screenshots! The storyline is just awesomeness. :3

Did you make multiple scripts for the starting Pokemon selection?

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
*GASP!* I saw the multiple options of starters, and I'm seriously in awe. I ADORE the screenshots! The storyline is just awesomeness. :3

Did you make multiple scripts for the starting Pokemon selection?

Yeah I did! I really think getting to choose form any starter out of the three genertations is really cool, and not enough people do it!

Thanks for the feedback I really appreciate it! I am planning on adding mroe screenshots when I have more of the game finished, but I am working on OWs and such right now so it's kind of a pain in the ass right now! :P

Jet Pilot

I killed Spiderman.
Years
If this takes place 3 days after a giant war.
attachment.php

You may want to change tiles alot, because at the moment it doesn't look post-war times.
Also, the story seems pretty good, let's just hope it turns out good in gameplay.
attachment.php

Also, you've not used the [Red_FR] command in XSE to make the font red from talking to a female NPC.
Also the name WINNIPEG sounds strange and not very town-like?​
http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-482020-winnipeg_vacations-i

Looks good, I'll definitely try it out.

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
uwaaa~ I've been following this for a while, looking at the awesome updates you bring. Keep up the work, and I can't wait to play the beta ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back