• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2013
Ace spec Dowsing Machine from Plasma storm?
on eBay americans selling it for £4 but UK people like £12 (only 1 UK seller)
and postage or americans is like £4

Years
Ace spec Dowsing Machine from Plasma storm?
on eBay americans selling it for £4 but UK people like £12 (only 1 UK seller)
and postage or americans is like £4

Have you tried checking the completed listings? That's what I use as a gauge for prices. I base it off of what it's consistently sold for. The way you bring up completed listings is to search for your item, and then on the left side of the site, click "More refinements..." and then choose the "Show Only" tab that pops up, check the "Completed Listings" box and click "Go". Your searches for the rest of the time you have that eBay tab open are now completed listings.

Prices for Dowsing Machine seem to be all over the place, with prices falling in the $5 to $15 range, but all over the range in there (most frequently $5 to $10).

As for the differences in price, the UK seller could have looked at what a retailer like Trollandtoad was selling it for and listed it for that price (generally not a good idea since it likely won't sell). That or it could just be that much more valuable in the UK (hard for me to gauge since all the completed listings I see are Stateside).

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
Lugia-EX - 108/135 - Ultra Rare (Black & White 8: Plasma Storm) NM
Charizard - 136/135 - Ultra Rare (Black & White 8: Plasma Storm) NM (Fighting Misprint)

Oh btw has the value for Darkrai ex FA (Dark Explorers) gone down?

Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
I have two cards here, both japanese, one of them is holo (the trainer) i need an evaluation on them, thanks!

Years
Lugia-EX - 108/135 - Ultra Rare (Black & White 8: Plasma Storm) NM
Charizard - 136/135 - Ultra Rare (Black & White 8: Plasma Storm) NM (Fighting Misprint)

Oh btw has the value for Darkrai ex FA (Dark Explorers) gone down?

Lugia EX (non-full art version): $20 to $25.
Charizard: $45 to $55.

Gone down relative to what? Current price seems to be: $28 to $32.

I have two cards here, both japanese, one of them is holo (the trainer) i need an evaluation on them, thanks!

Japanese Blaine (Gym Set 2): Normally, $1 to $3, but in that condition, far closer to $1 than $3.

Japanese Light Machamp (Neo Destiny): $0.50 to $1.50.

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2013
So I got a skarmory card about a year ago, but then I noticed something strange about it. It has a star rating, but the bottom left spike of the star is missing. I was wondering if this is a misprint, and how much it is worth. Thanks!

Years
So I got a skarmory card about a year ago, but then I noticed something strange about it. It has a star rating, but the bottom left spike of the star is missing. I was wondering if this is a misprint, and how much it is worth. Thanks!

I'm trying to get an idea in my head about what you are talking about. Could you upload a picture of it as an attachment to your next post?

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2013
I have these cards, all NM/M holo, what are they worth?

Shining Magikarp 1st edition - Neo Revelations
Charizard - Base Set
2x Charizard - Base Set 2
Venusaur - Base Set
Lugia - Neo Genesis
Raikou - Neo Revelations
Dark Espeon - Neo Destiny
Dark Charizard - Team Rocket
Dark Blastoise 1st Edition - Team Rocket
Rocket's Mewtwo - Gym Challenge
Blaine's Charizard - Gym Challenge
Blaine's Arcanine - Gym Challenge
Blaine's Moltres - Gym Heroes

I also a Japanse Charizard CD Promo card. Can't post a link to it.

Emilia1234

Relapsed
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 8, 2013
Cresselia Lv. X - Great Encounters

I'm looking to sell my collection ( ;_; ), but I can't find a consistent valuation for this card. I have two from boosters.

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years

I'm looking to sell my collection ( ;_; ), but I can't find a consistent valuation for this card. I have two from boosters.

Hey Emilia ! I just checked eBay and the prices in US is a lot cheaper than the UK. I would value this card around £5 because it's not playable and has many sellers who would sell it for £5-6 with postage costs from America.
Maybe Don can put in his 2 cents about this one.

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2013
Hey Guys, Im new here. I have a card that i have been looking for but havent found any info on.

I have a 1st Edition Meganium from the Neo Genesis set. It has the common error of the black pokemon power text. But it is also a miscut. the right side is cut too much and there is extra border on the left side. Im just wondering if anybody else has seen one of these and what its worth.

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2013
Hi,
Another new guy. I'm actually looking this up for my kids.
They say it is a "Slowbro" but the name is wrong and says Kabutops.

Misprint?
Value?

It is from 2010 and says it is #52/123.
View attachment 67542

Years
Hi,
Another new guy. I'm actually looking this up for my kids.
They say it is a "Slowbro" but the name is wrong and says Kabutops.

Misprint?
Value?

It is from 2010 and says it is #52/123.
View attachment 67542

It has no value as it is a fake card. The giveaway is in the fonts and the energy symbols, as well as the horribly inaccurate name. Kabutops is a completely different Pokemon from the Pokemon in the picture, which, as your kids say, is Slowbro. But it's still not an authentic card.

Hey Guys, Im new here. I have a card that i have been looking for but havent found any info on.

I have a 1st Edition Meganium from the Neo Genesis set. It has the common error of the black pokemon power text. But it is also a miscut. the right side is cut too much and there is extra border on the left side. Im just wondering if anybody else has seen one of these and what its worth.

Miscuts are very common on Pokemon cards in general and won't make the card anymore valuable, unless someone likes to collect miscuts, in which case it would be slightly more valuable to them. If you're selling it, list it at the same price or slightly more than the normal error 1st Edition Meganium, which seems to be $10 to $15 itself, and label it as a miscut.

I have these cards, all NM/M holo, what are they worth?

Shining Magikarp 1st edition - Neo Revelations
Charizard - Base Set
2x Charizard - Base Set 2
Venusaur - Base Set
Lugia - Neo Genesis
Raikou - Neo Revelations
Dark Charizard - Team Rocket
Rocket's Mewtwo - Gym Challenge
Blaine's Arcanine - Gym Challenge
Blaine's Moltres - Gym Heroes

I also a Japanse Charizard CD Promo card. Can't post a link to it.

Only 5 cards at a time, please! This is something I do as a hobby! I'll do your first four and the CD promo for now. I won't need a link for the CD promo.

Shining Magikarp 1st Edition: $25 to $30.
Base Set Charizard: Does this have a shadow to the bottom and left of the picture box? Whether it does or not will affect its value. Shadowless: $35 to $40. Shadowed: $15 to $20.
Base Set 2 Charizard: $10 to $15.
Venusaur: Does this have a shadow to the bottom and left of the picture box? Whether it does or not will affect its value. Shadowless: $20 to $25. Shadowed: $10 to $15.
Japanese CD Promo Charizard: $10 to $15.

$5 to $10 USD for that, generally closer to $5 than $10, and often lower than $5. Its value kinda got trashed when a version of it identical to the pack version was released in a Clash of Legends box back in late 2010/early 2011. Renpuu's evaluation was certainly a fair evaluation.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2013
Thanks donavannj!

What about:

Lugia - Neo Genesis
Raikou - Neo Revelations

BTW, my charizard and Venusaur are not shadowless :( . . . I WISH!

Years
Thanks donavannj!

What about:

Lugia - Neo Genesis
Raikou - Neo Revelations

BTW, my charizard and Venusaur are not shadowless :( . . . I WISH!

Sorry for the delay! Really busy these last few days!

Lugia Neo Genesis: Nothing consistent here in a small range. Goes for anywhere from $5 to $20, with $5 to $10 and $20 being the most frequent prices for sold completed listings.

Raikou Neo Revelations: $10 to $15.

Dark Espeon Neo Destiny: Sold as high as $16, but most commonly sold for $5 to 10 (by a very small margin).

Blaine's Charizard Gym Challenge: $10 to $15.

1st Edition Dark Blastoise Team Rocket: $12 to $16.

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2013
I have an old pocket monsters card that is a 1996. Its a japanese Light dragonite with a back that says pocket monsters (if that changes anything. It doesnt say a rarity on it but it has a star in the corner. The illustrator is: Atsuko Nishida. can yhu help me with the pricing? I keep looking all over for it but nothing pops up... I can post pictures if needed... Oh and also its holographic

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back