• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Garnet Version~

What type of menù/ alternate screen would fit Garnet better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2015
im lovin this more& more as i look at it XD

kinda wish youd switch the fire&water beginners tho, a fire shark would be so much cooler, and we already got Carvanha for water shark :P

but this looks completely awesome XD

Bzhuan

add a g to the end of my name
Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2018
Your screens left me speechless.
However the boy character's overworld looks like a girl.

MetryoV

Ultimate Challenger
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 28, 2010
those screenies are just...wow

loving the details there a lot

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
The one large thing that annoys me about Garnet, is that it's all essence and no structure. I mean, what I see here is a lot of work on the graphical side, paticularily the fakemon, considering how hard it is to make an entire fakedex. I think that the people who will appreciate this 100% will be those who are easily dazzled by pretty spriting. Don't get me wrong, Garnet is beautiful, but it's missing a few key factors.

The first being a storyline, though I did read it all, I don't see or understand what the game is about. We become a pokémon trainer and we see the a world riddled with war and gods. But what exactly is the objective for instance? Are we just here to observe artwork? If so, screenshots and .png's of sprites would probably do me just as well as playing it. I really want to see something more on the scripting and storyline side, I haven't seen anything really. What I see here, is a game that is just following a slightly modified and slightly less textured Gamefreak pokémon game storyline but going the complete opposite way with the graphics. I guess what I'm saying is that the storyline itself needs to live up to the rash, complex and simply stunning visuals, without it, it'd be a game with 50% of what I'd like to see as opposed to 100. I do write myself, so perhaps I'm bias in saying all this, though I'm sure some will agree that a gripping storyline is just as important.

The only thing about the graphics I would point out, would be the touchscreen. I'm not gonna say that toucscreen's are overused as we've yet to see a release of a game that has one (or very few at least). But with that said, I think you should be a little more original with your design and opt for something that's not just a copy of HGSS's touch screen. It looks a little rushed.

In any case, best of luck with the project, I'd like to see a little more than aesthetics though, I think it's simply stunning just lacking some mechanics.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 14, 2013
The one large thing that annoys me about Garnet, is that it's all essence and no structure. I mean, what I see here is a lot of work on the graphical side, paticularily the fakemon, considering how hard it is to make an entire fakedex. I think that the people who will appreciate this 100% will be those who are easily dazzled by pretty spriting. Don't get me wrong, Garnet is beautiful, but it's missing a few key factors.

The first being a storyline, though I did read it all, I don't see or understand what the game is about. We become a pokémon trainer and we see the a world riddled with war and gods. But what exactly is the objective for instance? Are we just here to observe artwork? If so, screenshots and .png's of sprites would probably do me just as well as playing it. I really want to see something more on the scripting and storyline side, I haven't seen anything really. What I see here, is a game that is just following a slightly modified and slightly less textured Gamefreak pokémon game storyline but going the complete opposite way with the graphics. I guess what I'm saying is that the storyline itself needs to live up to the rash, complex and simply stunning visuals, without it, it'd be a game with 50% of what I'd like to see as opposed to 100. I do write myself, so perhaps I'm bias in saying all this, though I'm sure some will agree that a gripping storyline is just as important.

The only thing about the graphics I would point out, would be the touchscreen. I'm not gonna say that toucscreen's are overused as we've yet to see a release of a game that has one (or very few at least). But with that said, I think you should be a little more original with your design and opt for something that's not just a copy of HGSS's touch screen. It looks a little rushed.

In any case, best of luck with the project, I'd like to see a little more than aesthetics though, I think it's simply stunning just lacking some mechanics.

At the end, finally, someone told something that NEEDED to be told. I was just waiting for it. The storyboard problem depends on the team choices. We have already seen many manipulations of Garnet style and we NEED to avoid also storyline manipulation, because, you see, it is the most important thing of ALL the game, and, leaving behind modesty, our storyboard is precious. I think that Garnet has to show a depth that will surprise you, a depth that is made of philosophy, history, Nietsche, San Tommaso d'Acquino, relativity, Einstein, Marx, but also madness, delirium, wrong choices... strong people, weak people... As well as a totally new "Evil and Good" conception.
But you said something really interesting, and you did not say it without motivation. We are now offering a graphical product, since the beginning, because of the lack of updates everyone missed some changes we decided, first of all the touch screen.
You see, i'm verry happy of your criticism, because nowadays EVERY overrated videogame is overrated because of its graphics, and nobody cares about other things, like gameplay, emotions, etc.

Garnet has already given something, graphically speaking, but it has a lot more to say with its history, and because of that it is different from every game.
And because of that we needed to use good graphics. A great story with bad graphics won't have caught the people. Trust me.

So, for now, i won't say a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g about the storyline. I don't want to...

About the scripts, well... it is a continue change... we're introducing a scripts that uses tilesets as frames to make animated environments (water, grass with wind, waterfalls, everything is animated with scripts), as well as a photography system, that works like The legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (if you catch something important and take it to someone, something happens). The touch screen, as i said, is going to be resized, it will be smaller. There are several minigames.

I hope that you all will forgive me for my absence, but now the school is finished, and i finally have time. And i hope you will forgive me for the lack of modesty i showed today and for the reserve about the storyline. I hope in your confidence.

Last edited:

GameFreak Executive

Born to be the very best...
Years
Everything looks absolutely phenomenal. I've had my eye on this thread for quite a while, but just now decided to post in here. It seems you removed the Fakedex? Oh well, can't wait for the demo release!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 14, 2013
Everything looks absolutely phenomenal. I've had my eye on this thread for quite a while, but just now decided to post in here. It seems you removed the Fakedex? Oh well, can't wait for the demo release!
Yep! We have to update it. :3
I'm currently thinking about changing all the topic. I want to make it more complex and catching. And i'm currently thinking about spoiling some parts of the storyline, taking care to avoid very important things...

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 14, 2013
Why did you remove some of the screenshots? The one with the yellow leaeves?
We have to update many things. Especially for the Touch screen and its graphics! :°)
I will post a "small version" now, with only the "top screen".

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2012
AMAZING MAN! Can't wait 'til it's completed. Ah! It's my impression, or all starters evolutions looks like they're bad.

I disagree with Volroc. They're just fine, and carvanha isn't a shark, it's evolution, sharpedo, is. But your shark is cooler!

Also liked the fact that the fire starter evolutions are FIRE-POISON. Which will be the secondary type of the Grass Starter and the Water Starter evolutions?

Edit: Almost forgot. Don't you think that for the time that you beggined to create this game you should have more Gym Leaders? I'm waiting for'em.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 14, 2013
Updates - rivals

A little update for Garnet.

2jfkevs.jpg

Morpheus & Nohra
- the two rivals
Yep, Garnet has TWO rivals. Morpheus, the boy on the left is the rival for the male Hero, Aurelio, while Nohra, the girl on the right, is the rival for Aurora, the femal heroine.

Every character appear in the game, so we have the two main heroes and the two rivals. They only change roles as rivals/ characters.

Both Morpheus and Nohra come from Glowhill City (the same city of the first Gym Leader, Colette whose Bios you find on the first page). They're sixteen years old, as the player is. Very extrovert and cheerful, they're son and daughter of Mr. Cedar, one of the most important biologists in Irusia. They will help you during your first moments playing Garnet, introducing you to pokémon catching, exploring, dungeons etc...

Hourglasshero

General Concepts' Designer
Years
hey there hydrargirium!!!
this is hourglasshero from deviantART!!
really awesome game!! the fakes u made ROCK!!
love the trainers!! and the gym leaders(will u post the others?)
the graphics are perfect. I love the whole thing!!
can't wait for the trailer!!! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

Last edited:

MegaNew

Pokémon Unetta Owner
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2011
when are you going to update topic with some new screenys?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 14, 2013
I have decided to make a new poll today.

Menu_Teaser___animated_gif_by_Hydrargirium.gif

This is the new teaser mockup for Garnet's touchscreen.
But, i need to know something for you.

As you may know, Garnet uses the touch screen script with the mouse, while the movement arrows are used to make the player go around and Spacebar/ X as "A & B button".

In this way, during the gameplay you'll have to change your hand position from right to mouse and left to arrows and back very often.

So I would like to ask you which of this three different solutions you may find more comfortable:

• First: Introducing "A, B buttons" in the Touch screen: in that way you move with arrows with the left hand and use all the other commands with the mouse (Selected items, menu commands, A & B);
  • Making "A S W D" become a side-arrow pad in this way: A(left) W(up) S(down) D(right), so you can press both Space Bar and X and make the player move with the left hand
  • Keeping all like it is now.
Let me know. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back