• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Journeys through Novia [M]

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
Name: Jason Wolf (its great having my standerd RP character as my username)

Appearance:
picture.php

Jason stands around six foot two inches and has a lean build. He has shaggy dark brown hair that falls in jagged angles around his neck and hangs down to his eyebrows. Below his eyebrows are a pair of dark amber-brown eyes that have seen a lot more then most. Jason tries to keep a smirk or smile on his face, but he often seems blank faced. The claw scars down his back, and bite scar on his right thigh are not even nearly enough to describe what Jason has gone through.

Jason tends to stick with dull and solemn colors. He wears a few different long sleeve shirts, and a dark red and black vest over top. He has a couple of black and navy jeans to wear on his journey, and some brown hiking boots as well. Jason pulls a black and dark red baseball cap on over his mop of hair and slings a good old fashioned backpack over his shoulder.

Personality: Jason is a bit soulless at first glance. He spends a bit too much time thinking when he should act and acting when he should think. His focus is always on random topics that seem to have no relevance, which makes him seem out of it.

Once you get past the crazy, and trust me after you hear the random mentioning of Pinecos while a Dragonite is kicking your face in you'll call him crazy too, Jason is a bit nerdy in his conversation since he spent so much time researching pokemon. He's clever with word play, and makes a good reference now and then. The other half to him is a rebel. He does things in odd and often overly complicated ways. He likes knowing he's doing things the harder way so long as the task was worth doing in the first place. His research from when he was younger was all about how pokemon can do so much more with their attacks and moves. Seeing how pokemon used their abilities and attacks in nature inspired Jason to look at problems differently, but more so look at materials differently.

History: Jason isn't technically a native, but he has lived in Coriolis since he was two. His father is the pilot of a sea plane who does a lot of work for tourists and the occasional trip for the professor. Jason originally wanted to follow his father and become a pilot too, but soon realized he was Acrophobic. With that idea out the window Jason grew up just being a typical kid with no real plan for the future. Like any kid of course he liked pokemon, but never put any real thought into a career as a trainer. It was his parents who decided a pokemon would be the best choice for their son. Jason didn't care one way or another, but he was still young when his parents tried to encourage pokemon training so he couldn't register yet. Though never intending for it to go so far Jason's parents soon got their son obsessed. He'd vanish for hours, and come home beat up and dirty. Jason would spend long amounts of time watching pokemon and trying to learn more about them. He did visit the pokemon lab to further his research, but he put his focus on up close wild encounters.

By now Jason has gained a massive knowledge about pokemon, and has deemed himself ready to get a pokemon. He has been meticulous in his planning, and is dying to show the fruits of his labor.

Chosen Starter: Pawniard, male. Rook, is a very daunting pokemon. He always has a frightening glare as he stares down and analyzes his prey.

Any other info: Jason is mildly obsessed with classic rock, metal, and punk. He often plays those types of music when he gets into battles.

Years
Okay Yoshi thank you for getting back to me. I'm being lenient since demand for places hasn't been huge :)

Wolf, Wolf sounds like fun. Accepted.

Oh and the IC has been submitted and should be up soon.

Years
Name: Dan Miller

Appearance: Dan stands at 5'8 and weights 150 pounds. He wears a yellow jacket,red pants, yellow shoes and a red hat. He wears green gloves and sometimes a black cape.His right arm has a bracelet which is pokeball shaped.On his left arm he has a watch which is colored red.Dan is not strong so he dose not have a muscular build.Right before the journey his mom bought a purple backpack

Personality : Dan is quite shy, he only has two friends who he has accepted.When Dan lived in Nimbasa city he had a lot of friends but after that he dose not want to have many friends so he would not have to leave a lot of them.He is rather scared of people, he thinks they will always laugh at him for random thing.Like they will laugh at him for not going out much or being scared of people, but they won't do that it is only what Dan thinks.Dan is not strong and gets beat up by bullies a lot,but his friends try to protect him as much as possible.

History: Dan currently lives at Coriolis Town, but before that he lived at Nimbasa City in the Unova region where he had a lot of friends.He lives with his mom and dad who dont really have much time for him, because they work a lot.His dad has a pokemon, a vulpix to be exact.That vulpix is his best friend.His life is pretty much normal, he dose not go out much.

Chosen Starter: Vanillite,male. Vanillite is happy most of the time but when it is time to fight it will get serious and fight with all it's heart.

Last edited:
Years
Still needs more detail. Try writing it out like this (where this applies only)

Appearance: Physical features (aim for 3-5 lines) and then clothing (aim for 4-5 lines).

Personality: General personality overview (2 lines) followed by specific beliefs and values (4 lines) and then behaviours relating to personality and any interests or quirks (3-4 lines).

History: Detail both his history with his family and his own personal history and any significant events that have effected him (such as more info on these friends for example).

Try it like that and you should be fine. It doesn't have to be exactly that but using that as a guide should help you out a bit.

I'll be posting a description of chapter one soon and will also post it in the IC when it is accepted.

Years
Name: Dan Miller

Appearance: Dan stands at 5'8 and weights 150 pounds.Dan is not strong so he dose not have a muscular build.He has a light skin.Dan also has light brown hair.He wears a yellow jacket,red pants, yellow shoes and a red hat. He wears green gloves and sometimes a black cape.His right arm has a bracelet which is pokeball shaped.On his left arm he has a watch which is colored red.Right before the journey his mom bought a purple backpack

Personality : Dan is quite shy, he only has two friends who he has accepted.When Dan lived in Nimbasa city he had a lot of friends but after that he dose not want to have many friends so he would not have to leave a lot of them.He is rather scared of people, he thinks they will always laugh at him for random thing.Like they will laugh at him for not going out much or being scared of people, but they won't do that it is only what Dan thinks. He wants to be brave but never gets the chance to try.He also has a dark and cruel side, it only happened to him once and it was when he first got beat up by bullies.Dan is not strong and gets beat up by bullies a lot,but his friends try to protect him as much as possible.

History: Dan currently lives at Coriolis Town, but before that he lived at Nimbasa City in the Unova region where he had a lot of friends.He lives with his mom and dad who dont really have much time for him, because they work a lot.His dad works at the poke mart and his mom at the pokemon center. Hid dark and cruel side appeared once when he first got beat up by bullies. He said to them that they will all suffer one day, that one day he and the bully will have a pokemon battle and Dan will win.His two friends, Chris and Dave. Chris moved to Coriolis town the exact same day as Dan and is his best friend who always tries to protect him. And Dave he is strong so he defends Dan as much as possible.He met Dan after a year when Dan moved. He was looking for pokemon to play with and Dan showed where to look and from there they were friends. His dad has a pokemon, a vulpix to be exact.That vulpix is his best friend.His life is pretty much normal, he dose not go out much.

Chosen Starter: Vanillite,male. Vanillite is happy most of the time but when it is time to fight it will get serious and fight with all it's heart.

Years
I'm willing to accept you on the condition that you make a concious, serious effort to improve your English skills. I would recommend getting some advice from a more experienced RPer :)

Looking forward to RPing with you.

Okay guys this is some information on Chapter one for you :)
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
Hello! The OOC looks rather promising so I'll have a go! Nice avatar btw x3 I like lucario too. I'd like to reserve Litwick please! It'll be done soon x3 Possible in 30 mins, as I need to finish the Pokemon soundtrack that I'm making xD anyway, count me in!

Edit - done!

Name: Devon Hall

Appearance: Devon is a child with a skin color that is often considered to be perfect - a mix of caucasian white and asian yellow, which isn't actually that hard to get as he's a mix of both races. There are some obvious American traits here and there (such as his hair texture and the shape of his head), but his ink-colored eyes and dark hair clearly show that there's something else in his genes. Standing at 6"0, Devon often shows up late with a dark, cobalt-colored hoodie (that's always one size too large for some reason) and a pair of slightly-torn denim jeans. If you look at his right arm, you will also see a fading yet visible scar slithering along the skin towards his elbow, a total of 20 cm in length, though he wouldn't tell anyone about it, nor would people actually see it as he keeps his sleeves down despite being in warm temperatures.

Personality: Devon thinks a lot, and I mean a lot. Being a 'multi-cultured' boy allows him to see things in different perspectives, normally a positive side and a negative side. This allows Devon to stay in the gray area while watching all the action. Furthermore, he can easily identify and determine whether a specific action is worth it or not which aids him greatly when it comes to making decisions. However, all this would make him paranoid from time to time, striking unnecessary fear about making wrong choices straight into his heart. Fortunate for him, though, he has a fairly strong conscience and instinct acting as his backup, allowing him to carry on with his sense of justice and equality (something he needs to emphasize on; you do not want to argue about justice and unfair situations).

Action wise, Devon isn't the sporty type. Sure, he can run, but if he doesn't have to, he surely wouldn't. As a more 'spiritual' person, he needs his privacy from time to time, giving him a chance to meditate and calm his mind in attempt to set a barrier against the frustrating events around him. Love is something glorious in Devon's mind, and he's still trying to find 'the one'...but to no avail, unfortunately. Either way, he's generally a considerate and calm trainer - an important asset to any team out there that's waiting for his arrival.

History: When you look at Devon's innocent and truth-seeking smile, you would never have expected that he spent his childhood in one of the most depression towns in the entire Pokemon universe. Indeed, he was born in Lavender Town, an area full of death and woe (at least, before the big renovation, which hadn't happened during his childhood). As a young child, Devon was pretty much what he is now - a seeker of truth and fairness between two individuals, a supporter and listener that was willing to help almost anyone in town. However, kids his age knew about that and took advantage of him, causing young Devon to suffer from bullying. That large scar on his left arm was one of the remaining evidence of his past life, acting as reminder of how much he had once suffered because of inconsiderate people. During that time, he was sad, depressed even, knowing that it wasn't fair that he was being bullied only because he was caring for others.

To make it worse, his mother died shortly after the beginning of his childhood misery, creating a large, emotionless void in Devon's heart.

That soon changed though when his father acknowledged his son's condition and decided to move him to somewhere better - the Novia region at the age of nine. There, Devon was able to meet new friends (and even a crush though that didn't work out TOO well at the end~) that were happy to mend the scars not only on his skin but also in his heart. Now, with an attitude that was almost as cheerful as he had been before, the young trainer is finally ready to embark himself on the adventure of his life.

Chosen Starter: Devon is lucky enough to get his hands on a playful male Litwick named Kindle, which is more than delighted to be his guiding light in the dark. However, there are quite a number of differences between the trainer and the trained. First of all, Kindle, still a young Litwick, is almost forever playful and not moody like Devon. Secondly, Kindle acts as Devon's instincts from time to time, making quick decisions when he can't. However, both of them are equally as considerate when they need to be, and they would never refuse to aid one another, even if it means blowing off the 'light' on a little candle's head.

Any other info: Though psychic and ghost types SEEM to be his favorite, it's actually Fighting or Grass.

Last edited:
Years
Accepted. A very well written and interesting character.

@Yoshi - I have had to remove your reservation for eevee but you are still welcome to Sign-Up.

We need more female characters xD

Last edited:
Years
There is no real "story" right now except that of the journey (not every trainer can save the world haha) but it is quite possible an interesting sub-plot (other than your own personal development etc) could develop.

We start as soon as the IC thread is accepted by Skymin.

There is a list of pokemon you can catch both within Coriolis and on Route 1 in the original post and I'm going to say that these pokemon shouldn't have moves that are too powerful and can only know three when caught, what they have (as long as they can learn it in the games) is entirely up to you though. Remember not to go any further than route one or very near Dew town in chapter one.

Any other questions?

Edit: It has recently come to my attention that there is a serious flaw in the mechanics of catching wild pokemon at this point in time so I will be making a small change. You can feel free to encounter as many wild pokemon as you like but some set rules for captures and encounters really need to be in place. These rules are below

1. You may encounter any of the evolutionary relatives of the pokemon listed as available in each route but only the pokemon listed may be caught.
2. The success of your capture will be determined by the GM (me) based on a few criteria such as post detail.
3. The moves of captured pokemon will also be determined by the GM (still me).
4. You may describe it's gender and personality in any way you choose.
5. Shiny pokemon will not be able to be captured UNLESS the opportunity is presented as a special event.

If you have any concerns at all about this method you can feel free to raise them but I feel as though this is a necessity for the RP in order to keep it fair whilst still keeping the focus on the players freedom.

Last edited:
Years
Anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks. It really just depends on when the moderator has time to go through all the submitted RPs. Should be up fairly soon though :)

Back