• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen $Money Topic$

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
They're technically pokemon dollars, but regardless. It makes the pokemon world go 'round. In any case, there are some ways of making quick money in pokemon, but usually, we get pokemon dollars as prize money from trainers. There are other ways to make money, like, selling various items to get quick pokemon dollars too.

Now, here we are in X&Y. For the sake of discussion, I'll make a list of questions to think about, but, you don't have to answer every one!

In any case...

• How should us trainers make our fortunes this time?
  • Could there be possibly more ways of making money?
  • Speaking of which, how easy do you think it will be to make money in X&Y? Should it be just as easy as Gen V?
  • Do you think that the region in this generation will be financially wealthier than the previous generations?
  • Do you have any other thoughts?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Honestly as long as you're playing through the game normally and not losing TOO much, you never really have money issues. I don't think any generation has made it easier to gain money than the last, but I don't really think the way we make it should change. As far as other ways, as much as I'd like it to stay the same, I guess I could see maybe a profession system, where you take on a job like fisherman, and fish and give the catch to people for money?

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I guess I could see maybe a profession system, where you take on a job like fisherman, and fish and give the catch to people for money?

This would be pretty cool, could be a fun way to earn some extra ca$h.
But as has been mentioned before, it's hard to find yourself in any money troubles, especially in Gen5.
I'm pretty sure the new Region will be at least as wealthy as Unova...the trailer showed a pretty nice street with
the Eiffel Tower in the background, which basicallly screams Glamour and Wealth

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
More Pokemon with Payday or a new version of it~ Easy way to make money. I don't really see them giving characters actual jobs due to possible character age and the aspect being frowned upon outside of Japan. So more attacks or items to increase money seems the only likely way to go.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I'm pretty much leaning for the addition of more treasure items (ie nuggets and silver accessories) so that you can sell them for very high prices. Then again, when I think about France, and their love of art, perhaps art can be another way to earn money -- let's say you've helped a painter get inspiration to paint something, or, you, yourself draw something on the touch screen and the little doodle you made can be called "art". Perhaps you can sell that art piece, and get money, depending on how much it's liked?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Selling art doesn't really sound that fun. If we had to choose I -would- go with finding treasures to make more money. XD;

Guy

just a guy
Years
Let's face it, Unova has a flourishing economy which is ironic given the state of the America's economy right now. I don't know if this new region will be as economically wealthy, but I do find the idea of selling art intriguing. With the way Miss Doronjo explained it, it would add a bit of extra hands on activity within the games and earn us money too. I would say that's a win/win in my opinion.

blue

gucci
Years
I never go all out to get the maximum amount of cash the game has to offer, I get my money from winning battles, selling items occasional and just generally progressing through the game. I've never really had many issues with money problems, maybe at the start of the game when I need to buy more Pokeballs but aside from that, trainer battles fuel enough money into the game alone imo.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
I thought that Gen V was a bit too wealthy compared to the other generations, especially when you pack an Amulet Coin along with the fact that you can battle the trainers at the Nimbasa City Stadiums every day.

As far as other ways, as much as I'd like it to stay the same, I guess I could see maybe a profession system, where you take on a job like fisherman, and fish and give the catch to people for money?

That's not a bad idea for a "mini-mission", but I've thought of another idea for making money which is a little similar.

Imagine that there's a poke-ornament shop, and that there's a manager who would like the trainer to give different ornaments out of a certain Pokemon to several members of the public. When the trainer completes each role, the manager offers him/her some prize money or another kind of reward. I hope that makes sense. :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2023
Heres how to make a fourtine:
Battle the elite 4 over and over.
And get free XP to :D.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Heres how to make a fourtine:
Battle the elite 4 over and over.
And get free XP to :D.

If that's the only method then I'm totally okay with that. It was a great way to make money and that's the only way I wouldn't mind because at least children will learn to balance their money better lmao.

Back