• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[R/B/Y/G/S/C] Scramble Challenge

jujuju

The Guelah Papyrus
Years
I was looking through the forum and found a Scramble challenge for the third generation and thought that I would like to do one of these for the earlier games, so here it is.

The rules are basically exactly the same as the third generation challenge:
Other posters will decide which pokemon you will use throughout the game as well as any restrictions on the pokemon's moveset or evolutions.
You cannot give a person any legendary pokemon or any useless pokemon such as a magikarp that cannot evolve or a ditto.
Emulators are allowed, however you cannot use any cheating device to catch certain pokemon. (You can speed up the game if you wish)
If you sign up for this challenge make sure to give pokemon to any previous challenger in need of another pokemon.
Please do not give out pokemon unless you plan on joining this challenge.
No trading unless you need to evolve a certain pokemon.
HM Slaves are allowed except you cannot use them in battle under any circumstances.
You may only use pokemon given to you by another user.
Update as often as you can.
The challenge is over for R/B/Y after you beat the elite four.
The challenge is over for G/S/C after you beat Red.
You can use your starting pokemon until you are able to obtain your first pokemon.
Have Fun!

The sign up form looks like this:
User Name:
In-Game Name:
Version:
Number of Pokemon you want to receive:
Any restrictions you do not want:

My name will be Jack, I will use the Gold version, I want 4 pokemon and I am open for anything

Current Challengers:
Suicune, HaloSonic, Seal, Ober(4 Badges), Jarate, Urwaldbewohner, Bustin(3 Badges), Leophard, Socrotas, WeightyWillBill, ConnorV, xDaisuke0

Completed:
Jujuju, Actshon

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
Okay yeah, I'll give it ago, :P

User Name: Suicune
In-Game Name: Joe
Version: Yellow
Number of Pokemon you want to receive:
Any restrictions you do not want: Go easy on what restrictions you set, no Magikarps or no Legenderies & I like fighting & Poison types :)

Sydian, I'll give you Chikorita (you must choose Chikorita as your starter), you can't evolve it untill you defeat Bugsy, you must keep Growl untill you obtain your 7th Badge

jujuju

The Guelah Papyrus
Years
Suicune how many pokemon do you want?
Anyway, I will give you a Drowzee>Hypno and you have to always have Disable.

Years
hey Jujuju, I give you a Typhlosion, Haunter, Furret and Wigglytuff and hence the pre-evolved forms.

Im doing Crystal... not too sure what I want tho. nothing ridiculous, however.

jujuju

The Guelah Papyrus
Years
Thanks HaloSonic, I'll get on that right away.
I will start off by giving you a Raticate that must always have both Super Fang and Hyper Fang (when you learn them)

`MorningSun

Blahblahblah...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 15, 2015
User Name: `MorningSun
In-Game Name: Morning
Version: Emerald
No. of Pokemon you want to receive: ~4
Any restrictions you do not want: As said in previous posts nothing ridiculous.

blue

gucci
Years
Suicune how many pokemon do you want?
Anyway, I will give you a Drowzee>Hypno and you have to always have Disable.

Oh Yeah, I forgot, I'll have 4

and if youve still got room for one more I'll give you.. Pikachu, it must ALWAYS know tail whip and you can't evolve it untill you get your 6th Badge

User Name: `MorningSun
In-Game Name: Morning
Version: Emerald
No. of Pokemon you want to receive: ~4
Any restrictions you do not want: As said in previous posts nothing ridiculous.

The game can only be R/B/Y & G/C/S,
I'll give you slowpoke, you must always keep water gun & you must evolve it at level 42 to Slowbro(If you are playing R/B/Y) OR slowking (If you are playing G/S/C)

hey Jujuju, I give you a Typhlosion, Haunter, Furret and Wigglytuff and hence the pre-evolved forms.

Im doing Crystal... not too sure what I want tho. nothing ridiculous, however.

Halo, I'll give you.. Geodude, you must ALWAYS keep defense curl and you can evolve it once you receive your 5th Badge

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2013
I'll join using Silver. I'll want 6 Pokemon

Suicune you can have a Machamp, Golem and Alakazam, and naturally their pre-evolved forms.

11wildy

Me!
Years
I'll join using Silver. I'll want 6 Pokemon

Suicune you can have a Machamp, Golem and Alakazam, and naturally their pre-evolved forms.

You, can have the mighty Pidgey.

Cannot know a Steel or Ground type move. Can evolve after killing a trainer electric type pokemon, and then again after a rock type.

jujuju

The Guelah Papyrus
Years
You, can have the mighty Pidgey.

Cannot know a Steel or Ground type move. Can evolve after killing a trainer electric type pokemon, and then again after a rock type.

I ask you to please join this challenge before giving pokemon to other people. If you want to compete in this challenge then you can feel free to give out whichever pokemon you choose.

suicune said:
and if youve still got room for one more I'll give you.. Pikachu, it must ALWAYS know tail whip and you can't evolve it untill you get your 6th Badge

I'm using the gold version so I will not be able to catch a pikachu that early in the game

Seal, i'll start off by giving you a Goldeen-Seaking that can't learn waterfall
MorningSun, if you still want to do this challenge using R/B/Y/G/S/C then I will give you a Zubat-Golbat-Crobat

I plan on starting this challenge tomorrow with my team of Typhlosion, Haunter, Furret and Wigglytuff

Last edited:

jujuju

The Guelah Papyrus
Years
Oh right, i'll give you Hoothoot then, it must always know Hypnosis and can't evolve till level 27

All right, I accept the hoothoot which will finalize my team.

HaloSonic said:
Can I evolve this into a Gengar?

Quick Update:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

AnjinMiura_PL

Challenger Extraordinaire (?)
Years
User Name: Ober
In-Game Name: Ober
Version: Pokemon Crystal
Number of Pokemon you want to receive: 4
Any restrictions you do not want: It's my first time, but I would like to have some problems - so do not bother, I would like to do many things ;DD

blue

gucci
Years
Any restrictions you do not want: It's my first time, but I would like to have some problems - so do not bother, I would like to do many things ;DD

Mareep, you can evolve it into Flaaffy once it reaches level 25 then Ampharos at 35, you must keep thunder wave through the whole game

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2013
How about a Bellsprout, you can ebolve it naturally

(still waiting for 3 more Pokemon)

AnjinMiura_PL

Years
So, do we give a challenges each other? One Pokemon for one Pokemon?

@Seal

Bellsprout again...no problem.

But, if I can give a challenge to you - I want you to do something reaaal cool...but let me guess...
Yeah, I have something. Exeggcute. You must catch them after your 2nd fight with your rival in Azalea. You can use Leaf Stone only, if Exeggcute > Lvl 50.
If it's too strange, or too hard just tell me ;) I will fix it quick.

So, I should wait for 2 next Pkmn now, and start game after that, right? And also, can I use other Pokemons, which aren't included in challenge (f.e to use HMs.)

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2013
Ok an Exeggcute that can only be caught after ny rival's second battle.

Ober, you can have a Seel (well I'm called Seal for a reason) and it can only evolve into Dewgong after Level 50

(still waiting for two more Pokemon.)

AnjinMiura_PL

Years
Whirl Islands are so far in the game - and that is the challenge ;)

So Seal, if I can give you one more complicated challenge too...

Magmar. You'll play Silver, so Magmar will wait for you...you know where, I do not want to make your challenge too easy ;D Take him, hold him, love him, and hold his Ember until you met your rival at Victory Road ;)

Back