• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dissapointment Factor

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Well, this has been a series of thoughts of mine, but... what are some of the basic disappointments you had with certain video games? newly video games? Or, do you have a general disappointment with What do you think could of been better for those disappointments you had?

For example, for one thing, I was sort of upset that you couldn't use the circle pad when playing Blazblue: Continnum Shift II for the 3DS. I mean, as a fighting game, I found it very awkward to use the D-Pad to try and perform moves and combos. Ugh. I mean, Street Fighter 4 3D used the Circle Pad, no? Why couldn't Blazblue?

Years
I will be honest, The recent Call Of Duty games. I truly do not get why these games are so special other then they are a social network.

Yes I know it is just a run and gun game to play with your friends online but I feel every game as of recent has just but a cut and paste of the other games and I feel it is a waste of Money.

Those are just my two cents on why I think COD is disappointing.

Years
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. 2002 graphics just don't cut it anymore. So is mapping an analog stick onto a D-pad. It's my most regretted purchase of probably all-time. Should've gotten an eShop card and waited for Pikmin 3.

A more minor disappointment is Pokemon X. It feels a bit rushed with the framerate drops, glitches and whatnot. Also, the lack of 3D. THE LACK OF 3D. They aren't even trying anymore.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Every Pokémon game after Generation 3. But before Emerald. The current games hold your hand through everything.

At some point, GameFreak thought it's fans and players are incapable of reading a map, battling and just playing the game in general. It's become pretty intolerable. I remember when you weren't forced to talk to the Gym Buffs at the beginning of Gyms and them giving you a water. Truly a shame how the series has come about.

Still love Pokémon. But it's no fun when a NPC comes out of nowhere and force feeds you information that should be obvious after 3 Generations.

TY

Minecraft. I mean its pretty cool to make everything you want, but it just lacked the things that would make it a awesome game. I got bored after 30 mins and stopped forever as i just did nothing else but chopping trees and killing a spider every once in a while...

Reactions: T!M
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
When playing Battlefield, you are permitted to speak to other players if you have a set of headphones. But for some reason though, whatever you say cannot be heard clearly, regardless of how good your headphones are. This annoys me quite a bit, and is one of the main reasons why I've abandoned it for Call of Duty. Call of Duty is great, as it has a ton of combat modes, a good multiplayer experience, and its gameplay style is pretty fast-paced and heart-pumping, unlike Battlefield. One thing that I don't like about it, though, is its servers. The servers are clearly not dedicated, since they always make you lag and give random disconnections. If they had spent a little more money on making their servers more stable, then I'm sure a lot of fans would be happy, including myself. d:

Also, in Grand Theft Auto, cars get destroyed quite easily—I don't like that. xD I like to drive fast. When I do, I always crash into something, which ends up obliterating my car completely. It would've been quite nice if they had allowed us to equip our cars with hard-covered shells or something, which would reduce the damage whenever we crashed.

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2017
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. 2002 graphics just don't cut it anymore. So is mapping an analog stick onto a D-pad. It's my most regretted purchase of probably all-time. Should've gotten an eShop card and waited for Pikmin 3.
What's funny is I had exactly the reverse situation. I could not for the life of me get into Pikmin 3, but I have about 200 hours logged into Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and love it. I don't care if the graphics are awful, the actual gameplay is fantastic.

I was really disappointed with Sonic Adventure 2. When I got around to play the PC port I found it a clunky mess with a bad story and a bat with breasts attached. Classy.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 30, 2013
Minecraft. I mean its pretty cool to make everything you want, but it just lacked the things that would make it a awesome game. I got bored after 30 mins and stopped forever as i just did nothing else but chopping trees and killing a spider every once in a while...

Minecraft really is what you make of it. If you can get a solid group of friends together playing on a server then it can be great fun. Personally I prefer playing modpacks for Minecraft as it opens up a whole new branch of crafting and technology that makes me actively research and keeps me very engaged.

Personally however my biggest disappointment is Microsoft aquiring Rare, letting them make 1 Banjo game (Nuts and Bolts) which was meant as a test of the engine to then create a proper platformer, but then telling Rare to shelve all their games and forcing them to work solely on Kinect titles. I WANT A NEW BANJO GAME DAMNIT!

TY

Minecraft really is what you make of it. If you can get a solid group of friends together playing on a server then it can be great fun. Personally I prefer playing modpacks for Minecraft as it opens up a whole new branch of crafting and technology that makes me actively research and keeps me very engaged.

Well i never was able to get modpacks active so that explains why i got bored so easily xD

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2013
Biggest disappointment ever was Xenogears hands down. First 60% of game was incredible then squaresoft managed to **** it up beyond recognition.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
The fact that Resident Evil 4 was awesome, yet 5 (not completely) and 6 blew.
You already had a good thing going Capcom, why u no keep same if not broke?!

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Paper Mario Sticker Star not being a pure RPG but a plotless... thing I can't begin to describe. Battle system was too complex, almost all puzzles (and half the boss battles!) were Soup Cans, and the charm from the previous entries in the series was gone. Only thing they did right was finally integrating the paper factor as a gameplay element.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
You already had a good thing going Capcom, why u no keep same if not broke?!

Excuse the game industry for doing what it does best. Taking risks and trying things different. If you're a "gamer" who expects the same thing every time, then you're bound to be disappointed every time a new installation to a series you play comes out and you really shouldn't be playing video games. This is the life a true gamer.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
One of the biggest disappointments in my life was that you couldn't use the D-pad for Mario Kart 7. Seriously? My thumb kept rotating and pushing the analog stick halfway. So much for those tight corners. Don't get me wrong, I still kick butt, but not as much butt as I could be kicking. :(

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
Years
Battlefield 3. I was stoked for it after playing Bad Company 2 and just fell in love with that. Battlefield 3 immediately felt like either a series undergoing a cringe-worthy identity crisis or one that just didn't care anymore.

Sonic 2006. This was the reason I wanted a 360 for the holidays. It was hyped up by Sega as the series' return to form, but it wound up being one of the worst 3D outings ever made by Sonic Team, as it was rushed like crazy.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
Excuse the game industry for doing what it does best. Taking risks and trying things different. If you're a "gamer" who expects the same thing every time, then you're bound to be disappointed every time a new installation to a series you play comes out and you really shouldn't be playing video games. This is the life a true gamer.
I completely agree with you, however I personally feel that changing the games genre is a bit of an extreme. Although I'm not judging these games on how scary they are to determine their genre because as much as survival horror is about the fear factor, it's more about the game mechanics. I feel that a game like Resident Evil, being survival horror, should always have more horror elements than action elements no matter what is changed. There are certain Pokémon games I like better than others, but they all allow you to talk to people since it's a RPG. If they removed this feature and just had trainers walk up to you and start a battle, wouldn't you be upset? They can add as many items and Pokémon as they want, but dialogue with characters is a staple of RPG's so it shouldn't be removed. If Resident Evil 7 is a hack and slash game and I like it, I'll like it because it's a new game entirely, because Resident Evil as a survival horror video game would have been killed.

Reactions: T!M
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 6, 2013
Sonic 2006. This was the reason I wanted a 360 for the holidays. It was hyped up by Sega as the series' return to form, but it wound up being one of the worst 3D outings ever made by Sonic Team, as it was rushed like crazy.

One of the biggest things that upsets me about Sonic 06 is the fact that it could have been good if they had actually given two ****s. I enjoyed the fact that Shadow actually showed development as a character and wasn't a one-hedgehog pity party anymore, I liked the look of some of the levels, and the music was by far the only thing that should be remembered of this horrible game (I especially liked the character themes and the Crisis City theme). Let's face it, Sonic Generations turned Crisis City into an enjoyable level, I think if Sonic Team actually put in the effort, they could make Sonic '06 not suck. But they didn't, and it does.

Back