• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any any1 describe Paul's/Shinji Nature/personality?

BlueLucario

Cool trainer.
Years
I watch pokemon D/P. and when I first saw paul, I liked his attitude. pretty cool.

But, I'm planning on making a manga about a person, who has to have the exact same nature as Paul. I'm sorry it's very hard to describe it. Can you guys help me?

What's paul's personality like? What would he be like if he were on a date? Do youy think he should have a girlfriend? (hehehehe)

please describe his nature!!

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
Years
Most characters in the anime can be described by one or two word archetypes.

Ash: Overambitious idiot
Dawn: Token female
Brock: Pervy sage
Jessie: Evil chick
James: Girly man
Meowth: That thing with the really frickin' annoying voice.

And Paul: Total d*ck.

BlueLucario

Cool trainer.
Years
Most characters in the anime can be described by one or two word archetypes.

Ash: Overambitious idiot(He acts like a little kid)
Dawn: Token female ( I don't like her)
Brock: Pervy sage (Let's hook him with Jiraiya)
Jessie: Evil chick ( Hate her!)
James: Girly man ( He's GAY?!)
Meowth: That thing with the really frickin' annoying voice. (Ya, i know)

And Paul: Total d*ck.

I mean like how do you describe paul? Is he shady or somthing?

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
Years
No, I'm not kidding, I kinda like paul, but it's very hard to describe him in adjectives.

Fine...

Mean
Jerk
Selfish
Unlikeable
Ash's foil

That's seriously everything there is to Paul. He's made to be entirely unlikeable, no matter how unrealistic his character is. It's a children's show, making believable characters isn't the first priority.

BlueLucario

Cool trainer.
Years
Fine...

Mean
Jerk
Selfish
Unlikeable
Ash's foil

That's seriously everything there is to Paul. He's made to be entirely unlikeable, no matter how unrealistic his character is. It's a children's show, making believable characters isn't the first priority.

Great ^_^. I'm still crying about what happened to chimchar,crying right now.

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
Years
I watch pokemon D/P. and when I first saw paul, I liked his attitude. pretty cool.

But, I'm planning on making a manga about a person, who has to have the exact same nature as Paul. I'm sorry it's very hard to describe it. Can you guys help me?

What's paul's personality like? What would he be like if he were on a date? Do youy think he should have a girlfriend? (hehehehe)

please describe his nature!!

I can apply paul to a new theises I'm working on for n00bs
he is a n00b
if its hard to catch then it must be powerful
which is why i think noobs use ubers,
he is also
arragoant
a jerky peace of jerky :)
the list goes on

BlueLucario

Cool trainer.
Years
I can apply paul to a new theises I'm working on for n00bs
he is a n00b
if its hard to catch then it must be powerful
which is why i think noobs use ubers,
he is also
arragoant
a jerky peace of jerky :)
the list goes on

Paul in a single word: <censored>.

Enjoy

LOL, hahahahahaha. But, I feel so bad for that poor little chimchar, it's just a baby, you cant expect it to be strong!

I didnt think you guys would dislike paul. I kinda like him, he's a much better trainer than ash, I hate Ash. I dont like people who brag.

Elusive

]]~~~[[
Years
Paul just wants the strongest and releases the weak, who if trained properly, could be very powerful. Paul is ignorant.

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
Years
Paul just wants the strongest and releases the weak, who if trained properly, could be very powerful. Paul is ignorant.

now doeesn't that sound like the average n00b, I don't wantt magikarp because it sucks, but when evovled gyarados is one of the dtrongest pokes

Elusive

]]~~~[[
Years
Yeah, really. Paul doesn't even bat an eye when he releases a Pokemon. "It was weak". Um...all Pokemon are when they first start out (not counting legendaries). You have to work at it and make it stronger through the training. That's the fun of Pokemon. Watching it grow and get stronger.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
Years
I didnt think you guys would dislike paul. I kinda like him, he's a much better trainer than ash, I hate Ash. I dont like people who brag.

Of course he's a better trainer than Ash. A retarded monkey is a better trainer than Ash. It's the main reason that I wish the anime was about Red from Poke Special. Now he's a badass trainer. Actually, pretty much everyone in Special is a good trainer...

Look, Paul was made to be an unlikeable character. He's an uncaring selfish jerk who cares only for himself, and he's so one-dimensional that even the aforementioned description would be reading too much into his character.

And that is why I don't watch the anime.

EDIT:
Yeah, really. Paul doesn't even bat an eye when he releases a Pokemon. "It was weak". Um...all Pokemon are when they first start out (not counting legendaries). You have to work at it and make it stronger through the training. That's the fun of Pokemon. Watching it grow and get stronger.

Actually, some Pokemon are just plain screwed to start out with. You can't tell me that an Adamant Abra with 0 Speed and SpAtk IVs has any hope as a battler.

BlueLucario

Cool trainer.
Years

Did paul already tried training chimchar? Then chimchar wasnt really getting any better?

Elusive

]]~~~[[
Years
You want to know why Chimchar continued to suck? His trainer. Chimchar was depressed and just had no will to fight for Paul. I am sure we'll see that change with Chimchar fighting for Ash.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
Years
Not to mention Paul fails as a trainer. I mean, seriously, using Dig on an Onyx that probably knows Earthquake? Uh, no.

Not saying Ash is any better. Iron Tail fails, and Aipom can't Focus Punch without a sub (just like everyone else).

Back