• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Amethyst

What name is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
I'm in favor of fakemon if they look good, always have been. :P

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
Years
Everything looks really professional and tidy, the sprites, story and all of it looks great..
I'm going to vote for Fakemon as long as they are as professional as the hack looks so far..
I have seen your fakemon and they look good.
Hope you finish this hack, i will be keeping an eye on it, maybe play the beta \^.^/

~Thank-you

~Kian

marcc5m

what
Years
imo fakemon ruins the game.

Like I said, they aren't compulsory. The only way you'll ever see them is if you actually go out and try to get them. Otherwise, just ignore them. No Trainers will use them and they won't be around for a while anyway. If I don't put them in then all the people who want them lose out, but either way the people who don't want them don't lose out at all. However, if more people turn out to be in favour of not having them, they won't be inserted.
Personally, I'd rather have them because it gives the player more to do, even if they don't plan on using them.
Also, I'm thinking of making it so that you choose the name for some of the Fakemon, kinda like you're the first person to discover it.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016

Update.
...Kinda. Just a few things I changed, such as the mountains and one of the font colours. I also slightly remapped the first route (had to, different tree style from before lol).
DarkGreyV2_04-6.png
DarkGreyV2_05-4.png
DarkGreyV2_06-4.png

Also...I am not going to reveal the starters. At all. You'll have to wait for the first beta to find out what they are ;)
However,like I said, they are indeed actual starters from an official game.

I really like the looks of this game. I cant believe I havent posted here before. I love the way the trees look, well the tiles in general. The overworlds also blend very nicely with the enviroment. I think I know the starters too. With that hint you gave? ;) I also think you shouold add those fakemon, as long as they look good!

marcc5m

what
Years
The tree doesn't match the style of the other tiles or the OW's, change the colorscheme a bit, and make some overlap the bridge, that's all the crit, so good luck, everything looks good so far

Thanks.
Scroll down ;)

I'm in favor of fakemon if they look good, always have been. :P

Me too :D

Everything looks really professional and tidy, the sprites, story and all of it looks great..
I'm going to vote for Fakemon as long as they are as professional as the hack looks so far..
I have seen your fakemon and they look good.
Hope you finish this hack, i will be keeping an eye on it, maybe play the beta \^.^/

~Thank-you

~Kian

From what I looked at in the screenies...it looks mighty fine to me.

Uh, I really like the character design you made for the main trainer.

I never designed the main character though lol, I saw a public sprite on WAH, and said to myself "hey, if I recolour that as grey, it'll be perfect!" I now realise the sprite is not actually perfect though so that'll be redone but the design won't.

I really like the looks of this game. I cant believe I havent posted here before. I love the way the trees look, well the tiles in general. The overworlds also blend very nicely with the enviroment. I think I know the starters too. With that hint you gave? ;) I also think you shouold add those fakemon, as long as they look good!

And there may have been a hint...somewhere ;)

Update.
DarkGrey_03.png
DarkGrey_05.png
DarkGrey_04-1.png

This update would've been longer had a certain script not decided to f up. For those who are too lazy to shift there eyes up a little bit, I inserted new cave tiles, fixed the Gym up a little and replaced Volt Tackle with Wild Charge.

tehGDS

Grape Soda wut?
Years
Lol Volt tackle became wild charge, um the rogenrola needs work, and sort of add more road tiles near the tree, and make it look like the's a shadow under the bridge by making the transition smooth, I couldn't tell what the shadow was, nor the OW's until I looked again, so only fix this and the starly also needs to have a change, it doesn't look like a Starly anymore, it's too small, well I applaud you for trying to make it look real.. well that's it

Other than this, here's things I like the Main OW, the tree, the sync of tiles of bridge and tree, and the bug catcher OW

marcc5m

what
Years
Lol Volt tackle became wild charge, um the rogenrola needs work, and sort of add more road tiles near the tree, and make it look like the's a shadow under the bridge by making the transition smooth, I couldn't tell what the shadow was, nor the OW's until I looked again, so only fix this and well good luck :)

What road it's a Gym. Lol.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Update.
DarkGrey_03.png
DarkGrey_05.png
DarkGrey_04-1.png

This update would've been longer had a certain script not decided to f up. For those who are too lazy to shift there eyes up a little bit, I inserted new cave tiles, fixed the Gym up a little and replaced Volt Tackle with Wild Charge.

Is that a Roggenrola in the first screenshot? If so, then lol.

Anyway, the cave and gym tiles are looking very nice, but I think Starly's sprite is too small - I mean, it looks seriously tiny. Good work and all that jazz :P

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2013
This looks awesome so far. If you add fakemons, i would suggest you making good ones. Fakemons for me, makes the game more interesting. Gives you more pokemon to catch, and is always a better change to have different pokemon to use then the regular ones.

marcc5m

what
Years
Is that a Roggenrola in the first screenshot? If so, then lol.

Anyway, the cave and gym tiles are looking very nice, but I think Starly's sprite is too small - I mean, it looks seriously tiny. Good work and all that jazz :P

Ya Roggy.
Thanks. But tiny birds must be tiny to be tiny.
Thankz.

This looks awesome so far. If you add fakemons, i would suggest you making good ones. Fakemons for me, makes the game more interesting. Gives you more pokemon to catch, and is always a better change to have different pokemon to use then the regular ones.

Thankz.

I'm just curious, but why am I in the credits?

Idk I think it was a few sprites I used for your resizing project. Idk if I'm still using them though.

DarkGrey_04-1.png
50-bea4.png

Familiarity anyone? XD
Feel free to keep it as it is, though. It's not like it has copyrights reserved or something.
:)

Lol, I only noticed that a while after making my Gym xD

good tiles and such and your scripts are great!
btw *off topic*
what if more people vote against you smell? :D

Thankz.
Then I need a bath :(

Horrific Update.

My Mum deleted all of the Pokemon stuff from my desktop and pictures folder. Guess what? DarkGrey's folder(along with my other hack's folder) was on my desktop.
So yes, my hack has been deleted. Don't worry though, because I still have a patch of my ROM somewhere. However, I'm not sure how much there is. I don't think I really did much other than insert a few overworlds (which weren't too hard to make tbh), insert a few sprites and insert a few tiles (OK, now that will take a while to fix). So yeah, hack delayed for a while I guess. :\

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Horrific Update.

My Mum deleted all of the Pokemon stuff from my desktop and pictures folder. Guess what? DarkGrey's folder(along with my other hack's folder) was on my desktop.
So yes, my hack has been deleted. Don't worry though, because I still have a patch of my ROM somewhere. However, I'm not sure how much there is. I don't think I really did much other than insert a few overworlds (which weren't too hard to make tbh), insert a few sprites and insert a few tiles (OK, now that will take a while to fix). So yeah, hack delayed for a while I guess. :\
...How frustrating is that. :\

Omega Zero

Is back...
Years
Would you not have all your things in the recycle bin? or did she delete that too?
if so that must've sucked my parents never delete my stuff "probs cause i have my own pc" or i rant about it for months and they get sick of it, hope you get everything back to how it was.

marcc5m

what
Years
Would you not have all your things in the recycle bin? or did she delete that too?
if so that must've sucked my parents never delete my stuff "probs cause i have my own pc" or i rant about it for months and they get sick of it, hope you get everything back to how it was.

Yup, recycling bin too.
And it was my own.
You're 400th post was in my thread...That is so cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back