• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Device: Disappointments You'd Change or Remove

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Let's say that I, Doronjo, created a device. Now, this device will allow you to manipulate, or erase one thing that has been officially confirmed to Pokemon X, and Pokemon Y. If you don't remember what has been revealed, refer to the Pokemon News Summary.

Now, basically, with this device, you can basically change or erase anything that as disappointed you so far, and anything that needs improvement. So, with this device, what sorts of things revealed, or basically related in Pokemon X and Pokemon Y that has disappointed you so far, that you would erase or change? What would you change to improve on them? As more disappoints you'd have come over the time more info of these games have been revealed, you can add them here too.

Last edited:

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
The biggest thing I would remove from pokemon X and Y is the awful decision to make the game after pokemon which look like letters, to sum up I would get rid of the X and Y. To me making 2 Pokemon after letters is really stupid move, I know we already have Unknown but that is more of a novelty pokemon rather than anything to care about.

In my opinion the two new legendaries don't look all that legendary to me instead they look sort of like cheap rip offs of previous pokemon. I am not going to go into more about how I hate the look of the new pokemon because that isn't what this thread is about..

But yeah I would remove the whole X and Y concept completely.

Sirfetch’d

Sylveon. I am not saying that Sylveon is awful or anything, but to me so far is the least exciting thing revealed. I feel it was revealed with too little information which has lead to so much speculation and just made it a little less enjoyable. And it may just be that it is too early and I have not grown to like it's design, but yeah. I would have maybe delayed the release of Sylveon.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Froakie. Oh god it's such an ugly looking thing, and I honestly just don't want it as a starter Pokémon. Compared to Chespin and Fennekin it looks like it should be some random trio that you find later in the game (kind of like the Poliwag line), not really a starter. That might just be my bias for the other two starters, but I want it to be hit by a Leaf Storm burned with fire.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
There was nothing particularly disappointing for me, but if I could remove something it'd honestly be Froakie. Its design, I didn't really like it sort of looked out of place you know? It felt more like a baby evolution to Seismitoad honestly and it didn't really have the looks of a starter. I don't know, I just didn't like it,even though it does look pretty cute I'd probably change it completely or get rid of it. :P

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
There was nothing particularly disappointing for me, but if I could remove something it'd honestly be Froakie. Its design, I didn't really like it sort of looked out of place you know? It felt more like a baby evolution to Seismitoad honestly and it didn't really have the looks of a starter. I don't know, I just didn't like it,even though it does look pretty cute I'd probably change it completely or get rid of it. :P
I'd do the same with Chespin.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I would remove uhhh yeah probably Froakie too :( I like the others much more and I think htere's more potential for water starters ;;

Yazzo

Bad Egg
Years
THE GRAPHICS!

Look ,the pokemon Pearl/Diamond/Platinum games had great graphics and I loved it, and then came Black & White.. the graphics (outside of combat) was extremely pixelated and was no fun to play in compared to the previous games. I thought maybe they'd keep the graphics they had on Black and bring them over to the 3ds to fix the pixelated graphics, but while that would be the best thing to do, they choose to exploit the 3ds' functions and make an even more advanced graphics engine. This makes the X & Y games just as pixelated as the Black & White ones, and is no fun to play!

I agree the new X & Y looks awesome, but the outside of combat graphics are just too bad. I'm in no way a person that thinks graphics is everything in any way, but open your eyes, people, graphics DOES matter when it comes to being able to see what is going on.. I'd play Minecraft, but not if it had the pokemon X & Y's or Black & White's graphics, because it would be too damn pixelated for me to live with.

If I had that device I would force the game to downgrade its graphics to the Diamond & Pearl graphics or most preferably the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald graphics. Other than that, I'd change the way the silly new legendaries look. I'm still really looking forward to the game and see what happends, after all, I've only seen like 5 seconds of gameplay from it, so it may not be as bad as I think.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Fennekin. Its design is fairly boring and highly disappointing. Its fairly unappealing looks wise. I mean why not just make Vulpix the starter instead of wasting data space? So much more potential for a Fire starter.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
I'd change the male protagonist (I'll call him Xander for now), as he looks too much like Hilbert from Black and White (wonder if there's any significance?). The female protagonist (I'll call her Yolanda) looks okay, though.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Personally, I'd change the male protagonists's design. It just seems so... generic compared with the other male designs throughout the pokemon games. He does resemble Hilbert and the male protagonist from B2W2 quite a bit, so, I'd change the color scheme at least? And his whole wardrobe; I'd go with more casual outfits, tbh.

Back