• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Champions League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I have never used a Rayquaza ingame. LOL. I mean, that would take the fun out of it ayt? and besides, I love the challenge.

Nah it's still kind of a challenge regardless due to Wallace and Steven alone kay lol.

I was planning to use my team for the Battle Frontier soon after the E4 anyways so I couldn't afford any of them being above level 50 now so that's where ol Ray-Ray came in at the time.

Challenges are alright I guess though, just as long as they're not sqaush matches where one side's ridiculously overpowered or underpowered when compared to the opponent now lol.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Name: AlexOzzyCake

Friend: Blue. He will always be champion in my mind!

Partner: Heracross.

Reason for Joining: I find the Champions fascinating. The teams they use, their strategies, their methods of success... They just aren't like other people. They're unique and powerful and are examples to live by ;D Blue is by far my favourite Champion, but Cynthia is pretty far ahead of the others too. Alder can go away please.

Who informed you of the club (If needed): Olli97

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Alder's team was rather odd now that I think about it. I can understand Buffoulant and Volcorona though but the rest of the team felt so random I thought of them as filler if anything lol. Hell even Ghetsis had a more worthy team for the final boss and he wasn't even a champion either no less lol.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
Alder had that weird guru-champion look going on. Maybe it was his hair or something, but he was still an easy Champion. Ghetsis had a sick team.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Very unlikely. Cheren is a character in BW whose role is somehow little. There is little to no chance at all for Cheren being the Champion. If ever there is a revamp of the league, I think Drayden or Grimsley will most likely fill the spot.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Very unlikely. Cheren is a character in BW whose role is somehow little. There is little to no chance at all for Cheren being the Champion. If ever there is a revamp of the league, I think Drayden or Grimsley will most likely fill the spot.
Maybe Marshal or even someone from a different region. That would be interesting.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Sadly I can't disagree with that, maybe Cheren will end up becoming the 8th Gym Leader of Unova like Blue was with Kanto during HG/SS but that's probably unlikely as well unfortunately. I can see Drayden becoming the champion though tbh heck maybe Drayden will be the champ in B2 while Iris will be the champ in W2 coincidentally enough lol. Hope they have differing teams this time around though.

Maybe if Alder can be battled in the same fashion as Steven was in Emerald he would have a revamped team such as replacing Vanilluxe with Gigalith for example. Just putting that possibility out there too lol.

miltankRancher

Years
I'm pretty sure that if Alder is somehow ousted in BW2 as the champion, he will be incorporated somewhere in the postgame. Alder is just too much of an important person to be left out in this generation.

psyanic

Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
That possibility seems remote to begin with. Alder practically has to be the Champion. Look at how much he "helps" your throughout. Actually, I won't be surprised if he turns out like Steven from Emerald. It would be an awesome storyline discovering who the other Champion would be, I'll give you that. But I hope they change his team.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
That possibility seems remote to begin with. Alder practically has to be the Champion. Look at how much he "helps" your throughout. Actually, I won't be surprised if he turns out like Steven from Emerald. It would be an awesome storyline discovering who the other Champion would be, I'll give you that. But I hope they change his team.
Or maybe N will turn good at the end of the game and help you defeat Ghetsis and become the champion or something...
I thought Alder had a unique team. I felt that with him it was Pokemon that he chose, not just the strong ones.

psyanic

Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
I'm all for playing with Pokemon you like. I played a FireRed run where I didn't evolve the Eevee because I thought it was cute. Sure its stats were horrendous, but I just liked it that way. Champions are different though. I feel like they should be more of a challenge, so their team should reflect as such. More than half his team was murdered by Stone Edge, so I think that's just a glaring issue when his team is supposed to be "diverse".

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
I'm all for playing with Pokemon you like. I played a FireRed run where I didn't evolve the Eevee because I thought it was cute. Sure its stats were horrendous, but I just liked it that way. Champions are different though. I feel like they should be more of a challenge, so their team should reflect as such. More than half his team was murdered by Stone Edge, so I think that's just a glaring issue when his team is supposed to be "diverse".
All of Stevens team could be murdered with Blaziken. All of Lances team could be murdered with a Feraligater that knew Ice Fang. All of Walleces team could be easily murdered too. What's the difference?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Just to nitpick there Cosmotone regarding Blaziken vs Steven since Steven's Claydol can presumably take a hit from Blaziken and KO it with Earthquake if they're around the same level each at the time. But if it's just plowing through the champion's team with a level 100 you can pretty much do that with almost any Poke barring guys such as Sunkern lol.

miltankRancher

Years

All of Stevens team could be murdered with Blaziken. All of Lances team could be murdered with a Feraligater that knew Ice Fang. All of Walleces team could be easily murdered too. What's the difference?

Wrong argument here, bro. Alder's team is not diverse, yes. However, comapring them to monotype teams liek Lance's, Steven's, and Wallace's... They are two sides of the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back