• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hallowed

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
How many of you celebrate Hallow's Day, rather than or in addendum to Hallow's Eve, and how many how you celebrate Halloween AND Hallow's Eve? Why do you celebrate these holidays, in such a way, even though they aren't too popular anymore?

Hallow's Eve & Halloween: October 31st.

Hallow's Day: November 1st.

Years
I celebrate Hallow's eve technically, but I let it go as Halloween because I don't like explaining the difference. I also celebrate Hallow's Day.
Why? Any reason to get drunk is good enough for me. It's made better by the fact that women use Halloween as an excuse to express their sexuality in their outfits. Some very extreme outfits I saw last night.
Tonight will be the same and then Sunday I can recover.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
Hallow's Day is supposed to be the most spiritual and mystical day of the entire year. Not just benefiting pagans - but all religions. This means rituals and prayers would be most powerful on Hallow's Day.

Hallow's Eve, as a festival, was meant to increase the power of Hallow's Day, as far as I know, but over time it was eventually changed to Halloween. It still increases the power of Hallow's Day, but is a much different festival than before - sort of like the difference between Easter and Eostre.

Years
Halloween is much easier to celebrate. It's non-religious, has a lot of associated media, and there's candy. That's pretty much what hooked me when I was younger. Celebrating on Nov. 1st only really happens with people from religious backgrounds, and even then only if they feel that strongly about it. (No chreasters.)

The whole being a spiritually powerful day thing is going to sound off-putting to a lot of mainstream religious folk (Christians, etc.) who have specific dogma about magic and stuff that says it's a no-no.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2017
hmm... well ive always thought Hallow was just other way of say Halloween... welp, i guess ill giv it a try tonight. Maybe next time i should organize an event :D

Btw, i would like to hear how hallow came about.

Edit: Ops, my tag is outdated :I

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2017
GOOGLE IS AWESOME :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallow

It links to everything you'll ever want to know: Hallowmas, history, etc.

Basically, hallow = holy. So, it's the "Day of the Divine"

Interesting :D hmm...

Anime idea,
Beautiful girl who is shy, un-athletic, but thinks alot about random things tries to go Trick or treating w/ friends.

They try to spook her but too bad, she a'int scared of no ghosts! she barely even notices it.

then they get to the last house on the block, Ms.Carr's. No one ever even goes near it cause it's so creepy but they see a black silhouette rocking in a chair waving at them to come to her. the friends (Rinabell and Stacion de Rosa/Staci for short) are spooked scared and hug in fear but Beuti-girl(Anne) is already walking up there (because everything is safe in anime!) her friends are trying to convince her to stop but before they know it, they are all in front of the porch where the black silhouette was. They Rinabell nervously tries to say "trick or"- but then the shadow cuts her off and says -"Treat". she jumps behind Anne. Then Staci asks the silhouette her aim (also behind Anne). The silhouette stand up, comes out of the shadows and reveals a very developed and beautiful woman. They are surprised and in awh of how young she looks. She smiles and says "Hallow.... Madam Hallow". From that point on the three girls Lives have been changed dramatically.

if only there was an anime -3-

Back