• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Maj's Ground/Steel team AKA SandStorm team 2

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2011
First of all, this is a gym team for another forum/server. :)
It's a sandstorm team, with the emphasis on ground/steel team.
Hope I can improve it.

Team at a Glance
302.gif
248.gif
472.gif
530.gif
227.gif
212.gif

302.gif

Sableye (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 192 HP / 136 Def / 180 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Confuse Ray
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Night Shade
Sableye, my anti-lead. It has Prankster to go first when doing Will-o-Wisp, Taunt, or confuse ray. it has Night Shade for static 100 damage, which surprisingly is very effective.

248.gif

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 104 HP / 24 Def / 168 SAtk / 64 SDef / 148 Spd
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Crunch
It's a Mixed Tyranitar Set, with Choice scarf for more speed. Stone Edge and Crunch for STAB, and Fire Blast and Ice Beam for good coverage.

472.gif

Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 48 HP / 208 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

530.gif

Excadrill (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide

227.gif

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Def / 72 SDef / 36 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Drill Peck
- Roost
- Whirlwind

212.gif

Scizor (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 124 Def / 132 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch
- Aerial Ace

Descriptions coming soon! :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Just something real quick~

The coverage provided by Aerial Ace on your Scizor is limited. Go with Pursuit to deal significant damage to fleeing Reuniclus and Slowbro. Pursuit also gets the Technician boost and provided better coverage in general. Technically, you could also go with Quick Attack for its situational utility against Pokemon that resist Bullet Punch, like Infernape and Thundurus. So that's up to you.

Some of the EVs on your Pokemon seem a little off, but I don't want to jump to conclusions before you write the descriptions. However, Skarmory does best when its defensive EVs are invested in one or the other, not compensating for both. Try 252 HP / 232 Defense / 24 Speed (Or 232 Special Defense, depending on your needs).

Gliscor should pretty much always run max EVs in HP. I suggest 252 HP / 184 Defense / 72 Speed.

Again, with Tyranitar, the EVs just don't look right (someone please correct me if I'm wrong. ;o;). Also, traditional Choice Scarf Tyranitar usually don't run mixed. That's reserved for the standard Tyranitar, more often than not. However, it's not that your moveset is bad or wrong, it's actually very textbook with the Special Attacks and the Sassy nature. But, from everything I understand, a traditional Scarf Tyranitar would look like this:

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Sand Stream
4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
Jolly [+Speed; -Special Attack]
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

But again, I don't want to go crazy with this before you get the chance to speak.

So, that's all I got for now. Good luck! Can't wait to see more! :3

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2011
Ok, I've replaced my Aerial Ace with Pursuit.
I switched Skarm for Chomp, but it was uebr so I decided to replace it with Landorus:

645.gif

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 64 HP / 80 Atk / 12 Def / 160 SAtk / 192 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish

Landorus takes advantage of Sand Force. EarthQuake & Stone Edge are boosted. HP ice is good for Gliscors and dragons. Rock Polish is to boost its speed.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Sableye seriously needs Recover over Confuse Ray to help it stay around longer. For the most part, confusion is an unreliable status.

Also, max out Excadrill's Attack completely so it can hit as hard as it can.

CB Scizor needs to be Adamant so it can hit a lot harder than it currently does now with these EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spe. The 248 HP EVs are there to reduce the amount of damage it takes from Stealth Rock, since it will be switching a lot.

TBH, I don't know where you get your EV spreads because I don't feel that they work well. It's best to follow Smogon's EV spreads. For instance, Landorus needs 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe.

Back