• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo 2DS

droomph

weeb
Years
If you're 6 you probably don't have your own money yet, so your parents probably have some rules in place about playing it outside or taking it wherever you want. I bought my 3DS with my own money, I'm 16, and my mom still won't let me use it myself.

Then again, I was raised by "responsible" parents, so idk about everyone.
The benefits of the clamshell design are largely negated by the weakness of the hinges. All it takes is one drop in a public location (specifically, anything with concrete sidewalks, concrete flooring, or concrete foundation directly beneath the tiles/carpet) to completely destroy the hinges. And if a screen is going to get cracked or otherwise damaged from a fall with enough force, the clamshell design will do little to stop that.

Then again, that raises the question of why one would ever even consider going outside.

pompayyy

Forever and Ever
Years
Now here's what I think:
The concept is great, BUT it was executed poorly. I mean I don't own a 3DS so I'm kinda in a tight spot with X/Y coming out so soon. So a cheaper version of the 3DS that would only take away the 3D feature sounds great to me. But the true slap in the face here is the fact that it WON'T FOLD SHUT. I mean it's alright if a system like the Gameboy Color won't fold, since it has one smallish screen. But two large screens?!? You've gotta be out of your mind to think that was a good idea.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 14, 2017
I kinda like it.
Money doesn't come easy to me, 3D gives me a headache (plus I've just never liked it), and I've broken the hinge on a DS Lite (or two. . eheheh >_>) before so the 2DS eliminates a bunch of problems for me, that the 3DS has. I mean, why pay the extra money for 3D when it's not even going to get used, that's silly. . .
Yeah, it's design is a little differerent. But what matters to me is the games I'll get to play, not what the handheld looks like that I'm playing the game on. :3

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
Years
I have a 2DS Panda Unit (aka, Test Unit).
I actually didn't want to get it in the first place, but it was a month before release, and NOA already started selling them on WarioWorld, so I thought, why not.
As soon as I got it, I started to love it.
Although I can't play any Retail 3DS nor DSi-Enhanced game on it, I can still play all DS games on it.
From what I've experienced, it plays pretty well, I finally use the Circle Pad in Mario Kart DS decently, the L and R Buttons are accessible and have a better grip, and it looks cute in real life.
In fact, I love it even more than my 3DS systems, I honestly think the 2DS is what Nintendo should have made at the very beginning of the entire 3DS genno, but then it'd lack their main USP: 3D without glasses.

C4

Explosive
Years
Amazing idea, great for people who are short on money and still want to play that Nintendo 3DS goodness.

Back