• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Last issue of Nintendo Power has been published.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
On December 11, 2012, the last issue of Nintendo Power has been published. Nintendo Power is North America's official Nintendo magazine that's been going on for 24 years. On August, Nintendo of America decided to discontinue it's contract with Future Publishing. There's a group called "Operation: Power Up" that's been trying to bring back Nintendo Power as a website or some sort of digital format and not let it die off.

How do you feel about it? How do you feel gaming magazines in general? Have you read Nintendo Power?

I'm a huge fan of Nintendo Power, and a fan of gaming magazines in general. But still,times have changed and gamers practically get all their information from the internet now-a-days. However, letting the name "Nintendo Power" die without attempting to change it change or adapt to these times just seem sad, especially how big it is considering it's history and impact on gaming culture in America.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
This really makes me sad. At one point in my life, I wanted to work for Nintendo Power desperately. I still have the issue where Pokemon Colosseum was shown, which is my favorite Pokemon spin off. I also use that issue as a guide for Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, and that's what sparked my interest in that series. It's sad to see a big name like this die, but like they say, all good things must come to an end.

I suppose we could take a moment of reflection with this:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Now the Nintendo Power magazines have become a collector's item. Still, what I'm really upset about this is that now we're stuck with Game Informer, which has shown their bias against Nintendo games from time to time in recent years (mostly about the Wii U and their financials). I still haven't gotten my last NP issue by mail yet.

Mr. Magius

  
Years
Awwh, I remember when I subscribed to Nintendo Power... Almost 10 years ago when Mario Kart: Double Dash!! first came out I put my name on that little mailing paper for Nintendo Power subscriptions and mailed it to Nintendo. Although I haven't been subscribed since the 12 months after that, it's still very sad that it's been discontinued... I've occasionally read the issues that I received, and they're still just as entertaining as they were when I was a kid.

But I'm content seeing the name is being carried on. There's no way the gaming community can let it die.

Years
This really makes me sad. At one point in my life, I wanted to work for Nintendo Power desperately. I still have the issue where Pokemon Colosseum was shown, which is my favorite Pokemon spin off. I also use that issue as a guide for Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, and that's what sparked my interest in that series. It's sad to see a big name like this die, but like they say, all good things must come to an end.

I still remember being in fourth grade, wanting to ask my school's librarian if there were any Nintendo Power magazines I could check out but being too embarrassed. I never did.

Nintendo Power got me into Zelda games; a few months after I subscribed, one of the issues ran a preview feature of Twilight Princess and I was entranced by it. I also remember seeing a feature about the game Shadow the Hedgehog - it got pretty bad reviews, as I recall, but I thought it was cool.

I still own about two years' worth of issues. Most useful to me has been the little tear-out guide for New Super Mario Bros. It's a little sad that that game isn't "new" anymore, and the DS is on its last legs if it's still supported at all.

Like you, I'm sad to see Nintendo Power go, but I'd rather it just leave with dignity than get merged with another magazine and eventually fade out unnoticed.

igotpokeballz

x999 Thanks To Action Replay
Years
Now the Nintendo Power magazines have become a collector's item. Still, what I'm really upset about this is that now we're stuck with Game Informer, which has shown their bias against Nintendo games from time to time in recent years (mostly about the Wii U and their financials). I still haven't gotten my last NP issue by mail yet.

i'm still subscribed to GI and I agree, they give nintendo games alotta crap. they notify you of any of the games made by nintendo at the last minute, and tend to get into little detail about it.

Back