• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimnor

» imperishable
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 31, 2020
Is there a thread with tile sets from Emerald? I found them from FR, LG, R, and S, but not Emerald. Are Emerald's tile sets the same as RUby and Sapphire?
Check this thread. Also, R/S/E tiles are pretty much the same (with some exceptions).

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
Is there a thread with tile sets from Emerald? I found them from FR, LG, R, and S, but not Emerald. Are Emerald's tile sets the same as RUby and Sapphire?

It's also very easy to view the tilesets in AdvanceMap, then rip them out, if needed.
I believe that EliteMap provided Emerald tilesets?

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2013
When importing sprites in advance series click synchronise pallettes and it imports the pal without you needing to do anything. Sometimes it gives an error but you just do it again and it's fixed!
but i do click synchronise pallete, it still won't accept over 8 colors!

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015

So, I made New Bark Town and Route 29.
They connect fine, there appears to be nothing wrong in A-Map.
I can move from Town to Route, but not form Route to Town.

Anyone know why?

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2015
Hi,
whenever I try open XSE editor I get "Run-Time Error: 380 Invalid property value". Nothing happens except this message. Editor won't open at all. I found on the internet and this forum many topics with questions about this, but no solution. I tried deleting settings.ini, but it didn't make any difference. Could anybody please tell what am I supposed to do to make it work or at least recommend topic with solution? Thanks in advance.

totodile493

Person
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2021
How do you understand what hex data means in Nintendo DS hacking? I mean, I assume the same could be asked for Gameboy hex editing. Basically, how do you get what Pokémon, items, etc. are based on these bytes? I want to "kick off" my Nintendo DS hacking and maybe create some programs.

Crimnor

» imperishable
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 31, 2020
I believe this question belongs somewhere else but I'll give it a try anyway. Can anyone upload a copy of this please?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
NEIN!
I don't have a copy, but a question. When I do trainerbattle 0x9, the game freezes when an attack is done. Why?

TweenyTodd

Quitting cuz i got a job
Years
How do you understand what hex data means in Nintendo DS hacking? Basically, how do you get what Pokémon, items, etc. are based on these bytes? I want to "kick off" my Nintendo DS hacking and maybe create some programs.

I'm not sure that anyone has done hex data research on the DS. Spikey-Ear'd Pichu has made a program for Map Editing, so he knows how to make programs with DS games at least.

Here are some threads in research and development for 4th gen hacking that I found:
HG/SS General Hacking
5th Generation Hacking

You might be able to find out for yourself.

Could anybody please tell what am I supposed to do to make it work or at least recommend topic with solution? Thanks in advance.
Did you put the .ini back in when you deleted it? If you did and it still don't work, just re-download it. Possibly from a different source.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2013
So upon opening the ROM I've been working on with Overworld Editor the message "Error 9 (Subscript out of range) in procedure LoadSpriteStructure of frmOverworldEditor" pops up and the ROM refuses to open. I have tried this with eight or so ROM's and it appears for some but no for others. What's going on?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
So upon opening the ROM I've been working on with Overworld Editor the message "Error 9 (Subscript out of range) in procedure LoadSpriteStructure of frmOverworldEditor" pops up and the ROM refuses to open. I have tried this with eight or so ROM's and it appears for some but no for others. What's going on?

You probably repointed the table or damaged the data in some way. Either way, you shouldn't be using OWERE. It is old. Use NSE Classic instead. It is built on OWERE's code and is 10x more stable and has more features.

I believe this question belongs somewhere else but I'll give it a try anyway. Can anyone upload a copy of this please?

Google thethethethe's rom hacking weebly. There is a copy on his site.

Last edited:

Akiba

Years

So, I made New Bark Town and Route 29.
They connect fine, there appears to be nothing wrong in A-Map.
I can move from Town to Route, but not form Route to Town.

Anyone know why?

This is most likely because you only did the map connection on one map. They don't synchronize, as a map connection is a property of a map, and not just a single value that dictates all maps.

You'd have to change the map connection on both maps in order for it to work.

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2013
You probably repointed the table or damaged the data in some way. Either way, you shouldn't be using OWERE. It is old. Use NSE Classic instead. It is built on OWERE's code and is 10x more stable and has more features.

So I've downloaded NSE Classic Source from here along with NSE 1.7.5.0 and have looked through both for instructions on set up etc but haven't found any there or in the original thread & attached guide that have helped. From my understanding, what I downloaded requires the .net framework 3.5 or higher. I have no idea what that is and also have no idea how the two files I downloaded work together to run NSE Classic.

Akiba

Years
So I've downloaded NSE Classic Source from here along with NSE 1.7.5.0 and have looked through both for instructions on set up etc but haven't found any there or in the original thread & attached guide that have helped. From my understanding, what I downloaded requires the .net framework 3.5 or higher. I have no idea what that is and also have no idea how the two files I downloaded work together to run NSE Classic.

These are the downloads. Try to install the highest possible framework.

.NET Framework 4.5
.NET Framework 4.0
.NET Framework 3.5

A framework is a set of instructions that a computer can run on, and some programs are developed using instructions from a higher end Framework. This is either out of necessity, or just carelessness. I always aim to develop in 2.0, if possible. The lower the framework of an application, the better.

Also, the source code is only if you want to modify it and create your own version of the program. If you don't intend to do that, then don't worry.

Crimnor

» imperishable
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 31, 2020
Ignore the source, just delete it. NSE is written in C#.NET (never checked the source, could be another language) which is why it requires the .NET Framework (3.5) in order to run as intended.

You can download it here.

- ninja'd by DeltaSalamence :(

Akiba

Years
Ignore the source, just delete it. NSE is written in C#.NET (never checked the source, could be another language) which is why it requires the .NET Framework (3.5) in order to run as intended.

You can download it here.

- ninja'd by DeltaSalamence :(

Just checked, it's VB.NET 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back