• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

An oddball bouncing in the lounge

Years
Greetings.
I've actually been a member since 2010, but never really active ( posted a total of 4 threads, the first being in 2013 ), and due to me being an almost total stranger to forums ( I think all in all I've made no more than 100-200 posts in my entire life ) I was not aware of the existence of a 'welcome lounge' up until now.
That's why I thought I wouldn't be breaking any rules by posting here, but if I am wrong I apologize in advance.
Anyhow, I am a 21 years old Italian guy which was first introduced to pokemon when he was 5 and instantly loved it, along with the anime ( had a crush on misty, I can't help but love redheads ).
I also strongly care for and respect the environment and the animals, and as such totally abstain from eating them or their byproducts.
What I find myself most conflicted with is my own species. I can't help but keep wondering why things have turned this way or that way, and while I often feel deeply disappointed about certain human behaviors and actions ( to the point where I feel like a misanthrope ), I still hold great hope for a better future.
Other lesser interests of mine include anything with which I can express myself, such as drawing!
I'd also like to join ceramics and sculpture courses.
Since I can't help but feel troubled about my own species, the idea of studying philosophy and/or psychology has crossed my mind many a times, but so far I haven't made a move because there are tons of other things I'd like to do, such as traveling ( I'm big on this one, I've been to almost half of Europe and also a few other countries outside of it, such as Egypt, Tunisia and Russia ) and because I feel the life of a young one should be spent on other, more appropriate things, such as actually enjoying life!
Lastly, I love taking care of myself and as such, I do physical activity everyday and am very concerned about diet!

Years
You seem like a pretty philosophical person so perhaps the Discussions & Debates board would be good for you. :) (Late?) welcome to PC and good to meet you, griever7x! You're not too late to create an intro so no worries~

Ceramics/sculpting has always been pretty interesting for me too, we used to have a sculpting course for a year at my old junior high school so that got me a wee bit interested. Should still have one of the cups I made somewhere around the house.. hopefully. It was awful but so many memories attached to it, aha. Artistic people get so many brownie points from me as I'm hugely into art so be sure to explore the art boards we have across the community. The more participants the merrier. <3

Anyways, have a good time here! You're going to fit in amazingly and all that from the looks of things. Stick around and hopefully you'll be here with us on PC for a long time to come!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Hey there! As said, it's not too late to create your intro, so you're in the clear! Great to meet ya, and welcome to PC! <33

I used to study philosophy a lot in college as a minor subject, in which, I've found it to be pretty interesting! And oh, I totally love animals and the outside world; I used to be part of the environmental club in my school, and we spent our time learning about different habitats for animals, as well as clean up the garbage around the area so that everything can become cleaner for people and animals to cross! It was a pretty awarding club, with a lot of good results! I often thought about pursing that further, like being an environmental scientists, but, my interests pursued me else where, I suppose~

If you like drawing, you can visit our Art & Design board too, and show off your creating for us to see, if you want! You can also check out the other forms of art that the other members made here too. Anyways, have a great time here, yeah? And feel free to let the staff team know if you have a question about the forums in general, or if there's any concerns that you would like to address!

Have a great night, and take care! I hope we can meet again someday! <33

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Glad that you've decided Griever to return, Griever--welcome back! As Sheep said, you aren't late in introducing yourself. I've never posted an introduction thread, actually, and I sort of regret that. If I did, I'm sure I would've gotten to know a few more people than I do now. xD" You've avoided the mistake, though, and I'm happy for you! Nice to meet you; I'm Ashley, but you're free to refer to me as my username, too, if you like. Don't worry about rules at all--you're doing perfectly fine. ^^

You've been into Pokémon since you were five, huh? That's pretty cool--also been a fan of it since I was around that age. Which was your first game? For me, it'd have to be Blue; gotten a hold of it thanks to my dad. It was pretty addicting for me, and would spend hours playing it every day. Second was Red, and third, I think, was Pokémon Silver. Out of the ones you've played, which would you consider your most favorite? Personally, I really liked Emerald. Since you're a fan of the anime as well, I've gotta ask--which is your most favorite season? Mine would have to be Advanced; not sure what, but something about it just made me tune back in every week. I loved it. Along with that, I also liked original series. :] If you wish to keep talking about it, perhaps you should check out our Pokémon Anime board? We've got plenty of people there who are also interested in it; you should be able to make friends pretty fast.

It's really good to see ya; seriously hope that you stick around! If you're in need of any help, you are always free to contact moderators and super moderators. For more important stuff, you may always approach administrators; they will get back to you as soon as they're available! Have a fun stay here. n__n

Years
Don't worry if you were late making this thread Griever, some people join a long time ago yet never make a formal introduction until way later, so yeah nice to see you finally made your intro thread!

As the others said, there's quite a few places on PC you'd probably be interested in visiting since we love to cater towards every member's interests. And like Ashley, I never posted an intro thread when I joined either so yeah it was hard for me to stand out, but yeah you can call me Nichole if you like. I've been into Pokemon since I was only 7 but didn't start playing the games until I was 11. Glad to hear you've been a fan for around as long as I did so yeah I bet we'll get on pretty well.

Like the others said, have an awesome time here and if you need questions contact any of the staff members who should be able to help you anytime, I'll be seeing you around Griever, and take care okay?

- Hikari

Years
Wow, thank you all for being so polite. Nice to meet you all.
You've been into Pokémon since you were five, huh? That's pretty cool--also been a fan of it since I was around that age. Which was your first game? For me, it'd have to be Blue; gotten a hold of it thanks to my dad. It was pretty addicting for me, and would spend hours playing it every day. Second was Red, and third, I think, was Pokémon Silver. Out of the ones you've played, which would you consider your most favorite? Personally, I really liked Emerald. Since you're a fan of the anime as well, I've gotta ask--which is your most favorite season? Mine would have to be Advanced; not sure what, but something about it just made me tune back in every week. I loved it. Along with that, I also liked original series. :] If you wish to keep talking about it, perhaps you should check out our Pokémon Anime board? We've got plenty of people there who are also interested in it; you should be able to make friends pretty fast.
Yeah, my parents gifted me a copy of red and blue in Spanish ( we would stay in Spain for a month during every summer ), so those were my first games. Don't ask me how could I finish them, because I don't know myself. :) I would spend hours playing them too, and I remember our neighbors had this lovely daughter that used to trade pokemons with me. She had dozens of pokemon at lvl.100, so I couldn't help but admire her. XD
Nonetheless, I think we could have been great trading partners, Ashley. :)

By the way, I really liked Emerald too! It was the most nature immersed, and I thought those secret bases were a super cool feature. I wonder why they have been removed in the newer generations, that's a pity...

Being 21 and all, I haven't really followed the anime for a long time, though. I think I remember losing interest after misty dropped out of it, I felt really sad because she is my favourite character. I think I might've seen an episode of the orange islands and johto here and there, but it was already too late to reconquer my interest, so I doubt I could contribute much in a discussion regarding the anime.

Back