• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Teen Choice Awards: The Epic Fail, The Jonas Fanservice, The Disappointment!

Did you enjoy the TCA's ?

• No, not at all.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • YES! <3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I didn't watch them.

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • I couldn't have cared less.

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Star★Seeker

→s t y l e ;
Years
The dissapointing results!

So... I hope I'm not the only watching this crap >.>

So, I guess Fox was really desperate for ratings, seeing as the show was not only hosted by The JoBros, but they pretty much dominated the awards, ufortunately. Seriously, they haven't done much to become famous, other than appear on Disney and have Disney brainwash the youth into becoming their fans. I also find it ridiculous how Frankie Jonas won Breakout TV Star, when he's only appeared twice on their show, and his appearences were mostly crappy comic relief cameos. Not only that, but I find it strange(in other words, staged) how The Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus' duet song "Before The Storm" won one award, without having been released as a single.

Everything else was just as expected, a Twilight and Disney dominated, Jonas fanservicy event that once again proves how tasteless showbusiness has become and how easy it is to become famous nowadays.

I did enjoy Paramore's victory (it's a shame that the only reason they won was beacuse of Twilight, and not beacuse of their great talent, but if the JoBros can get away with that, then Paramore can, too) as well as Lady GaGa's, too, although they were offscreen victories.

I guess those dumb Jonazis(Jonas fans) got what they wanted, though, lots of Jonas fanservice. I think that Joe Jonas should have gotten all his full body pubic hair shaved instead of his head's, though. :P

Hatenko

Hiya!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 16, 2010
This is disgusting. Are other teenagers such stupid-minded sheeple? I know I'm not. I've seen Jonas Brothers/Miley Cyrus/Twilight every other category, which was pathetic. And wtf@ mini-jonas winning something. the biggest role he's ever had was in that ponyo movie, and the aforementioned cameos.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
I didn't really mind, until all the Disney shows/characters beat Fringe. That really ticked me off. :l

What the heck is with Disney and Twilight winning every fricking award in history. ;o;

The Britney honor would have been nice, but Miley was the one who honored her, and that just made it a crap-load. :l

The Fred parts were nice though. :D

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I'm happy i forgot it was Monday yesterday because Disney beating Fringe? are you kidding me? I can't stand the failure brothers, they suck and can't wait for them to stop with everything

:t354:TG

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
Years
I damn near puked when I saw this, seriously Our teens cant possibly be that ******* stupid, it has to have been rigged. If it wasnt, then I have officially lost all faith in humanity.

Anti

return of the king
Years

Now that's just over-the-top. :|

Anyway, as much as I don't like the Jonas Brothers or any of Disney's products, this can't really surprise anyone. It's hardly "disgusting" but rather just what is popular among the tween/teen population. I don't know how you can be disappointed with this when you could see it coming from a mile away. Teenagers aren't exactly known for being the most cultured folks in the USA after all...or really anywhere lol. Expecting the results to be anything but something like this is like expecting a breakthrough in trench warfare, so to me at least, this isn't really news as much as it is expected. Teens like this kind of stuff.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
WHAT THE HELL IS THAT PILE OF CRAP?

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if Miley Cyrus won "Hottest Actress", but what the hell is she and that horrible band doing in those categories? Even that godforbidden wafllecrap HSM?

Oh god help us.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 4, 2018
I also find it ridiculous how Frankie Jonas won Breakout TV Star, when he's only appeared twice on their show
I thought it was kind of stupid, why did he win break out tv star ~_~. This years Teen Choice awards was kind of a dissapointment to me oh well.

The Red Bandit

Welcome To Candyland!
Years
I did not watch the teen choice awards but I know I did not want to, 'specially since it had them darn gay Jonas bros and Miley *can't sing for crao* Cyrus on it, they all suck major disney crap, they can't act, can't sing, and everyone likes them? the world's children must be brainwashed or something. Mini jonas bro winning an award, WTF? and Twighlight? no just no.

Even that godforbidden wafllecrap HSM?

Wait, HSM was on it too? someone shoot them dumba**es who run that stinking disney channel, please.

Last edited:

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
What's with teenagers these days? They actually like that crap of an HSM and Twilight... I just wanna brick someone right now!

AND YES, ESPECIALLY TWILIGHT. Those books breed like rabbits. Soon they're gonna raid the bookstores.
And Music Soundtrack to Twilight?! Hell, I think Harry Potter's soundtracks are magical and sound nicer, but WHATEVER.

I'm sick of the teenagers these days.

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
Years
Seriously, what's wrong with the teenagers? Why are they makin' this stuff popular? The Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus CANNOT SING. Don't even get me started on HSM.

Lol at the person above me. And I agree, HP's soundtracks are a heck of a lot nicer than Twilight's soundtrack.

Grexx

Angel of Truth
Years
Wait.., Twilight is winning awards now? Are you kidding me? Wow, this is an insult to every teen who actually has good taste. And did somebody say Disney beat Fringe? Seriously, Wtf? I'm glad I didn't want this crap because if I did my television would probably be in a dump somewhere with a broken screen.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
I was disapointed with all the Twilight wins. I voted and really wanted Dev Patel/Slumdog to win. The one thing I was glad about was Leighton Meester winning best TV drama actress..

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
Years
It DISGUSTED me! What is wrong with most of the teenagers this century! I remember when most teens loved good bands like Nirvana and what not! Now we have the Jonas Brother and Hannah Montana, bleh. I'm not trying to dis on them, but Disney should have stuck to Mickey and the gang.

But I was happy Paramore won an award. That made me feel better about the awards.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
Years
I kind of stopped two minutes in after they butchered the Obama Speech and put the Jonas brothers in the middle of that...I think the speech had to do with pirates. I could make so many jokes right now, but I won't. XD

Edit: And the Disney Fringe thing...I think it's because the latter is new. Plus It's the Teen Choice awards...think about the demographic watching...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Sorry sweeties, but this thread is developing a lot of anger and I don't feel comfortable having something with a wide variety of insults and negativity in my section. I'm going to close this thread now. Feel free to make another thread so long as it doesn't result in... well, this mess. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back