• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emblem master-list / request thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Just tell me the name of the account. No need to go through all that, imo.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I like that we have a master-list now. :) However... doesn't the thread kinda ruin the "mystery" factor of emblems... :\

Can I have a emblem? :3 Can I be a mod? :3 Just joking. :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I like that we have a master-list now. :) However... doesn't the thread kinda ruin the "mystery" factor of emblems... :\

Can I have a emblem? :3 Can I be a mod? :3 Just joking. :P
That's the purpose. Getting an emblem and not really knowing why, or wanting emblems and having no clue what to do to get them doesn't seem fair to keep a mystery factor of it. Then again, there are quite a few emblems that are still secret, so there's a mystery factor still involved. The only ones shown here are ones that any staff member can give any member they deem appropriate. There are still ones that are limited to one or a few staff members that they give out to, usually, regulars of their forum.

Equin

Got it memorized?
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2010
Nice list, and it's also fresh! It also made clear to me what an Emblem is.

Still, I have some questions. I guess it's rather silly of me to ask, but...
-how exactly can you tell if a member is 'lazy'? (refer to the 'too much effort' emblem)
-how does one 'make' an emblem? do members create some on their own? (refer to the 'emblem artisan' emblem)
-I don't get the drama queen emblem (is it supposed to mean 'troll king' in a way)?

Thanks for your time.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
-how exactly can you tell if a member is 'lazy'? (refer to the 'too much effort' emblem)
-how does one 'make' an emblem? do members create some on their own? (refer to the 'emblem artisan' emblem)
-I don't get the drama queen emblem (is it supposed to mean 'troll king' in a way)?

I don't particularly like the lazy emblem cause it is hard to tell who is and who isn't. I dont' even know how to answer that. I guess it's for challenge owners, group owners, etc. that never update the first post?

They're 80x80 pictures that you can make and you can send them to a staff member and they might bring it up in the emblem suggest list if it's unique enough.

Just people that have a lot of drama that revolves around them. I honestly don't know why some people have it, but oh well. It can mean troll king if the drama revolves around trolling though.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Nice list, and it's also fresh! It also made clear to me what an Emblem is.

The way I saw the emblem is it was for people who always use the 'I'm too lazy to' as an excuse to not do something. Such as updating a first post (like what Syd said), editing their post, changing their signature/avatar/user title, etc. Also having 'I'm too lazy to do such a thing' as part of their answer in an OVP can be part of it as well (ex: "I don't do too much homework, but it's because I'm too lazy to do it half the time" in a homework related question.)

Forever was the one who created the emblem, so the best option would be to ask her about it.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I have a question.. I believe there's an emblem given to people who start threads and get over 100 replies in that thread.. would threads like if you started a "post your picture" thread or "daily chit chat" thread count for that? Or would it only be random like.. debate/ gaming/ etc threads that would get it?

moments.

quixotic
Years
Well after reading the description for that emblem, it actually states the thread must be in Other Chat. But I'm doubtful those big 'Post a Picture' type threads would count, but I guess a staff member knows better.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

The pre-requisite for getting that emblem is wrong, well, not suited to the original intention.

(You know, I might ask someone to change it to procrastination, since when I first saw the pre-requisite I... wasn't too pleased because I knew it could be taken wrongly D;)

It's meant to be for procrasination (but for lazy people too, just... well, both XD;) It's people that take a while to get around to doing things, when they do intend to do it later, where the signature/avatar thing could be a good example of it. It's not necessarily a bad emblem, like, even Lightning could get the emblem if she hasn't gotten around to updating the claims thread in three months, so. Anddd... being busy with IRL things also comes into it too. Plus the emblem isn't meant to be taken negatively, so yeah. XD; It's really just a joke emblem. XD;

...And adding in what the others have said, too. Really, it was in reference to a club ages ago called the procrastinators club, it was made out to be a joke thing, rather than a negative thing, where in it, people discussed how they procrastinated on certain things and because of that, I figured that it could apply now, too. It's just situation to situation.

And btw, this applies to lazy people too, but... procrastination sounds less offensive? XD; Wow I suck at explaining. :(

Last edited:

Equin

Got it memorized?
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2010
Cool, thanks for the clarifications so far. Although, I don't get how not updating your avatar/signature/user title would consider someone lazy/procrastinated. For example, I love my avatar and do not want to change it, I'm not procrastinated at all for saying that, right?

Also, here's some more of questioning for you;
-Does the requisite action for 'Varsity Nintendo' emblem have to be general knowledge about past gaming or fan-gathered knowledge? (talk about nitpicks)

-About the 'Super Nubcake' emblem...by 'act mature and knowing', do you mean that the person getting the emblem is not really aware of the site's constants but is just playing experienced?

-Though it may have been intended ("their's" meaning "the staff" or something), I thought you might want to clarify if it really is intended or just a mistake:
14occpj.png
Emblem: Jumping on the Bandwagon | Requisite: Jump on the bandwagon when their's a collab, etc.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
For example, I love my avatar and do not want to change it, I'm not procrastinated at all for saying that, right?
I don't understand the purpose of the lazy emblem and don't know what defines lazy. I do know that if someone ever gave that emblem to me, though, I personally would be rather insulted. To me procrastination doesn't mean someone's lazy. Especially if someone does things all the time around the community.

-Does the requirement for 'Varsity Nintendo' emblem have to be general knowledge about past gaming or fan-gathered knowledge?
I'd go with general knowledge. Fan-gathered knowledge doesn't seem much different, though.

-About the 'Super Nubcake' emblem...by 'act mature and knowing', do you mean that the person getting the emblem is not really aware of the site's constants but is just playing experienced?
Acting like a know-it-all but really being quite ignorant is the impression I get, but since I'm unsure of that, I'll let you take that with a grain of salt.

-Though it may have been intended ("their's" meaning "the staff" or something), I thought you might want to clarify if it really is intended or just a mistake.
It's the wrong form of there. A mistake I made while coding the tables.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
For example, I love my avatar and do not want to change it, I'm not procrastinated at all for saying that, right?
I don't understand the purpose of the lazy emblem and don't know what defines lazy. I do know that if someone ever gave that emblem to me, though, I personally would be rather insulted. To me procrastination doesn't mean someone's lazy. Especially if someone does things all the time around the community.

-Does the requirement for 'Varsity Nintendo' emblem have to be general knowledge about past gaming or fan-gathered knowledge?
I'd go with general knowledge. Fan-gathered knowledge doesn't seem much different, though.

Acting like a know-it-all but really being quite ignorant is the impression I get, but since I'm unsure of that, I'll let you take that with a grain of salt.

-Though it may have been intended ("their's" meaning "the staff" or something), I thought you might want to clarify if it really is intended or just a mistake.
It's the wrong form of there. A mistake I made while coding the tables.

Informative, but mind answering my question while you're at it, too?

aguinn99

Im a firin mah lazor
Years
  • Age 24
  • USA
  • Seen Jul 26, 2011
this was helpful.one question though:for the nonsense and miscellaneous emblems,you get a private message from a moderator if you qualify for one of those emblems,right?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Not at all. There's a difference between liking your avatar and keeping it because of so, and saying that you want to change your avatar but you're too lazy to or 'procrastinating.'

Perhaps to solve this problem, we make it so it's either or, because 'Too much Effort' doesn't sound... like procrastination? It sounds more along the lines of 'it's too much effort because I'm feeling lazy', or something along the lines. Also, to some people, being procrastinate comes from being lazy (I know my procrastination does), while for some others it's not. So... instead of just 'Be lazy' for the requirements, have it be 'Be Lazy, or be known to procrastinate around the forums'?

--

When you get an Emblem, you get a PM saying that you got the emblem.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I have a question.. I believe there's an emblem given to people who start threads and get over 100 replies in that thread.. would threads like if you started a "post your picture" thread or "daily chit chat" thread count for that? Or would it only be random like.. debate/ gaming/ etc threads that would get it?
If it's not on the list, it's not a community emblem and only applies to a specific forum. I would imagine any type of thread that has a type of discussion is included in the qualifications for the emblem.

Stratos99

Banned
Years
-About the 'Super Nubcake' emblem...by 'act mature and knowing', do you mean that the person getting the emblem is not really aware of the site's constants but is just playing experienced?Acting like a know-it-all but really being quite ignorant is the impression I get, but since I'm unsure of that, I'll let you take that with a grain of salt.

Oh wow, that seems pretty rude either way. I don't try to come off like that.

If that is what it means can I have it removed? Thanks. :(

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
Years
Super Nubcake isn't actually a negative emblem. It's purpose is to be given to fairly, new members who aren't completely noob around the forums. As in, while at some moments they are noobish, they actually aren't a bad member. They're relatively good members, with good intent, but don't know everything there is to know about the forums, but at some moments feel that they might, whether wrong or right. So, when you look at it, it isn't a bad emblem to have.

In a way, I see it as half a step towards the Level-Up emblem.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
If it's not on the list, it's not a community emblem and only applies to a specific forum. I would imagine any type of thread that has a type of discussion is included in the qualifications for the emblem.

Well.. then I have that @_@ Would that mean I'm entitled to the thread? Or because it's not request-able I wouldn't be able to get it even if I have the requisite for it?
So.. since I made a DailyChitChat thread that got over 1000 posts I DO indeed have the requisite for that emblem? How would that work? Did it have to be after a certain date?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Is it bad that I look at that list and think "why do I not have that lazy/procrastinator emblem, w/e it's called yet?" ehehe...

Anyway, a simple question. What happens when you request the NONONONONO emblem?

Guy

just a guy
Years
Well.. then I have that @_@ Would that mean I'm entitled to the thread? Or because it's not request-able I wouldn't be able to get it even if I have the requisite for it?
So.. since I made a DailyChitChat thread that got over 1000 posts I DO indeed have the requisite for that emblem? How would that work? Did it have to be after a certain date?
Threads in Other Chat such as the DCC or "Post Your Picture" I wouldn't count towards getting the 100 Replies emblem. Basically, because they're usually made by the staff member looking over that forum, and it's known that they'll receive over 100 replies. That emblem was designed to be handed out to members who create discussions threads on a certain topic and it earns over 100 replies through effort. If you've done so in the past though, then I wouldn't mind handing out that emblem seeing you fit the requisite with your own OC discussion topic/thread.

@ Ninja Caterpie, if you request the NONONO Emblem nothing happens. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back