• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GMail

Status
Not open for further replies.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
Years
Has anyone else managed to get an account? I got one just tonight and totally by chance. XD

The gig storage will be nice I guess, but I personally don't like the interface... >_> It's a LOT like the normal google page... kinda freaky in a way. =/

If someone would like, I'll attach a screen of what it looks like.

Gr8person62.2

*Insert_Evil_Music_Here*
Years
Yea sure GMail might be cool 'n all because of it's size.. but if you really don't need it, don't use it. Google have the worst privacy concerns on the internet. In other words, pretty much all your E-Mail will be kept by google on their servers for many a decade.Look at this webpage and you'll never use GMail again.

aRedMoon

Years
Seen it all. And I don't intend to use GMail all that much - but it will make a good way to send files. ;P

And the interface is quite ugly, as I mentioned.

aaaaaa

Not much use to me, cause I don't use email seriously.
But hey, the bragging rights are nice.

aRedMoon

Years
There really isn't all that much to use e-mail for at all anymore. Most can be done on IM, which is quick and simple. =/

aaaaaa

And given I have like..20 email addresses from my ISP, I think I have that covered XD

Gr8person62.2

*Insert_Evil_Music_Here*
Years
Yea it's true. I havn't sent an E-Mail in over 2 years now *awaits amazement* hrmmm.. yea. I have recieved a few to confirm my signing up to stuff. Thats all. E-Mail is useless. All my friends and family that I talk to are on IMs all day long, and get this, theres this telephone invention.

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
Years
I have heard of gmail, and I am sort of interested in getting it, since it has A LOT of room to store your emails. I heard that you need to get linked to it by someone who uses it to be able to get it for yourself, though. The only reason why I would want it, is because I get TONS of emails everyday, and I always have to delete them.

aRedMoon

Years
What service do you use FT?

And if my invite thinger ever shows up, I'll send out some invites.

aRedMoon

Years
That's when you put them in folders. XD

And Hotmail is upgrading soon, like Yahoo! already did. =/

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
<= Gmail owner ;p

Yay lol the 2nd topic that I know what it is about in the entire computer forum... ._.; But either way... I will be using Gmail a lot (well when school starts again). Yes there's that privacy concern and I actually read about that, but then who cares if Gmail is going to look at my school projects...? As if it matters much... the nice thing about Gmail is that you can mail school projects among classmates very easily instead of carrying a CD around with you all the time. Gmail is certainly not very reliable in terms of storing private and important messages, but for sending something big yet irrelevant across the internet (like stupid social study powerpoint presentations and what not), it is certainly very useful imho.

aRedMoon

Years
Well, with the recent upgrades, Hotmail and Yahoo! will allow you to attach those too. =/

Though, with GMail, you will be able to store them longer than on Yahoo! or Hotmail I guess then.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
I like many others rarely use email?and I dislike web-based email even more. So this doesn?t really appeal to me, but it?d be nice to have an invite because then I could offer it to people and they?d love me. X3

And I don?t care about privacy; if they want to see my laundry help themselves, I?ll never know so it?ll never hurt me.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
JKaizer said:
Well, with the recent upgrades, Hotmail and Yahoo! will allow you to attach those too. =/

Though, with GMail, you will be able to store them longer than on Yahoo! or Hotmail I guess then.

Riiiiight... one week worth of school and there goes 25% of Yahoo's space (25mb worth of homework junk per week)... and when it's near exam time, I don't want to start another 5 email accounts like what I did this year ([email protected]... homeworkfileb@hotma... and so on up to e)

Plus big deal that they're looking at a powerpoint presentation with the events of World War 1 listed... you can find stuff like that anywhere anyway.

aRedMoon

Years
25 MB a week? X_X

I'm lucky if I went through that my entire school year. Apologies.

I dislike web-based email even more
POP3 is nice and all, but it does help to be able to check web-based e-mail anywhere in the world, whereas POP3 you have to check it on one computer if you want to keep all your e-mails.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Eh, all email sucks. Despite all the spam protection they promise I still get like 600 spams a day...I've given up on email accounts, really. All I ever do now is create one, sign up for a forum, get the activation letter, and never go to it again. And I'm definitely not going to sign up at gmail if they're just going to let random people sign up right now, and I doubt if I was ever able to sign up it'd be any better than yahoo or hotmail =/

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
Yeah frosty is in a very prestigious school, they take too much of his time doing big projects like that. ;_; He actually does have gmail though, miracles happen. How something that was given out in small quantities to reports circulated its way to a lil Asian boy with no knowledge of technology is truly amazing. ;p *pokes him*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back