• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] I'm an artist too! (AWsquared's Art Gallery)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years

58m29N4l.jpg

Introduction

Welcome to my gallery peeps! I finally decided to stop putting this off and post a gallery of my own! I've been drawing for all my life but I wasn't serious about until about I was at least in 6th grade. That's when I developed more of a style and it's been evolving since then. Anyway, I don't normally do commissions , but if you want any requests, I can do them. All comments and critiques (as long as it's not extremely negative ) are well accepted. I don't own any of the copyrighted properties I draw, which include Pokemon , My Little Pony and The Nightmare Before Christmas.

IZwPBcal.png

Pokemon Fan Art

Swimming in Unova
Spoiler:

Autumn Deerling
Spoiler:

Phanpy
Spoiler:

Pokemon OC
These are some OCs I made for a Pokemon fan fic I was gonna write. The characters are based on my self and two friends of mine, Elizabeth and Ray. I never got around to writing , but back in my mind I still want to attempt writing it. I was thinking or reworking the character designs eventually, or at least the one based on me.

This one is the OC based on me Kouzan Kurofuji
Spoiler:

This is the one based on my friend Elizabeth, Sei Chihara.
Spoiler:

And this is the one based on my friend Ray, Raiden Chihara. Raiden and Sei where gonna be twins.
Spoiler:

Other fan art/drawings
Anaki
Spoiler:

Boy
Spoiler:

Before School
Spoiler:

An Eerie Christmas
Spoiler:

The Sweetest Girl
Spoiler:

B0cZGbe.jpg

These are traditionally done paintings more or less.
Paint Your Eye Out
Spoiler:

Jesus Dying On the Cross
Spoiler:

Looking Good Miss Zombie
Spoiler:

Titleless Collage
Spoiler:

835l9Xzl.png

Pokemon Fan Art

Halloween 2012
Spoiler:

Ampharos
Spoiler:

Welcome to Kalos!
Spoiler:

Other Digital Art
Blush Pink
Spoiler:

In Christ's Eyes
Spoiler:

Oogie Boogie
Spoiler:

m2T70Cnl.jpg

All Star
Spoiler:

Try And Stop US
Spoiler:

Sing It For The World
Spoiler:

Put It On My Tab
Spoiler:

Desolated Wasteland
Spoiler:

Alluring Lights
Spoiler:

The Windmill of St. Louis
Spoiler:

Udon Noodles
Spoiler:

Empty Bench
Spoiler:

Church in near my house. (Haven't given it a title.)
Spoiler:

MPZVNm6l.png

These are WIPS or "works in progress". These aren't finished but they should be soon hopefully.
First one :
Spoiler:

I really felt the need to draw Professor Sycamore. I was thinking of either coloring this digitally but might go back to traditional. Why you guys think? Digital or Traditional coloring?
Dawn from Pokemon anime
Spoiler:

I started this around December 2012 and I'm just now finishing it. I was thinking of either coloring this digitally but might go back to traditional. Why you guys think? Digital or Traditional coloring?
Nate and Rosa
Spoiler:

Drew this in May 2012 when they were first revealed as the protagonist for Black 2 and White 2. This is the first time I've done lineart on GIMP so it's taking longer to complete than usual cause I'm still learning it. Kind of been putting off finishing it as well.

Others
The rest are mostly just random doodles and sketches that I did when bored.
Spoiler:

Thanks so much for all comments and critiques guys!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
First let me say how happy I am that you decided to open a gallery. :) We've known each other for some time now, been friendly, and I've always heard whispers of how you like to draw. It's a pleasure to finally be able to see what you're capable of. So, that said, I'm going to be a little hard on you. You're another artist who's work shares many similarities with the way I used to draw. Your potential is there, you just need to hone it.

Before I get to a legitimate critique, can I ask which pieces are your most recent? It looks like the WIPs are, but I'm not sure. I'm asking because your WIPs are a mile above where you were before. This is easily one of your best pieces anatomically speaking. The lines are clean, the hands have articulated digits, and the eyes are symmetrical. That, and you weren't heavy handed. You did a faint sketch of what you wanted and outlined the pointed you wanted to develop. That's definitely a good thing to do and results in a much stronger piece.

Now, I took the liberty of redlining one of your pieces. I hope you don't mind! A lot of the things I commented on are not present in the last example I pointed out, so it's clear that you're improving every day. Now from what you've posted, it's hard to tell if you've already been doing this; but you need to draw some guidelines. They're stupid and you've probably heard it a thousand times, but they actually do help. Just a little wire frame sketch of the focus, and you're more or less set. Symmetry is the key here. The rules of anime are pretty loose, but it's important that you're mindful of them regardless.

These guidelines (just like what I drew to the right of Dawn) will also help you with posing. A lot of your drawings, namely your Pokemon OCs, are chiefly in the same static post. You can get a lot more dramatic visual impact by doing 3/4 shots similar to what you did with your Rosa and Nate sketch. Don't be afraid to experiment! Try new stuff out, twist them around, and learn how far you can push things until they break.

I'll leave it as this for now, cause this post is long enough lol. Just keep at it, okay? :) You've got the skill, so keep sketching and you'll improve exponentially. Oh, and post them here too. :p I hope I wasn't too harsh!

Treecko

Years
First let me say how happy I am that you decided to open a gallery. :) We've known each other for some time now, been friendly, and I've always heard whispers of how you like to draw. It's a pleasure to finally be able to see what you're capable of. So, that said, I'm going to be a little hard on you. You're another artist who's work shares many similarities with the way I used to draw. Your potential is there, you just need to hone it.

Before I get to a legitimate critique, can I ask which pieces are your most recent? It looks like the WIPs are, but I'm not sure. I'm asking because your WIPs are a mile above where you were before. This is easily one of your best pieces anatomically speaking. The lines are clean, the hands have articulated digits, and the eyes are symmetrical. That, and you weren't heavy handed. You did a faint sketch of what you wanted and outlined the pointed you wanted to develop. That's definitely a good thing to do and results in a much stronger piece.

Now, I took the liberty of redlining one of your pieces. I hope you don't mind! A lot of the things I commented on are not present in the last example I pointed out, so it's clear that you're improving every day. Now from what you've posted, it's hard to tell if you've already been doing this; but you need to draw some guidelines. They're stupid and you've probably heard it a thousand times, but they actually do help. Just a little wire frame sketch of the focus, and you're more or less set. Symmetry is the key here. The rules of anime are pretty loose, but it's important that you're mindful of them regardless.

These guidelines (just like what I drew to the right of Dawn) will also help you with posing. A lot of your drawings, namely your Pokemon OCs, are chiefly in the same static post. You can get a lot more dramatic visual impact by doing 3/4 shots similar to what you did with your Rosa and Nate sketch. Don't be afraid to experiment! Try new stuff out, twist them around, and learn how far you can push things until they break.

I'll leave it as this for now, cause this post is long enough lol. Just keep at it, okay? :) You've got the skill, so keep sketching and you'll improve exponentially. Oh, and post them here too. :p I hope I wasn't too harsh!

Thanks so much. You weren't harsh at all, and very helpful. As long as your critiques are helpful and not just insulting my artwork like "you suck trolololol" then I'm okay with them.

The most current one is the Professor Sycamore one so I should probably add that in the OP. A good amount of my artwork is from 2011 to mid 2012 since I kind went a drawing hiatus from around the end of 2012 to the about May of this year. So I've definitely improved a bit since then. My most recent finished one is the one I entered for the GT this year (first one under Drawing traditional) and I used some guidelines on that. Though glad to know the Nate and Rosa one is mostly atomically correct. I believe I used some guidelines for that too. I'm not exactly professionally so I have lots of learning and it seems you've noticed that. I'm thinking of taking anatomy and figure drawing classes when I finally go to college to help me learn. I could also pick up some art and anime books until then.

The redlining is really helpful, thanks. I really can't correct it on that one much or at least not on the actual drawing. It's already inked in permanent marker pen so I really can't. >.> However, it's a really helpful guide for next time or if I decide to color it in on the computer instead with traditional mediums (my choice being colored pencils). I should use guidelines for my drawing. I'm not too good at drawing them so that's probably why I don't use them as much. But you are right they're really helpful. :) Thanks for the tips and everything!

Nakala Pri

WOWZA!! :O I'm in utter awe, you artist! Looking Good Miss Zombie is one of my faves. They're all my faves. xD

Treecko

Years
WOWZA!! :O I'm in utter awe, you artist! Looking Good Miss Zombie is one of my faves. They're all my faves. xD

Thanks so much!

New art! well this is from a few months ago, but I forgot to post this when initially making the thread and it wasn't finished.

This is a drawing of the Pokemon, Phanpy I drew sometime ago and I finally colored it in.
I decided to do something different and traced it with colored pencil instead of ink and then I colored a background/edited it on GIMP.

Spoiler:

Adding to the OP under Traditional drawings cause it's more traditional than digital.

Treecko

Years
*bump*

I thought I post a preview of something I'm working on. In order to celebrate X and Y's release, I'm posting a drawing today. I'm hoping I get it up early this morning or late afternoon but here's a sneak peak.
Spoiler:

Treecko

Years
Okay! Finally finished! I posted this WAY later than I wanted to. >.>

I wanted to celebrate the release of Pokemon X and Y, by finishing a drawing of Professor Sycamore I drew sometime back.
Spoiler:

Just so people know, when I started this drawing, they had yet to reveal that Professor Sycamore did not give out the Kalos starters, but the Kantos starters instead. Oh well. Can't really change it and I just really wanted to get this done. So X and Y's release day (although I'm several hours short) was perfect.

I'm just really glad that it's finally done. It took longer than I thought. >.<

Treecko

Years
Update!!!

I drew a little something for Halloween.

Spoiler:

When I first saw Pumkaboo, I thought it was the cutest Ghost Pokemon ever so I had to draw it for Halloween! Of course I had to put it's evolution, Gourgeist in the drawing too. I'm glad we have a pumpkin Pokemon finally! And a Ghost/Grass type too which is what I guessed what a pumpkin Pokemon's typing would be!

Also touched up just a bit. Changed the lighting and added some more shading, shadows and highlights.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Treecko

Years
Hello there new update.

If you're on tumblr , you might know that during December there's a challenge that goes on called Pokemon On Kommand Every Day In December Extra Xtreme or POKEDDEX

Well this year it's called POKEDDEXY since the challenge was updated for X and Y (So now it's Pokemon On Kommand Every Day In December Encompassing X and Y).

Anyway the whole idea is you draw a Pokemon everyday bases on whatever goes with that day so like yesterday was Favorite Dragon type and today is favorite Electric type.

I decided to give the challenge a try and will be posting the drawings here. I usually add long explanations on my tumblr posts, but I won't make you guys read through those. :) I'll juts post the drawings as the days go along. Here's the drawings for Days 1, 2, and 3. I'm gonna work on today's now and post it later.

If you want to do the challenge, here's the updated version: http://lugidog.tumblr.com/post/67290232831/since-the-pokeddex-challenge-for-december-was

And the old version cause it has the rules and such. http://itsvondell.tumblr.com/post/13584560532/pokemon-on-kommand-every-day-in-december-extra
I'm doing the updated version.

Day 1: Favorite Bug Type

Spoiler:

It's Scizor!

Day 2: Favorite Dark type:
Spoiler:

Absol! Though technically it's Umbreon, but the rules suggest no to use the same Pokemon twice, so Absol it is since that's my second favorite.

Day 3: Favorite Dark type
Spoiler:

Decided to go digital for this one, but yup, Hydreigon. I'm thinking of doing it digitally for most of the challenge, particularly in this style since it's quick. I don't want to spend tons of time on these.

If you want to follow me as I post them on tumblr, my blog is in the link in the signature. ;)

Last edited:

Treecko

Years
I got done with day 4's a bit late but here it is!'

Favorite Electric Type

Spoiler:

Ampharos has been on a good amount of teams of mine. I used it in Gold HeartGold, and Black 2 so far and likely I'll be using one in Y when I get my copy. Every time I've used an Ampharos in one of my teams, I was always satisfied with the results. It's very much worth it raising a Mareep and Flaaffy through so many levels cause in the end, it evolves into one strong Pokemon. On top of that it's cute. Plus it's Mega Evolution is fabulous.

Treecko

Years
Another day, another POKEDDEXY drawing posted the day after. >. >

Day 5 - Favorite Fairy Type. Sylveon
Spoiler:

Fairy's still a new type so I really can't say I have a favorite yet so I drew one I really like. The new Eeveelution, Sylveon. I have to admit, when I first saw Sylveon, I thought "this looks nothing like an Eevelution". But it grew on me and it's typing made me like it even more. It's just so cute! It's the perfect example what of a Fairy type Eevee would look like!

I'm pleasantly surprised with how this turned out. The background happened by accident, but I love it.

(Wouldn't mind some thoughts, but it's is fine if no one does.)

Treecko

Years

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Wow, I really like a lot of your work here! I'm not an artist of any sort myself, but I can see that you've definitely got some skills there. I greatly admire that as I can't personally draw for nuts xD If you don't mind a suggestion or two from a non-artist, you could perhaps improve on your hand-colouring skills such as that done for your Phanpy and Autumn Deerling as well as your outlining. They're a little uneven here and there. Your digital colouring is great in my eyes though, so good job on that. Keep on at it, improve, and most importantly, never give up! :D

Treecko

Years
Thanks Amanda! I've been told my hand coloring skills were sort of sloppy and not consistent and it's something I've been trying to improve on. I've seen a lot of drawings colored with colored pencils or other traditional media that look really amazing. I know that just cause it isn't colored digitally, I know it can still be an amazing looking drawing.

Anyway.
POKEDDEXY Day 7 Favorite Fire Type
Arcanine/Fennekin
Spoiler:

I decided to color with colored pencils this time cause I'm too lazy right to color it on the computer and I wanted to practice my pencil coloring skills.

Anyway, Arcanine has been a favorite of mine since Generation 1. I love the design it has, in particular the stripes on it's body. Recently though, Fennekin (the Fire starter in Pokemon X and Y for those unaware) has been creeping up closely to Arcanine as my favorite Fire type. So I had to draw it. It's just so cute!! Plus foxes are cool, especially fire foxes. And (I may be the minority here) I really like it's final evolution ,Delphox and it's first evo, Braixzen. I love the witch theme it has and the fact that Braixzen and Delphox carry a stick and use it was a wand for attacks. Plus Delphox is Fire/Psychic and I've been wanting a Fire/Psychic fox for a long while.

Treecko

Years
Okay catch up day (sort of)

POKEDDEXY Day 8 Favorite Flying Type- Braviary.

TODAY WE LEARN THAT AARON CAN'T DRAW BIRDS WORTH A CRAP. (At least the clouds are good.)

Spoiler:

Anyway, Braviary takes the cake for favorite Flying type. The first time I saw it , I fell in love with it at first sight. It's one of the coolest looking bird Pokemon ever. I mean it's a freaking eagle for crying out loud! How is that not cool? Along with that, it's very powerful. I have one on my White team and it has kicked so much butt! Now I'm training a Rufflet in Black 2 and it's been a great team member so far.

Day 9 Favorite Ghost Type -Sableye

Didn't technically draw anything but just uploaded a drawing I did last year for Halloween. Should probably draw a new drawing, but too lazy to do that now. XD I will though.

Spoiler:

I don't know why I like Sableye, but I really do. I always found it interesting that has diamonds for eyes. So while it's not the strongest Pokemon, there's something about that grin and those eyes that make me really like it.

Treecko

Years
I'm so behind (and I'm just spamming these at this point) but whatever.

POKEDDEXY DAY -Favorite Ghost Type

Spoiler:

It's Sableye!! I don't know why I like Sableye, but I really do. I always found it interesting that has diamonds for eyes. Prior to the Fairy type's introduction in Generation 6 (which starts with Pokemon X and Y ) , it had no weakness, but now that's sadly all changed since Fairy type moves are super effective against Dark types. So while t's not the strongest Pokemon, there's something about that grin and those eyes that make me really like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back