• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help-14's Pokémon Following Character script - fixes and additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2016
I want to adapt this script to my project, sinc emy project uses the Pokémon Essentials that was release in december of 2012, the version number 11 to be more exactly. How can I adapt this script? Some1 could me explain? Or create some tutorial? Sorry if I am bother you, but here I need help. I want to try to make this optional, everytime the player wants to put his pokemon outside then he/her is free to do so, but the player can make his/her pokemon inside of the pokeball, like ti is in pokeMMO for example. Sorry to waste your time :S

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2023
none of these dropbox links seem to work

Exception: NameError

Message: uninitialized constant DependentEvents::Current_Following_Variable

Pokemon Following Characters:61:in `refresh_sprite'

PokemonParty:1995:in `pbPokemonScreen'

PokemonParty:1897:in `loop'

PokemonParty:2024:in `pbPokemonScreen'

PokemonPauseMenu:173:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

PokemonPauseMenu:172:in `pbFadeOutIn'

PokemonPauseMenu:172:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

PokemonPauseMenu:142:in `loop'

PokemonPauseMenu:256:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

Scene_Map:188:in `call_menu'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Gebruiker\Saved Games/Pokemon Lunar Version/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
hi men :), look i find this bug, when you lose a battle, i mean when all your pokemon die and show up in the CP, your pokemon will cease to follow after they are cured, do not appear :S, but only happens when all your pokemon die, now if there is at least one live and priests if they appear

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
hi men :), look i find this bug, when you lose a battle, i mean when all your pokemon die and show up in the CP, your pokemon will cease to follow after they are cured, do not appear :S, but only happens when all your pokemon die, now if there is at least one live and priests if they appear

I'm pretty sure this is known. You just have to add the following line again in Pokemon Centers, but only in the autorun page that happens when you die. Just throw in pbPokemonFollow(x) and have a blank event there

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
thx men that help me a lot xD, but now I have this problem, when I add the script, activates the surf in the water, without a pokemon have learned the technique surf , you speak only in the water and asks if you want to surf if you selec yes, it begins to surf, do i not know why this happens, and also from talking to your pokemon do not appear the animations, emoticons and I have created in the database at the animation with the same names that are in the script :S

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
thx men that help me a lot xD, but now I have this problem, when I add the script, activates the surf in the water, without a pokemon have learned the technique surf , you speak only in the water and asks if you want to surf if you selec yes, it begins to surf, do i not know why this happens, and also from talking to your pokemon do not appear the animations, emoticons and I have created in the database at the animation with the same names that are in the script :S

First problem: This is normal in essentials. If you are playing in debug mode you can use HMs without badges. If you try in the normal game file you won't be able to do this.

Emoticons: Are the correct graphics in the folder Graphics/Animations? If you put the emotion animations in the database are their numbers in the database matching the numbers you put for them in Settings Script?

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2016
Some1 can tell me how can I install this script in pokemon essentials v11?

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
First problem: This is normal in essentials. If you are playing in debug mode you can use HMs without badges. If you try in the normal game file you won't be able to do this.

Emoticons: Are the correct graphics in the folder Graphics/Animations? If you put the emotion animations in the database are their numbers in the database matching the numbers you put for them in Settings Script?

thnx , i only have to change the numbers in the settings script :) , but the animation when the pokemon comes out of the pokeball or when or stored in the pokeball not shown :S and i change the numbers in the settings , and nothing happens

and when i heal to a pokemon in the pokemon center does not disappear when the nurse removed my pokemon (always stays by my side)

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2016
Well, that was already fixed, what a dumb that I am xD

Last edited:

Aljen

The Lost Boy...
Years
Zingzags, can you help me to show all 6 pokemon outside the map not only the first one?
<sorry for my bad english, I'm from VietNam> ==
Ah, I got an error with pbWait in pokemon follow script,and I deleted all the pbWait(), does anything can go wrong with it?
Message: Section153:203:in `talk_to_pokemon'undefined method `pbWAit' for #<DependentEvents:0xbc23208>

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
Years
Hey there! -w-

I've got a quick question. When picking your starter, what is the command to initiate the Pokemon following you? I can't seem to remember.

EDIT: I found the code!

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
So does this still work, since it was 2012, and all the graphics file locations are dead...?

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
Years
Yes, it works.

Mine is a bit jumpy when the Pokémon move, but it still works. I'm not too sure if it is supposed to be like that, but eh. :\ Do you need the graphics, Nickaloose?

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Yes I do, if you have them :)
On another note, I'm not sure I can get this to work... But I'll keep playing with it anyway, but the graphics of emotions is all I need since I'll edit what files it's going to use anyway :)
Thanks.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 5, 2020
Umm... Someone can send me the graphics please? The links don't work, the page showed me "error 404". I really want use this script. :c

Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2013
I've been getting this error when trying to talk to my pokemon. Everything else works perfectly except that...I've searched through this thread since other pople have the same issue it seems but none of the solutions help..Any ideas?
http://snag.gy/4vAcm.jpg

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2021
I've been getting this error when trying to talk to my pokemon. Everything else works perfectly except that...I've searched through this thread since other pople have the same issue it seems but none of the solutions help..Any ideas?
http://snag.gy/4vAcm.jpg

Tayuta, i found the solution of your problem!! :D

The solution if that you dont have defined the Emoticons icons spritesheet, i happens the same to me, and when i defined then it WORKS!!

If you dont know how to do this, send me a PM with your mail and i will send you the solution!!

Regards

Aegis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back