• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First ever banner =O

Years
Well I got a tryout thing of Photoshop 7.0 today, to see what it's like, y'know, well here is the outcome of my first attempt...with the help of a few tutorials mind you...

FriendsOnly.gif

Okay...I need better font's and perhaps better tutorials...but at least I learnt about Layers =D

XD

So tell me what you think...baring in mind that it is a first attempt XP

Blaze

Shine On~
Years
Very nice, however the font in banner at the top is unreadable to myself... Maybe either make it bigger or change the font to one easier on the eyes....

I honestly like the effect in the center of the banner :3 the steam misty stuff ;P

Years
Eheh, people allways say that the text I use is too small...but when I do it...I see no problem with it, meaning I probably spend so much time on the computer that I have grown use to any sort/size of text XP

Anyways, thanks for the comments and crit ^_^

Memory

let's waste time ✖
Years
the picture is really done well ^^ i can read the top script, but just barely ^^
I like the effect in the middle, too. Awesome for a first try! i wnoder where people do all of these things... 0.0
i only have regular paint...

Blaze

Shine On~
Years
~*Strider*~ said:
Eheh, people allways say that the text I use is too small...but when I do it...I see no problem with it, meaning I probably spend so much time on the computer that I have grown use to any sort/size of text XP

Anyways, thanks for the comments and crit ^_^

After webmastering for 7 almost 8 years, your eyes kinda get rather lazy ;P

But I think its just because its so close to the top, which is why it is so unreadable to me.

Sawyer

���
Years
With the font... perhaps set the smoothness to smooth (there's two little a's and under it'll say strong, crisp, classic, smooth, etc.) I like it... the stock matches the lightning effect really well.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
Years
That's pretty good for a first attempt! The cutting's somewhat rough and I really don't like that font, but still good. ^_^

Ignore what Shane said -- that's for Photoshop. In PSP, under where you enter your text, there'll be a little button with an eye on it. Press that, and your text will be anti-aliased (which is the same as what Shane was trying to instruct).

Sawyer

���
Years
Airashii, what can you expect from a first attempt? xD when I first started out my cutting was awful... I had to resort to making brushes out of my pics so that the little white parts didn't show up XD my cutting is still kind of rough, you can't really get it to go away... I just blend it in with the background with the smudge tool... but that's kind of tough with a background like this one. :/ Honestly, I don't think that having a banner with all of the aspects being perfect matters... Hell, it's better to have tried than to have said that you suck at it and can't do it like most people do. That's how I got where I am today... and look at the banner I wear in my sig. It's hardly a banner at all, but... at least I've tried and have been trying for the past 3 years. So keep at it, It always makes my day to see someone trying their hardest and not bragging about it or not trying at all. =)

Years
Thanks Sawyer! It does boost my confidence when I have replies like that ^_^ I know it's not the best, it is a first attempt, but I thought it turned out pretty well concidering that XD

Anyways, I made another today, and this is what it turned out like o.o

Varon.gif

and these two XP

Atemu-Yugi.gif
Yami-no-Bakura.gif

XD, I need to learn more text effects...XP

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
the first banner is better than the second..... maybe its the pic you used, but the avatars are good great job ^^

Composer of Requiems

Hand over your presents.
Years
Hmmm you know the part where you select options for the fonts?

There should be a drop down menu, with the following options:

None
Sharp
Crisp
Strong
Smooth

You should use "none" only if you're using pixel fonts. For fonts like the one you used in your banner, the other options look a lot better.

This is for anti-alias... basically, it helps the font to blend in better to the rest of the image. Now, looks too pixelated.

Back