• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Staff Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Thing is, you guys are suppose to keep this all clean and safe and what not, but the solution for that is to close off stuff before anything is answered and moved off into a giant pile that's takes forever to look through. As more and more stuff is piled on, the more it gets lost and the more people have to make new threads to try to find answers. And cuz the last 2 attempts to get this question answered got closed off and ignored, i'm still wondering. Is there a way to better organize the forums so that info can be quickly and easily found?

I'll try to help as best as possible. What information are you looking to be better organized, if you could be a little more specific?

Phangy

Master
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
I'll try to help as best as possible. What information are you looking to be better organized, if you could be a little more specific?

It's everything really, I'm mostly on the X and Y forum, there are only 4 links in the into (trade, battle, In-game team help, and FC sharing) but i saw a post about challenges that got moved, maybe a link to that since it seems to be a popular thing. Also noticed that in the Q and A thread, there's a FAQ that's been "coming soon" for months now. Maybe getting that together and referring people there from the Intro would help a bit.

It's just that if you have a question about anything or are seeking help, it's hard to find on here.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
It's everything really, I'm mostly on the X and Y forum, there are only 4 links in the into (trade, battle, In-game team help, and FC sharing) but i saw a post about challenges that got moved, maybe a link to that since it seems to be a popular thing. Also noticed that in the Q and A thread, there's a FAQ that's been "coming soon" for months now. Maybe getting that together and referring people there from the Intro would help a bit.

It's just that if you have a question about anything or are seeking help, it's hard to find on here.

Well, to be fair, I'm fairly sure that challenge threads haven't been posted all that often and now that one has been posted it's obvious that there's a little interest. If more get posted in the future, I can assure you that the X/Y moderators will notice an influx and add a notice in the forum's header with a redirect to the challenges section. The portions that have been covered - trading, battling, in-game team help, and FC sharing - are givens and some of the most popular portions of the game that people often mistake the X/Y section as being devoted to, which three out of four of those things are not to be done there.

As for the FAQ, that's up to the moderators to finish so I can't help you there. It's an unspoken thing around here (but it should definitely be spoken now because it should be absolutely be as clear as possible to new members) that you should go to the moderator of the section in question if you're not sure where to find something. A moderators' only role isn't keeping the forum clean, but to act as a guiding hand to the members and if they're ever unsure of something, to be the go-to person to clear any grey area or ambiguity regarding a topic or something of the sort. I hope this helped even a little bit. If not, feel free to post again or VM/PM me.

Phangy

Master
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
you have helped a bit, but still lacking in the actual resolution department. While be it it's whoever moderator to do a FAQ, obviously there's no one telling them to actually do it or telling them to edit the post saying that's its going to be done. and if he/she doesn't want to actually do it at all, could always outsource to the community. Plenty of people would love to contribute making stuff like that. Also, it's not clear who to go to moderator wise for help, or that i could do that at all in the first place. I posted a thread about possible fixes and the moderator who closed it failed to say that he could be contacted about stuff, just put a link to this thread.

and as for the challenges thread, super popular or not, doesn't take much work to put a link with the others, does it? and who knows, if people knew about it, it might just get a few more views.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
you have helped a bit, but still lacking in the actual resolution department. While be it it's whoever moderator to do a FAQ, obviously there's no one telling them to actually do it or telling them to edit the post saying that's its going to be done. and if he/she doesn't want to actually do it at all, could always outsource to the community. Plenty of people would love to contribute making stuff like that.

True; perhaps that's something you can bring up with the X/Y moderators!

Phangy said:
Also, it's not clear who to go to moderator wise for help

The top of each forum has which moderators moderate that board in blue names. Also, the Forum Leaders page has every moderator's name, along with the board they moderate, listed as well as a link to private message them. You can find the appropriate moderator and quickly send them a PM that way. I'm sorry that it wasn't made clear that you can contact a moderator. I personally try to make it obvious that I can be contacted, but some people maybe just forget to mention it. I assure you that every moderator is very open minded and always willing to answer your questions in private.

Phangy said:
and as for the challenges thread, super popular or not, doesn't take much work to put a link with the others, does it? and who knows, if people knew about it, it might just get a few more views.

It could just be due to the fact the mods didn't think challenges would be mistakenly posted there so they didn't include a link in the header at the time.

Phangy

Master
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
True; perhaps that's something you can bring up with the X/Y moderators!

does that mean that nobody actually monitors the mods? Seems like on the X and Y forum, the main mod is Guy, and his attitude makes him a bit unapproachable. Granted you have moderators so that the forums are maintained, but you still have to watch those in charge. Waiting around for a problem to happen isn't good management.

Guy

just a guy
Years
re: X/Y FAQ

Nymphadora, Hoenn, and myself have discussed the making of the FAQ. Since it's a long project, we covered slightly how we'd like to go about making it, what we'll include, and who will cover what when compiling the FAQ. I've also mentioned to one or two members personally that if they would like to create a specific guide for something, they are welcome to do so and once the FAQ is up we'll add their guide on. Of course at the same time we also have lives outside of the forum, so we can't always devote time to it. With the holidays and exams, you can assume all three of us might be a little bit busier than normal, but I think I can safely say that come the new year the FAQ is something we'll be working harder on putting up.

There's also the matter that the games are still relatively new and we're always learning something new, so we don't want to put up a FAQ that misses out on anything too important or overlooked. We want it to be as thorough and as helpful as possible.

re: Forum Header

For now we try to help guide the members where they can go. The large header at the top of the forum was specifically put there to make it more noticeable. Still, members sometimes overlook this and that's not entirely our fault. Challenges aren't something that comes up very often in X/Y and to avoid making the header any more of an eyesore, I wouldn't think about adding more to it.

re: Contact

Anyone is free to contact me whenever they like. I don't think I should have to tell anyone that. My visitor messages are open to anyone who wants to talk to me and sending me a private message is always an open option if they want. I linked you here because the main focus of your thread was on the feedback of how we did things as moderators. I apologize that you didn't think you could send me a private message if that's what you initially would have preferred doing.

About your earlier post about being passive aggressive and just being lazy and handing you links, I was genuinely trying to help guide you to the things you made mention of in your earlier thread. I wasn't aggravated with your thread or how you felt in any way. In fact, I actually appreciated your thread and how you felt open and safe enough to give your feelings to how we do things. I just wanted to point you in the right direction so that your opinions could be more well heard and better handled with thorough discussion in the proper place. That said, if you do have anything at all you'd ever like me to know you are very much welcome to message me. That goes to anyone actually.

does that mean that nobody actually monitors the mods? Seems like on the X and Y forum, the main mod is Guy, and his attitude makes him a bit unapproachable. Granted you have moderators so that the forums are maintained, but you still have to watch those in charge. Waiting around for a problem to happen isn't good management.
I actually feel ready bad that you feel this way, and I apologize if I came off as unapproachable as that was never nor has it ever been my intention. I've always tried to be open to everyone, and when I handle things as a moderator (i.e. closing or moving threads), I try to do so in a light and fun response as to not come off as overly serious to the members reading it. The last thing I want is for members to feel intimidated by me or think they can't come to me for any reason at all.

Last edited:

Phangy

Master
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
re: X/Y FAQ

About your earlier post about being passive aggressive and just being lazy and handing you links,

never said you were lazy, but w/e. I do appreciate and want to thank you guys listening and everything. You have helped a bit.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I want to say that I've noticed that some H-staff are more publicly spoken than others. Admins such as Audy and Steve and s-mods such as Livewire and Astinus seem to be more active in the public forums, which is a good thing. While I won't say that its bad that the other admins and global mods don't post outside as much, it's always nice when they do.

I also want to applaud the work of a few staff members in particular.

First, there's Slayr231. Right after he was promoted, he was right on it with managing his section, and he doesn't miss a beat. I love how he's so intimate with his forum, hosting contests and all, and I think he is a perfect fit for the section. :)

Second, there's Livewire (currently Finnick Odair). When he moderated D&D (and when he modded OC&D), I always thought that he could do no wrong. XD He was an almost digital sophisticated master debater, and there was very few opinions he posted that I didn't agree with. I'm also glad that he didn't vanish into the staff HQ never to be seen again when he was promoted to global moderator. Plus he has a humourous side that's really sweet. :D

Third, and finally, there's Sheep. Never have I met a person that was more positive than her. She always met me and everyone else with absolute kindness, even when I was unintentionally rude (which I am sometimes :/). Even without Cid's and Megan's help, she's taken care of the Welcome Lounge like a treasure, so much that the place feels like a warm safe haven for me. <3 Sheep is second to none in positivity among staff; I have no doubt about that. ;D

I also want to applaud the work of one former staff member (if that's alright with you guys). I want to say that the work of twocows in OC&D/D&D was beyond amazing. With all the posts of his I've read, there wasn't a single thing he said that I didn't agree with completely, moreso than Livewire. I think that really said something. :)

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
RockSmashGod said:
First, there's Slayr231. Right after he was promoted, he was right on it with managing his section, and he doesn't miss a beat. I love how he's so intimate with his forum, hosting contests and all, and I think he is a perfect fit for the section.
1.%20smile.gif
I would just like to say thank you. I don't really get a lot of feedback on how I'm doing, so it's always nice to hear that I'm doing something right. Making sure I'm still a presence and not one of those ghost moderators that are never there is definitely a priority. I try my best to be in touch with the members and make sure that everyone feels welcomed, so it's nice to know that my efforts are paying off.

Can I post feedback? Yes? No? Oh well, doing it anyway. I really like how active each mod is in their section. I sometimes go on other sites where I look specifically in their writing section and I don't see them anywhere. It's like they only appear to hand out infractions and to close threads. I really like how the mods here, for the most part, are still really active in their section.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
I started a thread in the clubs Fan groups section, and one your moderators is starting trouble for me. I was wondering if thre was anyway he could be disallowed from posting in my thread. I haven't had any issues here until him, now I have an "infraction" which is based off nothing. I mean from the basis of my infraction it's easier to get one here than catch a cold naked in Alaska. I've asked him multiple times vey politely not to post in my thread that I started. Could someone please help?

Sirfetch’d

I started a thread in the clubs Fan groups section, and one your moderators is starting trouble for me. I was wondering if thre was anyway he could be disallowed from posting in my thread. I haven't had any issues here until him, now I have an "infraction" which is based off nothing. I mean from the basis of my infraction it's easier to get one here than catch a cold naked in Alaska. I've asked him multiple times vey politely not to post in my thread that I started. Could someone please help?

If a moderator is giving you trouble it's best to take it to PM with them to sort it out or to take it to a higher staff member. I'm sure you weren't infracted for simply nothing but you really should respond to the moderator who gave it to you if you are seeking clarification.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
Thanks is it possible that he can be banned from my thread tho. I was infracted cause I said I didn't know why he was posting and I suggested he might be spewing diearhia from his mouth because he posted a comment that unreasonably questioned a fact after continually challenging me.. Idk how that deems me worthy of an infraction but I'll live with it,w.e, I just don't want any problems and I sense with him as a continued presence in my thread there will be more issues. I don't want to give a another try or anything I'm not a confrontational person but he's pressing my buttons and really irking me and he also continuously uses profanity in our Pm's where I've only asked him politely to stay out of my thread.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Thanks is it possible that he can be banned from my thread tho. I was infracted cause I said I didn't know why he was posting and I suggested he might be spewing diearhia from his mouth because he posted a comment that unreasonably questioned a fact after continually challenging me.. Idk how that deems me worthy of an infraction but I'll live with it,w.e, I just don't want any problems and I sense with him as a continued presence in my thread there will be more issues. I don't want to give a another try or anything I'm not a confrontational person but he's pressing my buttons and really irking me and he also continuously uses profanity in our Pm's where I've only asked him politely to stay out of my thread.

I dunno. I took a look at your Wrestling club and I don't see anything by any mod that seems like they are harassing you. We all have our own opinions and even we are merely human. All I saw was healthy debating going on among people who have serious interest in both the wrestlers they like and the company. You have different views and that'll cause a bit of conflict but as far as I've seen there is nothing malicious for any of the mods that seemed to have posted.

If you still feel as if they are treating you unfairly, first question the Higher Staff member that gave you the infraction since that seems to have been a post outside of the thread, and I will say, based on what you just said in here, that was very disrespectful and did possibly warrant the infraction on its own. You can still contest it but I don't know if it would be able to be reversed if its as you said.

For the mod you have an issue, report any posts you don't think are nice, if the issue is bad enough the high staff will step in to correct the mod.

Though no there is no way to ban anyone from a specific forum/thread. Not as far as I know of.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
Him continuing to post in my thread is only going to cause more issues I've never recieved an infraction or anything here until him so I hope something can be done i don't want problems and I really don't want him in my thread

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Him continuing to post in my thread is only going to cause more issues I've never recieved an infraction or anything here until him so I hope something can be done i don't want problems and I really don't want him in my thread

Like I said, I don't think anything can really be done. I saw nothing malicious myself. I just saw two opposing view points on different wrestlers. By all means if you think its needed contact anyone with an Orange or Red name. I personally can't really do anything other than urge you to follow the proper procedure when feeling harassed by a staff member.

If you feel a post is violating the rules, then please report it and the staff will look into it.

Years
Just butting in here, but afaik we don't ban people from threads. I've never seen it happen, and I'll take it that's just not how we operate. We don't do things on demand either.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
If the problem is serious enough, h-staff will step in to keep someone from posting in a thread. On looking the thread over, however, it just seems like a disagreement of opinions and who keeps up on wrestling news more than the other person. It's nothing heated enough to ban someone from posting in a thread on a subject they enjoy.

As for your infraction, you should take that up with the super moderator who gave you the infraction since they can explain the reasoning behind it.

If you continue to have problems with someone on the staff team, report their posts or private messages and h-staff will look into the situation.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
First of blah I'm not demanding anything don't insinuate, and it's not really the thread per say, or what he exactly said it's the manner in which he did so and our Pm's and I have reported them and messages the supermod who issued my infraction haven't heard back yet. Secondly he enters my thread and drops "butthole" I than question his posting by asking If he's just spewing diearhia... So I think those words are about on the same level. I don't think I was being disrespectful, but whatever I'll wait for the super mod to handle this.

And FYI blah I posted here because the supers who have me my infraction started this thread, thanks for your valuable input tho really helped me out.

Thanks to the other mods who did actually help me

Anyone with decent comprehension of the English language can clearly read that I asked if he could be banned twice than I said " I hope he can be banned " never once did I demand or say you must ban him so for the mods who are accusing me of that and pming me stop trying to stick up for your fellow mod it's biased unfair to members who aren't mods. I already feel unfairly persecuted here I don't need you putting words in my mouth or taking my words out of context. I'd like to tlk to a super mod about that as well because that's pretty insane.

Last edited:
Years
This aint feedback of any kind, and this isn't the place to complain about it either, so I'd appreciate it if you could take that out of my thread and into PM's, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back