• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Second Hack of the Quarter - 2012

Hack of the Quarter?

• Pokemon Bronze

Votes: 17 15.0%
  • Pokemon Rose

Votes: 58 51.3%
  • Pokemon Furious Flames

Votes: 38 33.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
As much as I like Bela and Pokémon Rose, Pokémon Bronze easily outclasses the other hacks in my opinion.

PS. I'd like to point out that the CSS layout is horrible and would be better off without one.

Last edited:
Years
Guess I'm gonna go for Furious Flames... I gotta agree that the choices IMO and from my point of view could have been better, but oh well... maybe next time =)

Also why fire red backwards edition was not selected? it was a pretty neat hack and finished. silver legend is also in the progression hacks with a beta and has the most appeal than any hack ever created imo. dark rising thread came out in april of this year and has the 2nd most replies in the progression hacks. 2nd only to ash grey which came out in 2010. it also has the 5th highest views in the section.
I have played furious flames and it is just too basic for my taste. so im sticking with rose. who chooses the nominations? is there a thread for it as well?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
It may have been nominated before, but yes...having not won, technically it is still eligible. I'm not part of the nominating committee, so that is where an answer would have to come from.

Cyclone

Logan

Years
It may have been nominated before, but yes...having not won, technically it is still eligible. I'm not part of the nominating committee, so that is where an answer would have to come from.

Cyclone
I've never played your hack but you're acting like it's some kind of massive deal. I don't know the procedures for HotQ but back when we did HotM we tried not to nominate the same hacks more than once in a row just to give other hacks their chances. My advice to you is to chill out, keep working on making your hack better and if it's good enough come next quarter I'm sure it'll be nominated. At the end of the day it's just a meaningless award on an internet forum.

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Pokemon Bronze is okay. It's honestly not fantastic and the tiles that spell out "POOP" where the player can't see are retarded, but I'm bias for G/S/C because I started on it and I know how hard it can be to hack so it gets my vote <3

Otherwise, I can see why Rose is winning, as it looks pretty good. I can also see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. What I can't see is why Furious Flames is nominated for "Hack of the Quarter" when clearly it should be in the contest "Edit of the Quarter".

First screen = Fuchsia City with an NPC giving away Treecko instead of Bulbasaur like in Yellow.
Second screen = Exact replica of Route 101 except with improper tree shading... what.
Third screen = A reused Gym Leader from R/S/E with minor map edits.

marcc5m

what
Years
Okay so I've just had a proper look at the other two hacks, having not really looked at many hacks at all in months, and I have to say that if these are the best hacks in the Progressing Hacks section I am very, very disappointed.

Years
Okay so I've just had a proper look at the other two hacks, having not really looked at many hacks at all in months, and I have to say that if these are the best hacks in the Progressing Hacks section I am very, very disappointed.

They are not at all. I do not know wat the mods were thinking with the choices. silver legend, dark rising, victory fire, hyetology, are all in the progression hacks and deserve to be here. on pokemon hackers online both dark rising and silver legend are already in their respective hack showcase on the website.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I'm naturally going with Pokémon Rose.
Mainly for the music. I've heard them all over on Superior Larxene's Channel on teh youtub
and it's actually pretty good music. <3

Logan

Years
on pokemon hackers online both dark rising and silver legend are already in their respective hack showcase on the website.
You're talking like that's something to be proud of :P.

I think people are overreacting about the hack choices. At the end of the day a hack, as well as all thing in life, being good or not is subjective. Just because you may not like the hack choices doesn't mean that someone else doesn't (in this case giradialkia and DrFuji). However, I do agree that if the community are going to be asked to vote on three hacks I think they should be somehow involved with the picking/nomination of the three hacks in question. I know it never worked like that in Hack of the Month but the community as a whole has moved on and I think it now deserves the opportunity to help nomination the hacks and be more involved. There are many things you can to get the community involved in a much fairer way than the present:

• have a nomination thread out a week prior to the actual voting thread and have people nomination hacks similar to how Hack of the Year works and then take the top three hacks and have a poll voting thread
  • choose select, deserving, members of the community to be on a fair and unbiased selection committee and have them choose the three hacks
  • just have a straight out vote where people can vote for any hack in the community and have the hack with the most votes win
Those are probably the three best ways to go in my opinion. I prefer 1 or 2 but I'd definitely take any of them over the way it's run now.

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
I vote Rose because the scriptings are Uh--huh MaZinGuh!

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
there should have been a nomination for HotQ thread before the actual HotQ thread itself, the three hacks chosen imo arent fantastic (compared to some very well-made ones in the past HotQ) and MANY other quality hacks like dark rising/hyetology have been omitted, why?

Would the person who narrowed down this three care to even explain the process of nomination? or is it just some "lets pick 3 random ones that i see from progressing and put them up?"

Cos honestly furious flames shldnt even be there in the first place, its more of a edit in the vein of Blaze black/volt white then an actual hack with general overhaul of events and scripts in the game.

Years
there should have been a nomination for HotQ thread before the actual HotQ thread itself, the three hacks chosen imo arent fantastic (compared to some very well-made ones in the past HotQ) and MANY other quality hacks like dark rising/hyetology have been omitted, why?

Would the person who narrowed down this three care to even explain the process of nomination? or is it just some "lets pick 3 random ones that i see from progressing and put them up?"

Cos honestly furious flames shldnt even be there in the first place, its more of a edit in the vein of Blaze black/volt white then an actual hack with general overhaul of events and scripts in the game.

Exactly my point. I know pokecommunity is not as crowded in the rom hacking section as it once was, but the amount of views and replies for this thread after 4-5 days is not even close to the amount the first quarter hacks had within 4-5 days of their thread. this shows the lack of interest in the nominated hacks.

will the people who picked the 3 hacks nominated respond with an explaination for the community please?

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I haven't played Bronze so i have on comment on that but between Furious Flames and Rose I'd have to pick Rose because it has great Tilesets and the story is interesting which in the current Beta goes only till the 2nd gym so thats saying a lot, whereas in Furious Flames they've made it so that we can go in two regions (Hoenn and Kanto) which is great but it lacks in a proper story plot.

As for the nominations i think there should be a thread where we can choose what the nominations should be for the next HotQ or atleast have a say in it.

Last edited:
Years
It has been a week and both gira and fuji failed to answer the communities question on how these hacks were picked and why. guess that is saying something...

johnr754

I am JOHN, heck yeah!
Years
Bronze, because finding a good GSC hack is hard, and it's near completion!
I haven't played Rose nor that FR hack yet, but Bronze is good. Kinda hard to hack GSC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back