• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
yes but I need to see FR/LG scripts..:(
The program is called Scriptdec, and the tutorial is for Fr/Lg/R/S/E
In the Documents and tutorial's section. It is called 'Using scriptdec to view.....'

Don't feel like posting links, so you'll have to look for yourself.
Sorry :(

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2009
an oddity

when i was editing tiles for my hack (i was adding route 11 in my emerald hack)
i saved a new tile, and it added the slateport city tileset to the littlerott one!

it was benificial to me, but weird.
anyone have a simmilar happening with this?

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2012
Okay, I've found something, and I want to know if it works...

In UNZL.gba, you can insert your own graphics... Also, you can choose your own offset...

So if I would choose an empty offset (that I found with an Hex Editor), and put my custom own made tileset there, it's in the game right?

Now in Advance Map, when Professional Header View is activated, you can enter your own offset for the tileset right?

So, could it be possible to choose the custom tileset, and use it in your game?

Harper

Crazy guy with red hair...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 14, 2009
ROM cartridges??

Hey im just wondering if a hack put on a rom cartrige could trade with other legit pkmn games? cos it'd be a neat way to get out of all those damned events...

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
i need pikchu to follow ash thoughout the game with a script..is that possible?

if so how, the only way of getting him to follow is to add the OW to the heroes OW

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Yes It is dead hard mate,
Or you could add a follow me script in every single map!
And thats hard,
or you could add the OW of pikachu with the hero's OW

Years
i need pikchu to follow ash thoughout the game with a script..is that possible?

if so how, the only way of getting him to follow is to add the OW to the heroes OW

Yes It is dead hard mate,
Or you could add a follow me script in every single map!
And thats hard,
or you could add the OW of pikachu with the hero's OW

I'm getting tired of people asking this. All I can say is; If people knew how to do it with a script, lots of hacks would have it.
And a follow me script is different, a follow me script is controlled by the scripter. A Pikachu following you in free movement is not a follow me script

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
I don't know if this is a simple question or not, but I do know it hasn't been answered anywhere else:

How can I compile my script file(s) with Linux? I can't just right-click and click Compile like the Pokescript Tutorial says I can. I can, however, get PokeScript working and I have AdvanceMap working as well.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 5, 2023
I don't know if this is a simple question or not, but I do know it hasn't been answered anywhere else:

How can I compile my script file(s) with Linux? I can't just right-click and click Compile like the Pokescript Tutorial says I can. I can, however, get PokeScript working and I have AdvanceMap working as well.

See my post in the Pokescript topic here.

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2008
Is there any hacked fire red or leaf green version with nothing change but the pokemon, so you can catch all 1.-3. generation pokemon? I would do it, but to be honest, right now I'm to lazy to change all the wild pokemon. I never played fire red (or leaf green) but I don't want to miss all thenew pokemon.

Does anyone know about such a hack?

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2020
Yes, but linking to it would be against the rules, since it is a full rom.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
does anybody know what the trees thing on AM is. Where you select the wild pokemon theres an option for trees. just wondering what that is

thanks in advance
link

Dr.Garchomp

Mr.Gaburiasu
Years
Um, this gonna sound really dumb considering I've spent a month trying to make a hack but anyway............I was wondering how the whole adjustment thing under the connection manager in advance map works. I've got all of my first maps done, but this one little problem is holding me back. Thanks if you can tell me!

EDIT:Whoops! Problem solved!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2010
Does anyone know the offset of the animation for the double sliding doors on Pokemon FireRed?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back