• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First rule of Fight Club: Don't talk about Fight Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Wait youth minimum wage what?

90 days is obvious though - they want to hire kids for summer jobs and pay them peanuts because they don't have to pay bills or anything and they'll be gone within 3 months.

droomph

weeb
Years
Ahhh that makes sense.

Boom

So enough about jobs before Razor gets all "weathery" about it.

Bacon Um so what are your plans for this summer? I plan on staying on my computer and doing PC. What about you?

Years
Plans for the summer are to carry on working. We are rebuilding computers and testing hardware. Also setting up a new server room, which will be fun... -___-

However, I should be seeing friends every so often.​

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
The only thing people get 'weathery' about is weather, lol.

At least you're making money Fabio! That's what's important :3

Edit: oh wow that sounds greedy

Years
Ranging from licenses servers, to student and staff web spaces, to back ups and so on. We have a lot of server blades, but it is for a lot of people so... XD

It is true though, saving money for a rainy day! :D​

Dr.Kotov

& the symptoms.
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2012
Speaking of connections at the high-school/college level; one of the most inequitable cases I've observed is gaining admittance into the top ranked universities of the world on the basis of relations. Blatant slap across the face and efforts of all those who work hard and sweat for the spots.

This summer and towards the end of it: prepare for/commence university, and move to another country. Major changes are due. Maybe.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
My plans would have to be to finish moving to my new place and getting a GBA SP along with Metroid Zero Mission and Kingdom Hearts Chain Of Memories right now as far as summer's concerned. That and escape the depths of Purgatory but one fire at a time now.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Speaking of connections at the high-school/college level; one of the most inequitable cases I've observed is gaining admittance into the top ranked universities of the world on the basis of relations. Blatant slap across the face and efforts of all those who work hard and sweat for the spots.

This summer and towards the end of it: prepare for/commence university, and move to another country. Major changes are due. Maybe.

My school is notorious for legacies (kids whose parents/grandparents/whatever also went here), and it's so obnoxious. It's turned into an insult here pretty much; if you don't seem smart enough to have gotten in on your own merit, then everyone asks you which of your parents graduated from here.

@Xulek: I loved Chain of Memories! Have you played it before or will this be your first time?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Probation period? Some places are different, but 3 months is normall the probation period to see if they actually like you.​

Yeah, even I had a 3 month probation AND a 6 month probation :3 Passed both so.. YAY <3 Permanent employee~

And yeah.. same plans with me. Carry on working, living, spending money, saving money, living life :3~

droomph

weeb
Years
You all have such great lives.

As a 15 year old there's not much you can go do. Soooo hi PC

Well, I'll be at a summer camp in about a month, because my parents reaaaaaally love me. Sigh

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years

20120623-gq7xj8ypt14ay9ic7fgher2ad1.png

wait what. Why is your location "London"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London,_Arkansas

Although, I could have put Augsburg instead. Actually, I sometimes do. (I switch between the two occasionally)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augsburg,_Arkansas

I just thought of this, but for the past few DCC's I always have had make some mention about how I don't live in the UK or Germany.

Last edited:

Dr.Kotov

& the symptoms.
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2012

My school is notorious for legacies (kids whose parents/grandparents/whatever also went here), and it's so obnoxious. It's turned into an insult here pretty much; if you don't seem smart enough to have gotten in on your own merit, then everyone asks you which of your parents graduated from here.

All too familiar with the type, in fact, our school has an ancient rivalry with the class you mentioned, and it's almost an established fact, that you require influential relatives to grant you a spot. You could say our school is its antithesis.

I find it quite depressing to observe that not all the classmates I've spent years with have the necessary capital needed to attain the class of education their intellect deserves. When undeserving imbeciles make it through with connections and their parents' bank accounts, it seriously bothers me.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
You all have such great lives.

As a 15 year old there's not much you can go do. Soooo hi PC

Well, I'll be at a summer camp in about a month, because my parents reaaaaaally love me. Sigh

Just wait a few years. I didn't have a great life at 15 either :P

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
4.25 an hour my god, thats really low I wouldnt even bother going outside for that! /australian wages ftw.

Admitting people into college based on who they know not their skills is a very silly thing to do for the student and the school I believe. What if the student is as dumb as two planks of wood and fails every class they in and ruin the colleges rep and make it a school of "You got money? You're in?" rather than "Oh you're really intelligent and have a good work ethic, you're in!" I know which one of the two I'd prefer to go too..

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Australian wages are RIDICULOUS. >:/

I think it's all about what's more important to the school, school spirit or academic integrity. Often people can get away with sacrificing a little academic integrity to build school loyalty. People that go to my school are scary loyal and having an entire family of people that went there really adds to your loyalty. My boyfriend has pictures of him at 1-2 years old wearing a "Future Notre Dame Student" shirt, and no one else in his family even goes here XD;

droomph

weeb
Years
Ohoho I remember. My history teacher from 7th grade was a huuuuuuge Cal State guy. He would cheer for the Cubs every time they were gonna play a game.

Oh and...if they have people graduating (without the curve), I'll say it's a good college. But that's just because I'm 15 and I don't know squat about colleges other than "Imma be a game guy someday!!!!! loolz also Game Designing is a tough job"

Years
In my previous jobs, my lowest wage was like, £7.20, which is really, blooming good for retail. Haha.

However, I am on a salary now so, I can't be bothered working out how much I am on hourly.​

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I get 8 bucks an hour. 7.25 is minimum wage though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back