• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Mint Fantasy [Demo Released!]

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Hey, it's good to see you're still working on this Pia!
I'm looking forward to the release. :)

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Thanks for the comments guys. I've been working hard on the eventing, nearly finished with the 3rd town, which also holds the second gym. I've also been adding all of the Gen 6 Pokemon, which players probably will not see until they complete Trujon. I've added some more screenshots to the first post.

I'm trying to keep some of the things in the game a surprise, so I apologize if the storyline doesn't explain much. I'm still trying to decide on a good climax, but expect Giovanni and Team Rocket to play a huge role.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years

Everyone Likes Betas

Beta 1 June 30th, 2015

Some things to note:
  • Some animations play incorrectly or are placed incorrectly.
  • Encounters are not final.
  • Not all sprites are final. The second gym leader uses Bugsy's sprite for now.
  • Diagonal can bug some stuff up, only minor issues thus far, some events can be "skipped" although doing so is pointless.
  • Pia Carrot's OW sprite is lower than it should be.
  • Some Pokemon have incorrect sprite positioning
  • Headbutt is not currently available, and TMs are definitely not final.
  • Nuzlocke is currently disabled.
  • Bike sprites are using Kris from GSC, will be fixed in actual release
  • Some music is missing, especially for trainers when they see you.
  • Wiping out before using a Pokemon Center = Crash

I am releasing this as more of a playtest to gauge whether or not you guys like the way this is going. I can't really consider this a true release, but nethertheless I hope you all enjoy it. Please give me some feedback, especially on balancing and fixing the level curve. Hard to tell on my own.

Please report:
-Grammatical Issues
-Game-breaking Bugs
-Blatant tile errors
-Balancing Issues
-Variety of Wild Pokemon, give some ideas
-What you'd like to see

Some tips as you play:
-Heal your Pokemon at the center before leaving Patsu Village so you have a home point if you wipe out.
-Buy a Pickaxe
-Catch some Pokemon, Murkrows appear at night and have a lowered catch rate.
-New Ruell has no center currently, but there is a dude named Toby on the street who sells super potions and revives, so stock up!

Download:
https://www.mediafire.com/?ud53wqqi7cm2jzm
EDIT: Fixed the rival battle, no longer crashes game

Last edited:

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
that was quick guess you find it easier to use the new gs kit.

It was at that point where I had developed my own kit enough to start the story and environments, but I required a battle system as well. I'm pretty good at eventing so the development went by very quickly.

I've also added a cutscene for right after the first gym leader, you all will see it in the next release.

I do need some feedback on wild pokemon though guys, I just kind of stuffed a few random ones in there for the day and morning. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
iAvgQEp.png

Carrot Café in Honey Town. Mina's older sister, Runa, runs it. She's also the gym leader of Honey Town.

Every night of the week someone new comes to perform. Some battle, some sing, others just give you items for listening to them talk.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 23, 2015
Any plans to include romance/marriage/family options in this game? I know it sounds odd, but it's something I've always thought would be really cool in a Pokemon fan game. When you said you drew inspiration from Fable, my heart skipped a beat with hope! Please continue work on this awesome game. It really is incredible no matter what. Thank you!

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Any plans to include romance/marriage/family options in this game? I know it sounds odd, but it's something I've always thought would be really cool in a Pokemon fan game. When you said you drew inspiration from Fable, my heart skipped a beat with hope! Please continue work on this awesome game. It really is incredible no matter what. Thank you!

Hmm, I never considered that. In the original renditions of Mint, Mina did have a love parameter that would get different responses out of NPCs based on how high it was. While this sounds like it would not fit in Mint, I could definitely consider this for a future project.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 23, 2015
Hmm, I never considered that. In the original renditions of Mint, Mina did have a love parameter that would get different responses out of NPCs based on how high it was. While this sounds like it would not fit in Mint, I could definitely consider this for a future project.

Personally, I'm just thrilled work on this project is continuing. Several of my friends and three of my cousins and I are eagerly anticipating the release:) I saw a Pokemon fan game a while back where the author was incorporating a marriage and child aspect - it was nothing big, but I found it super charming that after a long day of adventuring and training you could come back home and there was a little sprite of your spouse and one of a child running around the house with cheery messages. It definitely might not fit in with Mint, but I have a tendency to ask the developers on any fan games I come across where I see different inspirations coming across just for the heck of it. But yeah keep up the amazing work Carrot!

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
A small update for you all, no screenshots though for today.

I am currently adding in all of the Gen VI Pokémon and looking for ways to include some of them into Trujon, though some may not be available until Postgame. I am also still looking for some feedback on the beta I've released on Balancing and Wild Encounters.

As of right now I am working on Routes 6 and 7 as well as Ral Village, where the third gym is. For the next dungeon, the Ral Desert, I'm going to have to make some custom tiles so it may take some time.

Speaking of the Ral Desert, expect some good fun with a Team Rocket event, and your second rival battle. Deza has buffed up his Slowpoke and caught a few friends along the way. Later on in the game you'll be able to access the Ral Desert zone called the Ral Temple, which is a progressive dungeon.

You'll learn more about zones later, but they were an idea I came up with a while ago about progressive zones optional to partake in, where you'll need to come back with skills and items in order to access further areas. In these dungeons are rare Pokémon and items that you can't find anywhere else in the game, so they will be worth checking out. The current planned zones are the following:

-Ral Temple (In the Ral Desert)
-Zabu Jungle(On Pinnacle Island)
-Frozen Wastes (On Geltia, near Ice Plateau and Riota Village)
-Sea Spirit's Den (Kalos, Azure Bay)
-Unknown Dungeon (Kalos, Pokémon Village)

I won't spoil what is in these zones, but in some of the end game floors you can expect level 100 wild Pokémon, as well as a final boss in each zone.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Some new screenshots, new beauty sprite, as well as some shots of Ral Village and the Ral Desert.

Xx8iQ8t.png

And a big teaser for you guys, some unfinished maps of Kalos, all of these are towns and cities (see if you can guess them):

IOdX2v3.png

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
f1Mvlsu.png

Another set of screenshots, yay :D
I've also got a side quest planned involving the three Djinns and Hoopa, check out these sprites I've made:
hoopa_gsc_style_by_piacarrot-d90s36l.png
hoopa__unbound_form__gsc_style_by_piacarrot-d90rtiu.png

The next beta will go up to the 6th Gym, stopping at Honey Town Port, so look forward to it!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 23, 2015
f1Mvlsu.png

Another set of screenshots, yay :D
I've also got a side quest planned involving the three Djinns and Hoopa, check out these sprites I've made:
hoopa_gsc_style_by_piacarrot-d90s36l.png
hoopa__unbound_form__gsc_style_by_piacarrot-d90rtiu.png

The next beta will go up to the 6th Gym, stopping at Honey Town Port, so look forward to it!

Your spriting is on a whole nother level :O amazing :O

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Finished the first Beta, and I got to say the spritework for the Pokemon is very nice, especially when you're trying to recapture that good ol' GS era vibe. One quick note; the city where the 2nd Gym Leader resides: apart from the Catacombs, museum and Gym there's no warp to go inside any other building.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
I appreciate the feedback, the demo was really just a way for me to share the progress of the game so far, the current development version goes up to the sixth gym, and once things are polished up the real beta will be released. Just going to say save files are not going to be compatible this next release due to story reasons, I've added and removed some things, for example the method to getting the Gameboy in your room.

Also, the Elite Four is complete, I went ahead and finished it off, the levels will need to be adjusted but I will get to that when the time comes.

In this next release you can expect 3 more towns, 3 dungeons and the Mega Evolution method.

I'm still looking for some feedback on the balance, if some trainers are too difficult (or even wild pokemon) let me know.

Back