• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Mega-Genie

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years

Team Mega-Genie

I just slapped together this team about 2 hour's ago, it's done quite well on Smogon and I've beaten some random kids on the PC server with it. [Only 1 Genie is used. :P]

Team Building

Spoiler:

620.gif
@ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 172 Atk / 84 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Hi Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- U-turn

Mixed Mienshao actually works quite well, instead of relying on the horribad Stone Edge accuracy, I decided to slot Hidden Power Ice in. :D It's worked quite well so far, it just say's Hi to the Genie trio and shut's them down. <: It can take a hit's, depending on what they are. It's survived a TechLoom's Mach Punch and bounced right back with Hp Ice. <3

212.gif
@ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 Hp / 66 Atk / 196 SpD
Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Replaced Magnezone with this Special Defensive Scizor. <: Adding to my lovely physical sweepers, Chansey covers the fire attacks launched at him. C:

380.gif
@ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Hp / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Replaced Gengar with this Latias is my only option for a speedy Dragon now that Latios has returned to be great beyond. v_v garchomp only has 101 I may switch up HP Fire for Psyshock if I get troll'd by Blissey/Chansey.

242.gif
@ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect
- Flamethrower

Chansey has been replaced by this I've never liked Blissey. >: But when the Eviolite was introduced I was like OMGFD SPAM CHANSEY. But I grew to like Blissey cause I found out that she wasn't as annoying as her pre-evolution. She's been doing quite well actually. :o

642.gif
@ Life Orb
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Nasty Plot
- Taunt

My sexy special sweeper, <3 This thing really just speaks for it's self. Cover's Magnezone & Nidoking's ground weakness. Destroy's anything not named Chansey/Blissey. <3

445.gif
@ Yache Berry
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly (+Spd, -SpA)
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

Replaced Magnezone with this Can destroy a crap load with +2, May switch Aqua Tail for Fire Fang/Blast, Ferrothorn's are annoying me. \:

Flaws!

I severely lack a Physical Pokemon, Mienshao is usually dead by the time the big guns are unleashed.

Rely's to much on Thundurus. \: Magnezone isn't used much! >O

Thanks for reading RMT PL0X NOW

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
You could always change Magnezone with Bulky SD Scizor if you want a physical attacker that can take hits.
Smogon said:
name: Bulky Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Bullet Punch
move 3: Bug Bite / Superpower
move 4: Roost
item: Leftovers / Life Orb
nature: Adamant
ability: Technician
evs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SpD

Resists Psychic types just like you wanted and is bulky enough to take hits from flying types. I'm pretty sure it'll be able to deal with Ground types as well and deals with Latias without a problem too provided she doesn't carry HP Fire.

Hope this helps. Team seems great despite the lack of physical attackers but I'm pretty sure Scizor will do. :)

Perriechu

Years
I've added Scizor in. :] Idk why I never chose that before. <_<

Years
I don't like Flash Cannon on Magnezone. The Magnezone I used to run had an Airballoon and had Magnet Rise over Flash Cannon. This allowed my Magnezone to eliminate opposing Excadrill.

I also used a slightly different spread for my Magnezone and gave him Modest nature.

Magenato (Magnezone) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 56 HP / 255 SAtk / 196 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Magnet Rise
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute

You could definitely do with another Physical Sweeper on the team. Dunno what though.

Conjurer

The Verdant
Years
I don't like Flash Cannon on Magnezone. The Magnezone I used to run had an Airballoon and had Magnet Rise over Flash Cannon. This allowed my Magnezone to eliminate opposing Excadrill.

I also used a slightly different spread for my Magnezone and gave him Modest nature.

Magenato (Magnezone) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 56 HP / 255 SAtk / 196 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Magnet Rise
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute

You could definitely do with another Physical Sweeper on the team. Dunno what though.

lollololz.png

I saw a similar set on Smogon and this pic came with the set. XD

On-topic, I would definitely recommend putting in hazards into this team, because things like Nidoking and Thundy are gonna be counting on them to hit some important KOs. There's a lot to choose from, but I would recommend standard Spikes (or SR) Skarm due to its synergy with Chansey. Well, good luck with this!

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
CM Reuniclus looks like it might give you some trouble, especially if it just comes in on Chansey and spams Psychic to take out Gengar and Mienshao which are probably your two best responses to it right now. I'd like to second that Scizor > Zone, though a CB set might benefit you even better, allowing you to spam U-turn and gain further momentum with your offensively-based team. Hazards would be a cool thing as well, especially with two U-turners (considering you take out Zone) and SubDisable Gengar forcing switches. I'd probably put your spiker (whichever you choose) over Nidoking as it seems to have the least synergistic role right now.

Good luck with your team!

Perriechu

Years
Updated my main post. :P

Scizor pretty much nails Reuniclus with +2 Bug Bite, if I find that this set isn't doing good, I'll try the CB set.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Updated my main post. :P

Scizor pretty much nails Reuniclus with +2 Bug Bite, if I find that this set isn't doing good, I'll try the CB set.

Well, Reuniclus is never gonna come in on Scizor. :P I meant, say Reuniclus comes in on idk Chansey. You switch Chansey out to Scizor to take the Psychic, and then next turn they switch in Skarmory while you SD up. You're forced to switch out regardless at that point, meaning you gained very little momentum unless you were gonna be ballsy and double switch out of Scizor into Thundurus. My point was that Scizor has some hard checks in stuff like Jellicent and Skarmory, and you can take advantage of those with CB and U-turn. You're definitely open to using SD, though; I just figured with your team build CB might be a better option, letting you shift around and force your opponent into a misprediction.

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
I've used Specially Defensive Scizor on almost all of my teams and I find the most effective EV spread is 248 HP/96 Atk/196 spD with an adamant nature.

I'd replace Nidoking with Garchomp (preferably the Swords Dance set) with a moveset of SD/Earthquake/Dual Chop or Outrage/Fire Fang, Aqua Tail or Substitute

This lets you beat special walls easier. Garchomp also absorbs fire attacks nicely, that are aimed at scizor.

Perriechu

Years
I've used Specially Defensive Scizor on almost all of my teams and I find the most effective EV spread is 248 HP/96 Atk/196 spD with an adamant nature.

I'd replace Nidoking with Garchomp (preferably the Swords Dance set) with a moveset of SD/Earthquake/Dual Chop or Outrage/Fire Fang, Aqua Tail or Substitute

This lets you beat special walls easier. Garchomp also absorbs fire attacks nicely, that are aimed at scizor.

This Scizor set is working quite well, I'll stick with this one.

I want to scream no at this because Godking is just amazing. But I'll do it.

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
At least use 248 HP EVs, which lets you switch into SR 9 times.

Years
Darmanitan is a pretty big threat to this team, especially the scarfed variants. If Garchomp is gone, than it can mean hell for you. You may want to go Latias over Gengar, since Latias can provide Wish Support, which allows Chansey to swap wish for aromatherapy (which your team would love to have) not to mention it can survive Nuclear Flare Blitzes and kills washing Machines.

Garchomp also wants a Yache Berry, I've used SD Chomp in the past, and things have managed to pull HP Ice out of their ass and end my sweep.

I'm not sure exactly what the use for disable is, Gengar seems better off with Taunt.

I really think you ought to go Scarfchomp, though. You already have Gengar and Mienshao for Natt and Outrage murders any non scarf +0 Dragon, it even kills +1 Salamence.

Chansey is a better wall than Blissey, but access to moves like Flamethrower and the ability to not be completely walled by SubGhosts makes Blissey a better choice in OU, imo.

Perriechu

Years
Ok, as you can all see, I've updated the main post with all my new toy's. 8D Although I'm having trouble with status effects, any thoughts?

Btw, Blissey is so amazing. <3

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
If you're having issues with status, you could try Aromatherapy Blissey/Chansey, perhaps? Especially if you follow Karp's suggestion of giving Latias Wish, you'll open up a moveslot (Wish/Protect >> Softboiled/Aromatherapy).

I'm not sure exactly what the use for disable is, Gengar seems better off with Taunt.

Not that it matters since Gengar was replaced, but Gengar runs Disable so it can get free subs on Pokemon like Conkeldurr who rely on Normal/Fighting/Ground attacks + 1 other move for coverage. It gets in on one of its immunities & subs up while they break the sub with their coverage move, then Disables it so Gengar essentially gets a free Sub and can smack something hard with its Ghost/Fighting coverage. Basically, it grants Gengar tons of opportunities to get up Subs which it loves.

Back