• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Storing your cards?

TrainerTori

Growlithe Fan
Years
I'm just curious how others store their cards?

I'm a bit OCD about making sure my cards stay in good condition, so even my basic energies are in sleeves.

I bought just a cheap 1000 card deck box from walmart but the cards in the sleeves don't fit :( (well, they do, but they're horridly tight in there and I'm worried about them bending)

I thought about customizing a photo box and trying to use that.

Or a binder with pages - but building a deck would be tedious that way, I feel.

What works for you?

Years
I put my shiny cards in binders and my deck in sleeves , other common cards are stuffed in tins .

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
Hey trainertori ! This is the first time I've seen you in this section =) !

First of all, all the cards that I feel I will be using which are tournament legal are in Monster Binder Albums as they are the best for your cards to never fall out. Ultra Pro now do similar albums which cards slot in at the side of the pockets so the cards won't fall out if you put the album upside down by mistake.

I use tins for various commons and uncommon such as basic energies, most of my basic Pokemon and cards which I feel are not tournament worthy.

Basic energies are very cheap to find and get hold of, but special energy cards such as Double Colorless, Prisim, Blend energy you should keep in an album.

I would recommend having an album to put all the cards which you feel are valuable to you.
As long as you don't tightly pack tins and keep them in a cool area, they will not get damaged or get very slight damage (mint to near mint condition)
Deck boxes can be used to store half of decks or random cards which you may need to use but don't have time or space to put them in a tin or an album.

I would not sleeve every single card as it will cost you more for the sleeves than what the cards are worth.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Since this is in the Pokemon TCG, I'll stick to my Pokemon cards.

I actually put all my cards in a box stacked on top of each other like a normal deck. As for my holo cards, I put them in sleeves and I use them as tokens for other tabletop cards since I don't really play the Pokemon TCG :P

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
Since this is in the Pokemon TCG, I'll stick to my Pokemon cards.

I actually put all my cards in a box stacked on top of each other like a normal deck. As for my holo cards, I put them in sleeves and I use them as tokens for other tabletop cards since I don't really play the Pokemon TCG :P

We don't mind if TCGs share the same binders...I once had a Pokemon binder with Yui-Gi-Oh cards in it XD

TrainerTori

Growlithe Fan
Years
Hey trainertori ! This is the first time I've seen you in this section =) !

First of all, all the cards that I feel I will be using which are tournament legal are in Monster Binder Albums as they are the best for your cards to never fall out. Ultra Pro now do similar albums which cards slot in at the side of the pockets so the cards won't fall out if you put the album upside down by mistake.

I use tins for various commons and uncommon such as basic energies, most of my basic Pokemon and cards which I feel are not tournament worthy.

Basic energies are very cheap to find and get hold of, but special energy cards such as Double Colorless, Prisim, Blend energy you should keep in an album.

I would recommend having an album to put all the cards which you feel are valuable to you.
As long as you don't tightly pack tins and keep them in a cool area, they will not get damaged or get very slight damage (mint to near mint condition)
Deck boxes can be used to store half of decks or random cards which you may need to use but don't have time or space to put them in a tin or an album.

I would not sleeve every single card as it will cost you more for the sleeves than what the cards are worth.

:D I AM new to this section! I just bought my first deck (well, in about a decade!) on Sunday of this week, and myself and a good friend of mine have gotten obscenely addicted.
We've been playing every night via skype!

I decided to stick all my cards in sleeves when I started to see the edges getting dinged up and turning white from shuffling. that really bothered me ^^; and I just remember my cards as a kid that ended up with black flecks all over them from dirt and grime.

I buy just the cheapo plastic sleeves that are 1$ for 100
I have just under 200 cards right now (2 theme decks, and about 6 or so boosters)

If my collection really starts to get massive, I may just start putting cards in sleeves when I put them in a deck.

I probably won't be playing in a tournament at all - I've not been able to find one here.
And what /is/ the demographic for that?
I don't want to be the creepy 24 year old female competing against 10 and 12 year old boys.
I've seen photos of competitions and most of what I've seen have been that age group, but that could just be what their marketing team is trying to push?
(I'd also probably get my butt kicked!)

I may have to invest in a binder :)
Right now I have about 12 rares that I've set aside in sleeves that I'm not even playing with.
If that starts to grow to more than just a page and a half of cards, I may have ot think about a binder!
Thanks for the tip about the "card holding" sleeves. I've been having issues with that and my card protectors! :( I shuffle my deck and next thing you know, half my cards are starting to slip out of their sleeves! eep!

7a5d41fe5ec311e297bf22000a1f9263_7.jpg

My cards all safe in their plastic sleeves :P

Last edited:

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
Masters Division is 15-16+
Senior is 11-15
Junior is for the children

I've played against mothers in tournaments, so it is not uncommon for females of ANY age to play this game. It's a lot of fun and nobody cares how young or old you are or gender. Families can come and play at times as well !

Here is a post I did on recommended sleeves since you seem to be having trouble with them:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7483088&postcount=3

Years
Those clear plastic sleeves aren't really meant to be used for playing the game with. They're mostly just meant to protect the card within binder pages or within display cases or within card boxes.

Definitely look into getting some proper deck sleeves.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
I put them in the binder sleeves and put those inside of the zip up binder i have. Half of them at least. The second half i had to take out because of space issues, so i put those in a second, non zip up, binder i have.

TrainerTori

Growlithe Fan
Years
Those clear plastic sleeves aren't really meant to be used for playing the game with. They're mostly just meant to protect the card within binder pages or within display cases or within card boxes.

Definitely look into getting some proper deck sleeves.

I just got them because they were cheap :P
It's mostly to keep dirty fingers off them ^^; *tends to play and snack* >_>

I actually picked up some ulta pro sleeves and a deck box today ^__^
T_T I wanted hot pink, but they only had one pack of those, so I settled for purple

Back