• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nostalgia

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
All this talk of Space Jam and the song below getting stuck in my head (don't ask why) got me into a nostalgic mood.

Spoiler:

If I wasn't a kid when this song was playing on the radio every ten minutes I wouldn't be getting goosebumps and sighing in comfort like I am right now.

Everyone has a small part of themselves that clings to their childhood. I'm creating this thread with blind faith that no one else has done this topic already. If they haven't, everyone is welcome to use this thread as a nostalgia dump; so when you or a pal is feelin blue, [hopefully] there will be a large accumulation of souvenirs from better times for you to indulge in :)

warning: strong lingo etc
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Listen to your Heart<3

As a 90s kid, all this music is sweet, sweet, nostalgic gold. My ultimate source of nostalgia is Two Princes by the Spin Doctors.

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I always heard this song when I was getting ready for school in primary. I'm now a graduate from high school, and this song makes me relive those memory when I was a kid :)

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Spoiler:

Truly...so much nostalgia...

S Club 7 - Who doesn't have childhood memories of this song??? Someone who wasn't a child, that's who. This song...groundbreaking...memory making....glorious....many emotions...
Nelly & Kelly - Kelly Rowland at her best!!! Back when her name wasn't a joke!!! Truly the best song of 2002!!! Again, many memories...Nelly & Nelly...oh......oh.....
Mya - Whatever happened to Mya? God knows. But regardless, a truly beautiful and inspirational song. Her ass was really like wo.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
Mya, Brandy, Aaliyah, Christina Millian...sadly all strangers to the newest generation. ;( Ashanti, too. She had a short run, though. I loved Nelly, then I stopped.

Kelly Clarkson!!! My friends and I were singing her hits yesterday. Didn't she duet with Reba for another version of Breakaway :o *researches* Oh, Because of You. Same difference.

who remembers Ja Rule? Face like a rat, voice like a flushing toilet

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
who remembers Ja Rule? Face like a rat, voice like a flushing toilet

thought you might enjoy this

Ashanti!!!!! Memories!!!! Though if we really want to go into the topic of Girls Who Were Big For Only A Short Time:

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
I did enjoy that. Not enough to change my forum style so I could like your post, though. >:)

Oh Aaliyah. She was just too good for this world ;( Now I swear she had a song in which the Sesame Street theme was sampled but for the life of me I can't remember how it went and google isn't helping. I swear it happened though! someone help

e: I just have to include the return of Mase. I hope you all remember this moment with me. I cried when this video popped up on the tube in two-thousand-and-whatever. I'm getting chills just seeing the video before pressing play.

then he disappeared again, heh

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Listen to your Heart<3

As a 90s kid, all this music is sweet, sweet, nostalgic gold. My ultimate source of nostalgia is Two Princes by the Spin Doctors.

Oh god so much nostalgia here, this was my childhood <333

Other than the one quoted above, I honestly can't think of many songs which inspire nostalgia for me. I've always listened to music pretty much constantly throughout my childhood and teenage years so there's always been countless songs going on in my life at one time making it pretty difficult for one to stand out above the others as a song representing that era. I guess if I had to choose one though, it'd be She Bangs The Drums by The Stone Roses. This song was playing somewhat constantly throughout my childhood whilst on holiday and always reminds me of playing on beaches with my dad and staying in rubbishy caravans for weeks on end. Ahh, fun times, I'm even having a little bit of nostalgia just looking up the song haha.

Back