• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I couldn't live without my precious adblock <3

Years
Assuming that the majority of us on here use internet browsers that support plugins and an add-ons, what are some of your favourite browser plugins? Are there any plugins you couldn't live without? What sort of plugins are they? For example are they like adblock or reddit enhancement suite where they enhance your general browsing experience or are they like the Speed Dial plugin that help you customise your browser to your own preferences?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
ClickToFlash. It's a plugin which automatically blocks flash content on pages until you click the blocked content, prompting it to load, which is awesome for getting rid of annoying Flash adverts or pages bloated with Flash content which hog CPU and eat battery life. It also automatically tries to use HTML5 players over Flash ones, for example on YouTube, which is a nice little feature!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
That title was calling me, jsyk xD

Well, duh! I can't live without AdBlock xD. I haven't seen an ad in YEARS! It has truly changed the way I browse the internet, because before I just couldn't stand all dem ads bothering me and stuff. :(

Another plugin I like is the Chrome2Phone plugin/extension. You go on a website, right-click on a link and highlight "Send Link to Phone" and in seconds the same site I was intending on going on the computer can be accessible on my phone. I thank my best friend for showing me this plugin. :D

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
StumbleUpon.

Oh, StumbleUpon. I'd endure all of the world's ads for you. <3

Years
I don't really use plug-ins on my Chrome, but I don't know how I lived without Adblock before (on one or two websites it won't always work, but I'd rather have that than ads being everywhere). I also have a plug-in from my anti-virus program, which will quickly scan each page (about .2 seconds) before it loads to make sure the content is safe.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I use ad block plus with Google chrome and it makes the Internet soooooo much better. Having stupid FREE IPHONE!!!!!! ads gone away from my sight is really useful.

Years
To be honest, my life has changed ever since the day I put AdBlock Plus on all my browsers. xD Every time I use the internet at school or occasionally on my parents' computer, it feels odd for me to be browsing with ads and it seems a bit slower as well.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
CookieMonster for purging suspicious cookies, FoxyProxy for having an Indian or Nigerian IP (when I want to), NetVideo Hunter for ripping YouTube videos, Photobucket plugin (makes life easier), and of course Ad-Block Plus.

I've never really needed anything else.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
IE would be a bit of a weird experience without Speckie. o.O And even that's going to be obsoleted as soon as IE10 comes out, so I guess I don't have many extensions to worry about.

Years
This thread is actually great, I'm getting inspiration for new add-ons to use, haha.

I only really use AdBlock (and I've only started using it recently, since I'd never thought about it at all). It's fantastic and I couldn't get by without it. YouTube's adverts were just getting ridiculous, and the add-on even blocks those, so I'm delighted with it :D

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I use AdBlock and LastPass religiously... I don't think I could live without either of them. They are just awesomely amazing. <3

Also some other awesome ones: Lazarus: Form Recovery (I never lose posts, ever), RightToClick (allows right click even when JavaScript disallows it)... and so many others in the background.

Zet

Years
I use AdBlock Plus, APNG(so I can see animated png files in chrome), image properties context menu(to see the properties of an image), image search options(for when google search isn't enough) and Surf by Image(made by Google, so you can right click on an image and select search Google with this image). As for password management, I use KeePass since it saves the passwords to my computer(or an external device if you choose to save them there), so I won't have to worry about online services like LastPass being hacked and hackers getting all my logins.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I'm on my mac now... I'm pretty sure I have more plugins than these on my desktop but I'm too lazy to set that up. :/ Maybe I'll reply another time with those:

• Ad Block Plus
    I use this all the time but in the last few days it's broken for me so I'm seeing ads where I never used to. And I think I'm gonna leave it broken. I've been having sort of an internal dilemma over it for the last year. Remember that a lot of online content is free and the only way it can be provided free-of-charge is through ad revenue. Especially things like Youtube--I can't imagine regular content like that is easy to make... if I can't watch a 10 second commercial before a half-hour LP, I don't feel like I have the right to watch it at all. :c Most sites I visit on a regular basis have some sort of donate-to-get-rid-of-ads feature and I'll usually take part in that. I'd prefer to do that than block ads. All I'll probably use this for in the future is to block specific images--like sometimes people have really creepy signatures so I'll block that URL from appearing on my page. :D Or if a background image is absolutely horrid with the foreground, I'll block the image.
  • Always Ask
    For some reason, despite using it for 8 months now, I quite often his cmd+Q instead of cmd+W when closing tabs. Firefox would always close completely no matter how many tabs I had open and that was so, SO frustrating. This was the only fix that worked and it just prompts me whether I really want to fully quit Firefox every time I try.
  • Greasemonkey
    I only have one userscript installed and it's specific to my university's CS testing grounds. But I generally like the idea of userscripts anyway.
  • Lazarus: Form Recovery
    Since the mac is horrible for any kind of text editing and I do a hell of a lot of typing online, I had to get something like this. On many other forums, cmd+left will act as a back button and I used to lose posts ALL THE TIME. I blame this entirely on my mac because it doesn't have a dedicated home button so this is the only method I have of selecting text to the beginning of the line. <_< This pretty much saves me lots of pain and heartbreak. Not bad for when a page times out, either.
  • Reddit Enhancement Suite
    Makes Reddit so much better to browse. Not much else to say here, haha.
  • Tab Mix Plus
    I honestly cannot live without being able to change the style of tabs that haven't been opened yet, have been updated since I last checked, etc. It's the main reason I can't switch to Chrome--I haven't found an equivalent extension.

Years
Adblock, Ultimate Statusbar, and Invisible hand are all the plugins I use on Safari. For Firefox I usually have Adblock, Noscript, Flashblock, and Cookiemonster.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I absolutely love Adblock+, it's made browsing the internet so much nicer. Plus no annoying YouTube adverts anymore! Other than that I don't really use any apps, I've never really though to look for some haha. I might try out some of the ones people have listed though!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Right now I use AdBlock, as well as one called FlashBlock that blocks Flash-based movies. Which is helpful since my internet has a usage cap and I don't need random Flash movies on websites usurping my bandwidth.

Other than that I keep my Chrome running rather lean.

Back