• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Amethyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lmayonaise

constant pain in the ..
Years
Ha ha. I'm dying because I'm laughing SO hard /:-(

Honestly, some people just have no respect.

I bet I'm twice as good at hacking than you, even considering
I have no idea how half of my hacking tools work. OMG, I made
a joke.

I do have respect, just not to little cry babies.

You probably are, then again I don't make my way out on hacking a Pokémon game that doesn't set itself with too much pride and originality. My friend, I'm just not sad enough to spend all my leisure time on developing Pokémon games! Shocker!

Hey, that other pawn started it :-( I'm always getting blamed!

I'm no pawn! I'm a friggin BISHOP! BOOYA I MOVE TO SQUARE C3! CHECK..AND MATE IT SEEMS!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Stop it, Nelson. If you want to flame each other, do it somewhere else.

No update today; I've been trying (and failing) to use the trade system. I've asked poccil to fix a few bugs with it - hopefully he will.

Also, what do you think of my avatar? It's only temporary; I'll go back to my old one soon. I just had a random urge to change it :P

Atomic Reactor

did you make it?
will we be able to purchase them?!

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Oh man.... XD

To the above poster, this game is being developed by Wichu, it is unofficial as such, but it will eventually be available for download :)

Atomic Reactor

i was talking about the plushie in his avatar D:

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
OH! I feel so stupid, I didn't even see your username XD You know when you're just on autopilot?

Sorry buddy. And I agree, I want one.

Men, back to the inn!

Atomic Reactor

But seriously, did you make that plushie wichu?

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
No update?! D: I FEEL ROBBED.

I seriously cannot wait to see what more masterpieces you can whip up with RMXP. Nonetheless, good luck with your work and I hope the Trading System will work out for ya.

thorn96

Fool! I am the weasel!
Years
Lmayonaise, shut your mouth. Sorry if this is annoying
you Wichu, this guy just REALLY gets on my nerves.
Sorry if this really frustrates everyone, but Lmayonaise,
don't you have anything better to do other than
p!ssing me off?

And everyone, sorry if I'm acting like an ass. I'll try
not to do it again. :-(

Anyway, where can I download RPG Maker XP?

I'm sick of making hacks that look like crap. And if I find out,
I promise I'll stop talking about hacks and I'll stop acting like
a pawn. I just want people to appreciate me for once in
my life!

Jeez, I sound like a fvcking poet. I've got a great idea for
an RPG. I'll put it on this website's forum if I can get my
hands on RMXP.

And Wichu, you still haven't answered my question.
How did you make that banner? The more I look at
it, the more I feel like I'm on ecstasy. ;-P

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Yeah, I made it at school around 2 years ago. :P

Unfortunately, it's not for sale, and I'm not planning to make another.

Thorn: As I said, take your argument out of this thread. Just search "download rpg maker xp" on Google, or go to the official website. As for the banner, I made it with Paint.NET and Photshop (for the text). Paint.NET is free, and is downloadable at GetPaint.NET. Play around with gradients and transparency, and you'll eventually get something that looks good.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
It is certainly a very nice looking banner but it doesn't look like it was incredibly difficult to do.

(i.e. don't bug him and figure it out yourself)

Are you planning on showing any more custom pokemon, Wichu?

Years
Lmayonaise, shut your mouth. Sorry if this is annoying
you Wichu, this guy just REALLY gets on my nerves.
Sorry if this really frustrates everyone, but Lmayonaise,
don't you have anything better to do other than
p!ssing me off?
Don't you have anything better to do than continuing what is essentially a pointless argument that you brought on yourself?

And stop deliberately bypassing the censors.

thorn96

Fool! I am the weasel!
Years
Goodbye, mostly HUGE morons

Well, thanks for the advice Wichu.

As for the rest of you, I do want to settle this argument
with Lmayonaise somewhere else, so I'll reply to the
degrading PM he sent me and rid you of my presence.

Bye! And I'm not coming back unless I really have to.

Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2012
stop running off people! my goodness! its not that annoying! just skip over the post and let the mods handle it!

anyway. the game is looking amazing! keep up the good work! cant wait to see the trade system!

Lmayonaise

constant pain in the ..
Years
Grow a spine thorn. SO Wichu, I don't really completely understand - what does Amythest have that makes it differ to Acanthite and Titanium and Iron? I just feel like I need more clarification there.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I have a request. Could everyone please spell Amethyst correctly? It really bugs me when you don't...

Anyway, there's quite a few differences between this and Acanthite or T/I.

Whereas Acanthite is focusing on new Pokémon designs and story, Amethyst has a bigger focus on new features. Of course, I'm not completely abandoning the story and designing Pokémon, as you've probably realized by now. I haven't seen many other games where the developers have put a lot of work into new features. Obviously, some do, but not all, which is rather disappointing... Also, whereas Acanthite is aimed at exploring Kamon's backstory, Amethyst is more like a traditional Pokémon game with new heroes, and a new story. This doesn't mean no characters from previous games will appear, though...

As for T/I, I can't really tell what its main strength is... Having a full Pokédex isn't really necessary, since the majority of it probably won't even be in the demo. No offense to them, but some of their Pokémon don't look so good either. It claims to have a few new features, but I haven't actually seen any of their implementations. Also, T/I are two versions, while Amethyst is just one. Frankly, I didn't see the point in having two slightly different versions, since I'm not trying to make money from it. It would just be extra work for me, and annoying for players.

Besides, aren't you a staff member? Why did you choose to help Amethyst, and not T/I? There must be some reason other than Fangking recommending it...

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
it's a incredible game but who is program for do it? somebody can tell me?
Sombody can tell me if i speak well or not english becouse i'm only a italian bot and i'm 14 years old!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I can understand it...
I use RPG Maker XP. Search it on Google.

Lmayonaise

constant pain in the ..
Years
I have a request. Could everyone please spell Amethyst correctly? It really bugs me when you don't...

Anyway, there's quite a few differences between this and Acanthite or T/I.

Whereas Acanthite is focusing on new Pokémon designs and story, Amethyst has a bigger focus on new features. Of course, I'm not completely abandoning the story and designing Pokémon, as you've probably realized by now. I haven't seen many other games where the developers have put a lot of work into new features. Obviously, some do, but not all, which is rather disappointing... Also, whereas Acanthite is aimed at exploring Kamon's backstory, Amethyst is more like a traditional Pokémon game with new heroes, and a new story. This doesn't mean no characters from previous games will appear, though...

As for T/I, I can't really tell what its main strength is... Having a full Pokédex isn't really necessary, since the majority of it probably won't even be in the demo. No offense to them, but some of their Pokémon don't look so good either. It claims to have a few new features, but I haven't actually seen any of their implementations. Also, T/I are two versions, while Amethyst is just one. Frankly, I didn't see the point in having two slightly different versions, since I'm not trying to make money from it. It would just be extra work for me, and annoying for players.

Besides, aren't you a staff member? Why did you choose to help Amethyst, and not T/I? There must be some reason other than Fangking recommending it...

I asked as I felt like I wasn't really told more about it, and have been intrigued about it. Unfortunately, that's on your behalf with lack of communicating with would-be staff members.

I do agree with T/I not having strong designs, but Amethyst doesn't have strong designs either, the starters are of a quality that arn't that imaginative. The concept of Dipleaf is somewhat already used for Chikorita's line, (long-necked dinosaurs). The fire bear is a good idea, just it has to not look like a real life bear cub with fire popping out of it, some creativity has to come to it which is why I presented my design. If it's the eyes that "scares" everyone then I'll modify them, problem solved. The water starter is based on a concept that is ALREADY been used by Gamefreak not once, but TWICE. Wooper and the Mudkip line, a pretty unoriginal and lackluster effort and designing a starter in my opinion. The Aipom pre-evolution is unnecessary, due to Aipom's size being quite small and I believe that space could be used to a better candidate for a pre-evolution. The Chatot evolution is a concept somewhat overused, and you've been able to present a really decent design, so I'll give you that.

I'm not having general biasity towards anything, but the time I've been with Acanthite (25 months) has helped me explore and better myself as a designer generally, and I have brought so much to the project that sets itself as being the best product on the Pokémon fan game line. I came to you, as I believed Amythest had potential, seeing the custom work but I wasn't too sure if there was beyond custom menus..because that isn't much. Custom menus won't save a bad Pokédex. Custom menus won't save a repititious product.

So I dunno, if I'm going to be a staff member of your team, I'm going to need better communication from you, because I'm not a mind reader and you'll need to be upfront and consider things to make the project the best it can be and IN the same league as Acanthite, because it has so much potential.

That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back