• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Population size

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Unova was more of a heavily populated region, with humans appearing a lot, while other regions had a lot less humans and it seemed more "natural". With these games it's hard to tell kind of. Do you think there will be lots of humans found in the region, given that as the games go on there's more opportunity to add in more human roles, or would you like to see towns with not many more than 20 people? Also on the other hand, if it's based upon France, and given that Unova was USA, it would make sense that these games would have less people than before - will that play a role? Or would you not like to see many NPCs and would rather only see important people and a few NPCs town-to-town or is it expected that there's going to be a lot? Share yo thoughts!

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
I enjoyed Unova's population size quite a bit, however on my first playthroughs of Pokemon games I have this...tendency to talk to everyone. So if the population ever got too big I'd never beat the games.

I think the population will either be smaller or equal to Unova's this time around. I think with 3DS capabilities, Gamefreak has a bit more room to add more content and so population could be one of those things. At the same time it might be difficult making a good enough variety of NPCs. Not that any of the non-important NPCs have anything good to say already, but if there are too many they'll eventually run out of stuff that's even remotely interesting.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'm hoping we have less people than we had in Unova. Although I enjoyed the large population, and it made the game more immersive in a sense since there was more interaction, at some points I felt like a lot of the areas were clogged with people. If the region is truly based off of France, I could see there being a central city that's heavily inhabited like Paris, and then a smaller amount of people throughout the rest of the region.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
As usual, I'm expecting one city or more being pretty populated, with everywhere else being more town-like(aka an small-ok population), almost like Jake described.

I really hope we get plenty of oddballs though, like deep in caves and the like. Those areas can feel really lonely and it's nice to have the company, even if it's only a couple of explorers doing their own thing there. I liked the desert in Unova because, even though it was nothing like any town, there were enough people spread out so even the corners/more remote areas felt a little less lonely, though maybe it could have used a few less people.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I could see the population of the region being smaller than Unova, but still heavy in numbers. France is such a big tourist attraction and such a popular location that it still has quite the population and I could see X and Y mirroring that for this region, possibly. Like in every case though, some cities and towns of the region will be more populated than others as mentioned earlier. That's a normal thing though.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Well, Europe is a big place, you know? So, it stands to reason that it might be very populated. I think there are certain factors for the population size, actually. For one thing, what sorts of attractions could there be for tourists? Of course, I ask this because what's good about foreign places France, or any place for that matter, is that they are very different from our homes (well, I can only speak for myself since I live in Canada), so, I believe that attractions can affect the population. Perhaps this region, being France, can be quite populated too.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I could see the population of the region being smaller than Unova, but still heavy in numbers. France is such a big tourist attraction and such a popular location that it still has quite the population and I could see X and Y mirroring that for this region, possibly. Like in every case though, some cities and towns of the region will be more populated than others as mentioned earlier. That's a normal thing though.

Hmmm tourists. If there's lots of tourists, the actual population could be large, but the natives could be low. In fact, what if people started asking you at some point about directions etc? Could be an extra fun way to earn money if there's a large population :x

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
On the tourists subject, I could see the population fluctuating at different times of the year. I'm sure we'd also be able to spot who are tourists and who aren't. Like Forever said, it would be funny to see them ask us natives questions about the area.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah I think earlier on in the year towards NYE there would definitely be a large tourist population, and that's probably when they'll end up asking you where to go and so on. :3

Back