• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lateon

The Eon Follower
Years
Hey, I already put a question up yesterday but didn't get answered.
I just finished the elite four, and catching Reshiram and received the national dex. So I went into route 11 (My pokemon are all level 50-52) and it seems that the wild pokemon are my level and the trainers are about 64 am i severely under leveled or?

Nope, it's the same here. I found that despite being 10 levels higher, they relatively easy to beat though. I think GF is just giving you someplace to train, since there isn't a way to re-battle anyone.

juxta

3181 0814 1066
Years
Nope, it's the same here. I found that despite being 10 levels higher, they relatively easy to beat though. I think GF is just giving you someplace to train, since there isn't a way to re-battle anyone.

Ah that's what I thought, and yeah I noticed the trainers were actually easy even though they're pokemon are in the 60's haha.
But the funniest thing is, i'm getting less experience (with lucky egg) then I did using the lucky egg say in victory road, and the elite four..
I think that has to do with the evolutions though.

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2011
Old Pokemon available on B&W ?

Hi,
i was wondering does any one here know if the the pokemon in the updated pokedex after you defeat the team plasma leader and credits show shortly after when you click on your saved game again and arrive back home (then pokedex gets upgraded outside house) .. the list of pokemon on there after can you catch them all ?

to shorten the question can you catch charizard and pikichu (the older version pokemon ? lol

Thanks in advance :D

Cyndaquil312

It's been 7 years... but i've returned once more.
Years
DS lite issues.

I don't know if this is just something I'm experiencing, or if it's a wide spread issue, But is any one else having these issues while playing Black and/or White?

1. I just received a brand new battery for my DS lite, let it charge all night long. When I started playing, I had the back-light set to low, the sound off and never turned on the c-gear, after less than an hour my battery was in the red, same with the used battery in my other DS lite.

2. The DS becoming unusually warm around the battery compartment, speakers, and where the stylist goes while playing.

3. closing the DS (sleep mode) and when I reopen it the system turns off (this only happened twice (so far), I may have hit the power switch when I reopened it the first time, the second time it happened the DS was open on the charger and just turned off).

4. Fully charged battery, I start the game and turn on the C-Gear, within 5-10 minuets, My battery is in the red.

I've gone back and played on my Diamond, Pearl, and Soul Silver games, and did not have any issues on either of my systems, these have only happened on Black and white, I'm assuming that since the game is meant for the 3DS, that perhaps it's just causing my DSlite to over work, thus causing the issue(s).

*sorry if this is posted in the wrong spot...*

Speed

Skyward
Years
It's not your game, it's probably your DS. I have a DS lite too, it works just fine when I play Black on it. The games aren't designed for the 3DS either, or else they would've been released after the 3DS was, and wouldn't work on a DS.

LuVrDiSC

pokéGirL Power !
Years
does anyone know...?

if i transform ROTOM into a Washing Machine and transfer him over to pokemon Black does he turn back into regular Rotom?

What is a good Nature for Oshawatt > Samurott that corresponds to their natural skills in evolution.

also Snivy?

Last edited by a moderator:

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
Depends on what you want. Modest and Timid would be good if you want to use its naturally higher special attack, or Adamant or Jolly could be used if you want to use a Swords Dance / Megahorn combo. Got for Adamant or Modest however, as his speed only reaches base 70 upon evolving to Samurott.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
Does shaking grass never occur at night or something?
I was grinding off of Audino and it turned night and all of a sudden the grass never shook again.
EDIT: Nevermind, but does it get more rare or something? cuz it seems to happen less often.

Last edited:

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Do I have to be walking in the grass to activate shaking-grass event Pokemon, or can I be walking on the route part?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Do I have to be walking in the grass to activate shaking-grass event Pokemon, or can I be walking on the route part?

What makes this an easier process is the fact you can just walk in the area the grass is in without the need to actually be in it to activate the shaking grass. :)

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years

What makes this an easier process is the fact you can just walk in the area the grass is in without the need to be in it to activate the shaking grass. :)

@_@ *did not compute*

So does that mean I can be walking on a route part (no Pokemon will pop out) and activate the shaking grass?

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
can anyone confirm 100% that pokemon black and white treats a 3DS as a DSi for the DSi only/enhanced features?

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2011
Where Do I Go!?!?!

I beat N at the end of the game. Then i had to face the other green haired dude with the weird eye thing, but I lost. Then it sent me to the pokemon center right before i face the elite four, but when i tried to go back to face the green haired dude, it wouldn't let me. Where do I go?! How do I get back!?!?! Can anyone help me?!?!?

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
I beat N at the end of the game. Then i had to face the other green haired dude with the weird eye thing, but I lost. Then it sent me to the pokemon center right before i face the elite four, but when i tried to go back to face the green haired dude, it wouldn't let me. Where do I go?! How do I get back!?!?! Can anyone help me?!?!?

normally there is the elite 4 then the 5th is the champion of the elite 4 and it sounds like you failed on the champion

from the looks you have to re-fight all the elite 4 to get back there

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
for Pokemon BLACK, do you have to beat the story/game & go thru the Elite 4, get the Nat Dex before you can transfer pokes from soulsilver to black?
Yes, you have to beat the E4, N and Ghestis and get the National Dex before you can use the PokeTransfer. The exception is the Relocator, when you can transfer a shiny event legendary beast (Raikou, Entei or Suicune) or Celebi to access the Zoroark and Zorua events respectively.

Years
I was told that ev training stays the same in this game except that stats are recalculated at the end of every battle instead of during leveling up. That being said, my pokemon should increase by 1 stat in defense after fighting 4 roggenrola, but for some reason no matter how many I fight the stats don't go up, does anyone know why?

Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
Breed Nidoran *M or F* ?

Is it possible to breed nidoran *m or f* or their evolutions? i looked on serebii and it says they can't breed. maybe i read it wrong? anyone know :) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back