• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Am I the only one who likes ____?

TheLeetCasualGamer

Hi, I'm strange :3
Years
Am I the only one who actually kind of likes Vanilluxe along with the rest of the evo line? People seem to hate it just for being based off of Ice-cream but with the typing of ice, I'm actually surprised that it took Gamefreak this long to make an Ice-cream Pokemon. It's one of few pure ice types that actually have pretty nice over-all stats and a good enough move-pool to back it up. And it's actually very cute if you think about it. Besides, it's more like an icicle then actual ice-cream due to how it resembles a pointy ice, stalagtite.

#isthenumbersign
Years
I absolutely adore Venomoth. He never gets any love/goes unnoticed, like a lot of the first generation Pokemon these days, but he's a very capable Pokemon in battle, and is just overall awesome.

inb4lucariotrololol

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I actually love Vanilluxe's evo line; it's really cute to me and its stats are good. While Ice-types aren't anything to write home about, they're still useful against Dragon-types and others. It does get Water Pulse through breeding and a couple other decent moves, though.

Yellow Silver Nostalgia

Those Were The Days
Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
I absolutely adore Venomoth. He never gets any love/goes unnoticed, like a lot of the first generation Pokemon these days, but he's a very capable Pokemon in battle, and is just overall awesome.

inb4lucariotrololol

Venomoth is really cool but by the time I get to Koga's gym I always have several Pokemon that can very easily take it out, so I think that's why it's a bit blah. Same with the Pokemon of any gym leader past the first 3.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Unless Luke replies to this, I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in existence who loves Probopass. Like, not tolerates because it's kind of funny or doesn't really care about it, I'm one of like 3 people I know in the world who doesn't absolutely hate it. :(

I like using it. It's a nice change from the kinds of Pokemon I usually use in battle so I always enjoy having one on my team. I also really like the idea of it and while I can respect everyone's decision to dislike it, I don't understand why everyone has to put it down all the time. It makes me sad!
Am I the only one who actually kind of likes Vanilluxe along with the rest of the evo line? People seem to hate it just for being based off of Ice-cream but with the typing of ice, I'm actually surprised that it took Gamefreak this long to make an Ice-cream Pokemon. It's one of few pure ice types that actually have pretty nice over-all stats and a good enough move-pool to back it up. And it's actually very cute if you think about it. Besides, it's more like an icicle then actual ice-cream due to how it resembles a pointy ice, stalagtite.
Vanillite is probably still my favourite addition in gen 5. It's so cute! I don't love its evolutions quite as much but I still like them a lot. I mean, I tend to like some really obscure/unpopular Pokemon but I don't understand why people dislike Vanillite! It's adorable! And my Vanilluxe in Black was probably the only reason I managed to beat the Elite 4 when I did. It was easily the MVP on my team. It surprises me that more people didn't use it, especially when the game had a Dragon gym.

Years

I happen to love the Vanillite line as well, they are among my fave Ice-types and I love ice-cream not to mention they are soooooooooo cute!

Also, am I the only one who likes Elgyem and Beheeyem? I know Psychics are usually popular but these two just seem so underrated and overlooked compared to other Psychic-types. These guys really serve awesome roles on teams based around Trick Room. Also, I love their designs (I think aliens are so adorable) and their anime voices, and their in-game cries. I loved these two ever since I saw Marriland using one in his Pokemon White LP videos. I even have Elgyem on my claimed Pokemon list. They definitely need more love.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
PROBOPASS IS A BOSS. THEY SHOULD OF CALLED HIM PROBOBOSS. My taste in Pokemon is against the norm of Fire-types, pseudolegendaries and the Lati@s siblings. I love things like Jynx, Victreebel, Octillery, Vespiquen, Granbull, etc that just don't get a lot of attention from the fandom in general. It's okay though because that way when I find art of my favs it feels like a real treat because it's so rare. It is a little annoying to constantly see "ew Jynx was a Nicki Minaj-wannabe" and what not. But then I remember these people just have poor taste anyway.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2013
Am i the only one who like Dunsparce? It has one of the most original and creative designs EVER (In my super biased opinion). It's based on the mythical Tsuchinoko, a Japanese Myth. How cool is that?. And, with it's awesome ability in Serene Grace, it will Hax everyone and everything. So all in all DON'T DISS THE SPARCE.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Am I the only one that likes Dodrio? Obviously not my first love, but it has an attack, okay speed, a freaking awesome design and that awesome move called Tri-attack where a opponent has chance to be burned, paralysed or frozen, pity Tri-attack is a special attack, if it was a attack based attack, I would be owning peeps for days.

Spr_5b_085_m.png

Show some love will ya?

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
I seriously like Deerling/Sawsbuck, haven't seen anyone use Sawsbuck on their team yet but I don't really talk to many Pokemon fans.
I actually have a competition-ready Sawsbuck that I will occasionally use on my team <3 If you can beef him up with a Swords Dance then your opponent will rue the day.
Am i the only one who like Dunsparce? It has one of the most original and creative designs EVER (In my super biased opinion). It's based on the mythical Tsuchinoko, a Japanese Myth. How cool is that?. And, with it's awesome ability in Serene Grace, it will Hax everyone and everything. So all in all DON'T DISS THE SPARCE.
Dunsparce is so cute I can't stand it.

One of the best things about Pokemon is that every Pokemon is someone's favorite. It just makes me happy to know that despite some people complaining about certain designs each Pokemon is loved. Very few franchises with as big a "cast" as Pokemon can claim to have this phenomenon occur.

If I had to list a Pokemon I really love that I think is unpopular, I guess I'd mention Stunfisk. But I know he has a cult following in the form of the Maggya so I know right off the bat he doesn't count xD

Vicktor Black

Still Working on Red Frost
Years
Not sure if anyone else likes Mawile but I certainly do I like how it looks and Mawile may not be really good in battle but it will still take a bite out of the competition.

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2013
Never really hear people say to much about Sableye, Of course he's no pro at battling but i relish it's design..Also i've got to give a shout to one of my other favs that i don't hear much about Torkoal, Really like everything about Torkoal

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Am I the only one around here who loves Zigzagoon/Linoone? They aren't really strong, I know that, but they have an awesomely cute design, and they're not as annoying as Rattata or Bidoof.

Years
Crobat. I've never once battled a trainer who had one. Grant it, training it could become annoying, but it takes patience. It's already been the other for HM Fly. It's always the 1st one on my team to reach L100. It's always the 1st one to reach it's max likeness for me. It's always my most powerful. I love it.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Back