• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who is Ash's Father?

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2014
I know way back in season 1 Delia did say ash was very adventurous like his father but besides that he hasnt really been mentioned. I saw a youtube video that said his father was Giovanni but there is a very low chance of this being true, even though he did date Delia at one point. And no his diad isnt Mr.Mime lol ( and ash is not a ditto/testube baby). The only recurring characters that had parents were brock,may/max, and barry and dawn i guess.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
Nah, I don't think they'll ever reveal who it is. If they do, I'm sure that would mark the end of the anime, or at least prove to be a pivotal point in Ash's development. And that alone will mark the ending, since Ash actually grows up if he meets his dad. But he doesn't seem too concerned over about it at all. He only cares about Pokemon, really.

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2014
True

Yeah, a normal person would at least wonder especially being 10 and having no father figure around

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2012
Giovani only might be his dad in The electric tale of pikachu. In the show two people are thought to be his dad professor oak (unlikely due to that meanng himand garywould be related and they've never metioned and relation) Or silver (pokemon golds antagonist and GIOVANIS SON!) The logicalone is silver due to him being Delila's age and adventurer. In one episode of a spin off silver told gold (I don't rember his name in the series) That he reminded him of an adventurer he knows ;D

Guest123_x1

Here we go about this topic again, for the umpteenth time...
Who Ash's father REALLY is is a tightly held secret among the writers-whoever he is, or whenever they will reveal this, we may never know.

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2012
Here we go about this topic again, for the umpteenth time...
Who Ash's father REALLY is is a tightly held secret among the writers-whoever he is, or whenever they will reveal this, we may never know.

The writers' themselves may not even know! lol xP

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 4, 2012
lol

My theory? His father is MOST likely either Giovanni, or Koga (There are some striking similarities in their looks.....)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Seriously speaking, its some guy with the name of Ketchum, Mr Ketchum.

No now I am serious, they are not going to reveal who is Ash's father because he doesn't exist or he's dead or Ash's adopted or something crazy like that.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I believe his father is The Pokemon Master and by saying that when we find out who Ash's father is will make the end of the Anime, I find to be true in this case. Perhaps Ash becomes a Pokemon Master by defeating his father?

Last edited:

Guest123_x1

they are not going to reveal who is Ash's father because he doesn't exist or he's dead or Ash's adopted or something crazy like that.
Come to think of it, as for these and the assertions that it's Giovanni, I once believed that Ash's father was a really dark (no pun intended) and vicious figure a la Darth Vader.

Mentalii

Back
Years
We will never know because it is not important at all. Seriously, in almost every anime, story or show, we don't always know about the protagonist's parents and that's not a mysterious fact ! And, since Pokémon is mainly a kid show, this is unlikely that they imagined something twisted about Ash's father, like Giovanni being his father or anything else.
So, we'll never know, and we don't have to care about that.

Years
Ash's father: Unwritten Dude

Just like Gary's Parents, Misty's Parents, Dawn's Father, Paul and Reggie's Parents, Barry's Mom, etc etc etc

They exist, but if they were anyone of importance that we've seen there would be big hints by now.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
Years
LOL, GIOVANNI BEING ASH'S DAD. I think Ash would give up his Pokemon dream if it were true...

Actually, I read somewhere a while back that the producers and such said that they won't reveal Ash's dad at the time being, but if it comes down to that and it is needed for the growth and development of Ash, then they will reveal his father.
Not sure if that's true, but that's what I read somewhere. Don't ask me where because I really don't remember...but anyhow, 2012 seems like a good year, so they might reveal him but they might not. I give it about a 5-10% chance, LOL, since there haven't been any hints on it or any mention of it, but maybe later on in the year or something. I kinda would like to see his dad, but I bet he would just look like a taller Ash, haha!

Years
LOL, GIOVANNI BEING ASH'S DAD. I think Ash would give up his Pokemon dream if it were true...

Actually, I read somewhere a while back that the producers and such said that they won't reveal Ash's dad at the time being, but if it comes down to that and it is needed for the growth and development of Ash, then they will reveal his father.
Not sure if that's true, but that's what I read somewhere. Don't ask me where because I really don't remember...but anyhow, 2012 seems like a good year, so they might reveal him but they might not. I give it about a 5-10% chance, LOL, since there haven't been any hints on it or any mention of it, but maybe later on in the year or something. I kinda would like to see his dad, but I bet he would just look like a taller Ash, haha!

The dub staff on a commentary of either the third or first movie said that they would reveal him if they needed, or maybe later. Being the dub staff, really there's no creditability about plot line elements.

They're pretty much set on making him 10 forever, so I doubt he'll ever 'need development'.

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
Wow this is a pretty good question. I probably wondered that the first season but after that, I just considered him to be a dead beat.....it happens...

Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2012
It was mentioned in a pokemon DVD commentary that Ash's dad will be revealed..

Maybe it's Lance..

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2013
I dont think giovanni is ashs father
because in the games it said that giovannis kid has long red hair, Only person in games with those characteristics SILVER
in the new games celebi flashbacks you to giovanni leaving silver disbanding team rocket

but those are games this is anime

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2016
Probably on the last episodes of the Anime Ash returns and then comes his father and they both battle... Last episode

Back