• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Catz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v4.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Dero, you're eager with the zero again. :B

Haha, Thom's right. As far as (former) SJ titles go, D.Gray-man is also my favourite. <3 That and Rurouni Kenshin as second.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Rurouni Kenshin got pretty epic after episode 28. Kyoto arc was a blast. But idk if I'm just biased or anything but I still can't bring myself to love it more than One Piece. :(

and yeah, i come here to zero the hell outta the count, after all

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

Naruto really isn't as bad as people like to make out. The world is the only real thing One Pieced does infinity better.

Sasuke's recent development, although I've been expecting it, didn't feel quite right. There was some pretty ominous mentions of him being known to stab people in the back. We'll see, I guess.

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 22, 2021

I just feel as far as its art style goes that the characters look too... elastic? Idk. Feels like they lack a lot of features that make them seem human to me. It's just... hard to describe. It's the same issue I tend to have with FT as well. Also kiiiinda dislike the obvious intent to make certain... assets of women the primary thing people notice about them.

And as for DGM, the Anime gets better both artistically and in its story over time. My chief complaints with it though is that, in comparison to the Manga, it finishes without really resolving anything (which is understandable seeing as how the Manga is still on-going, and going veryyy slowly given the Mangaka's poor health and they didn't want to continue the Anime and get ahead of the Manga >_>) but also... at least in my opinion, it lacks a certain amount of depth the characters have. THey do a pretty good job at it, but it still... is missing something.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Rurouni Kenshin got pretty epic after episode 28. Kyoto arc was a blast. But idk if I'm just biased or anything but I still can't bring myself to love it more than One Piece. :(

and yeah, i come here to zero the hell outta the count, after all

Kyoto arc was the best part of the Kenshin Anime. <3 Hiko 8D;
The part that didn't get animated, i.e. the "Revenge Arc" was also pretty epic. I remember sitting on the edge of my chair reading the whole freakin' thing in one go. |D

As for DGM, I pretty much agree with what SA said over there. Although, I don't know if I feel the same regarding the character depth.
Might be because the past 30 chapters or so have been very emotionally heavy that some of the characters got more depth than what happened in the anime?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
HHEEEEEY WAAAAAAAAAAAIT, DID YOU JUST SAY DUB ON CN??? THAT HAS GOT TO BE THE 4KIDS DUB!! if it was you probably saw the worst version of One Piece, ever.
Nope, the CN dub was the version made by Funi, it's not the 4Kids version. Heck, they even got rid of the rap for dubbed versions of the theme songs (and good ones)

And who here is talking about RuroKen? That brings back memories <3

Though my favorite SJ manga is easily Dragon Ball, followed by Z. I would say that Yu Yu Hakusho follows that, but I think that that show is best enjoyed as an anime and dubbed.

derozio

Years
I jumped on the hate parade once. But Naruto's pretty good. It is, for me, like dis

One Piece >> Naruto >>>>>>>> Bleach

But I had CN. They aired One Piece. And it was the 4kids version. And I didn't know that there were arcs in Kenshin that weren't animated. O_o
Yu Yu Hakusho's pretty boss, btw. But if you ask me which I prefer over DBZ and it, I'd go for YYH.

I heard people talk good about Hunter X Hunter. And it didn't disappoint in the least. Hope the same will hold true for DGM.

derozio

Years
I've seen it on CN only till the Logue Town arc. Then they stopped airing the anime. So I always assumed that they never had funi dubs.

yeah, laboon wasn't there.lmao backstory of one of the crewmembers gone. poof. just like that.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years

Kenshin has over 28 volumes worth of manga chapters. The Kyoto arc starts in volume 7 with Saitou's arrival and ends in volume 16 with the return to Tokyo in volume 17. So yeah, plenty left to be animated. They had plans to do so (as can be seen in the final ending song with Tomoe's face), but had to stop because the fillers didn't bring in enough money.

Kenshin's awesome though. 8D; Definitally one of those 90's manga that is a must-read.
In case anyone wonders, my username is Kenshin inspired. I picked it after the "epilogue" song of the Tsuiokuhen OVA: In memories -Kotowari-

derozio

Years
Ooh, tons of Kenshin stuff to discover for me then! Totally gonna read when things settle down. :D

And I always thought you took the name just because you liked the meaning of the word. :p It means "refusal" or something like that, I guess. Or that's just what it seems like to me.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

I watched it when it was on Toonami and read it when I started reading anime, it's such a nostalgic series for me. That's another anime I'm surprised Toonami took on. Seriously, the editors at Toonami deserved to be paid WAY more than they were, especially thanks to their work in the original Dragon Ball and Yu Yu Hakusho (both of which had impeccable dubs).

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years

I picked the name because I liked the word, yes. The sound and the meaning (reason, a principle, justice, right, truth, science), but I probably wouldn't have come across it or would have actively paid attention to it if it weren't for that song (which I love, btw).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back